It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Police Warn Of Hypnosis Robbery In Chinatown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Boston Police Warn Of Hypnosis Robbery In Chinatown
May 4, 2012 10:17 PM -- CBS, Boston

She was just walking down the street minding her own business.

BOSTON (CBS) – There is anger on the streets of Chinatown at the idea that scam artists are taking advantage of elderly women.

Boston Police have issued a Community Alert about a new scam. It’s one very similar to those that have already emerged in Asian communities in New York, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.

In the Boston case, the victim claims three young women approached her on the street. One of the women asked her a series of questions – all in Cantonese — about her family.

Suddenly, 3 strange young women appear and one starts asking questions in Chinese.

Then, She goes home and places all her valuables into a bag and hands it over !!

A victim of hypnosis.

Very strange.

Can someone have this kind of power ?
Is it magic ?

In the span of just a few minutes, the victim alleges the women hypnotized her without her permission and convinced her to go back home and put all of her valuables in a bag.

When all was said and done, the victim handed over to these women $160,000 in cash and jewelry.

Boston-area psychotherapist Lorna McKenzie-Pollock uses hypnosis on some of her clients. She says no one can be hypnotized to do something they don’t want to do

Is witchcraft involved ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
..... or did some old woman just get taken for a real con job and is far too proud to admit she got had on something really stupid? I'm not saying I'd know what such a thing would feel like... err... but.. I'd guess that if someone really fell for a bad story, a wild lie might be easier than admitting it.

Just my suggestion as a more likely outcome that a hypnotist mugger. I mean, why have a life of crime?? A man THAT good could make millions doing shows in Vegas. lol

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wrabbit just posted my first impression - she was conned & then embarrassed by it.

I had a great-aunt who lived to be 106. The last ten years of her life she was very sharp but fast-talking cold callers were able to muddle her thinking pretty easily. Once she changed her long-distance provider several times in just a couple of days - without really understanding what she had done.

I hope that if she was conned or whatever, that these women are found & they pay for it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'm guessing it probably is a real scam.

reply to post by xuenchen

She says no one can be hypnotized to do something they don’t want to do

Yes but it's easy to convince someone they want do something they don't want to do when they are in a trance state.
edit on 6-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That area of Boston used to be called "The Combat Zone." Washington St, I believe. It has been engulfed by China Town. Decades ago the streets surrounding the Zone were painted with demarcations and signs were posted: You Are Now Entering the Combat Zone. Peep shows, strip joints, hookers, dope and swindlers.

As a Guardian Angel in college, we "patrolled" that area quite a bit.

On another note, the South American Theft Groups (which, if interested, you can check out HERE and HERE, conduct Lotto scams on (usually) elderly Hispanics in their own communities.

Certainly it is not as obscure as the OP's reported crime, but the victims are nonetheless swindled in great value, whether it be cash, jewelery or opening store credit for the thieves' shopping spree.

Of course the victim is left with a worthless lottery ticket.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Maybe this - it comes as a white powder, someone stops you on the street asks you directions or the time and just blows a little powder in your face - seconds later you are a totally suggestable zombie with no volition of your own.

A drug that can cause complete elimination of your own free will. The chemical is Scopalamine. This substance is used to treat motion sickness. The Drug turns crime victims into Zombies.

www.care2.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Can be done and has been done.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

That's a good one !

Maybe some Chinese herbs have the same effects.

I knew there was witchcraft involved

top topics

join