It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens: Aliens and Dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have not taken the time to fully watch this new AA episode but I wanted to at the very least put it out there for those who may of either missed this one and/or are interested.

I cannot say with any conviction that I personally believe there to be any kind of connection between the two...but in the same breadth I am not so arrogant as to believe that I know the answer to everything,especially when I am suspect of our own written history to begin with,that is for another time and another thread.

Did aliens create dinosaurs as an creation experiment eons ago on the Earth? If so,did something go wrong with this creation that made these otherworldly 'Alien' intelligences destroy the dinosaurs? or were the dinosaurs already here on Earth through natural evolution when the aliens decided to wipe them off the face of the earth?

I am not saying I believe any of this,only trying to make sense and theorize the implications and possibilities for arguments sake.

What is your opinion on this subject,is it possible? do we have any evidence that proves for or against something like this happening? most assuredly not,if any such evidence were to exist we would not 'be in the need to know" category,sad but true.

Do you personally believe that it was a comet that killed off the dinosaurs? if not,why do you believe that it was not a comet and what do you believe could of really happened to the contrary?

Regardless of the validity of such absurd claims & theories like in this A.A. episode,I must say I would love to see a battle between dinosaurs and Alien invaders...it would make Godzilla blush.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Were dinosaurs a type of alien or could they have become "aliens" themselves?

Could it be that some of the reptilian alien reports are actually advanced,evolved dinosaurs? what if a species of dinosaur like the troodon survived the cataclysmic event,possibly going under ground and then over the millions of years evolved into an intelligent humanoid-like being,we are talking at least 60 millions years give or take of possible time to evolve.

Could this theoretical dinosaur species of been even more advanced than present day man? Even achieving space flight? have they returned over the years visiting their ancient ape-man "cousins",now modern man? I don't know,but the implications are mind boggling and astounding .

In 1982, Dale Russell, then curator of vertebrate fossils at the National Museum of Canada in Ottawa, conjectured a possible evolutionary path for Troodon, if it not had perished in the K/T extinction event 65 million years ago, suggesting that it could have evolved into intelligent beings similar in body plan to humans.

Over geologic time, Russell noted that there had been a steady increase in the encephalization quotient or EQ (the relative brain weight when compared to other species with the same body weight) among the dinosaurs.[27] Russell had discovered the first Troodontid skull, and noted that, while its EQ was low compared to humans, it was six times higher than that of other dinosaurs. Russell suggested that if the trend in Troodon evolution had continued to the present, its brain case could by now measure 1,100 cm3; comparable to that of a human.

Troodontids had semi-manipulative fingers, able to grasp and hold objects to a certain degree, and binocular vision.[11] Russell proposed that his "Dinosauroid", like members of the troodontid family, would have had large eyes and three fingers on each hand, one of which would have been partially opposed. Russell also speculated that the "Dinosauroid" would have had a tootheless beak. As with most modern reptiles (and birds), he conceived of its genitalia as internal.

Troodon/Dinosauroid Source

Dinosauroid/evolved Troodon:

More information on Dino-sapiens/evolved humanoid dinosaurs - Troodon sapiens?: Thoughts on the "Dinosauroid"
edit on 5-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reptilians obviously created the dinosaurs to intimidate other aliens.
Or reptilians killed all the dinosaurs themselves just like how the humans killed the woolly mammoths.

Seriously though I don't think aliens have a reason to destroy the dinosaurs since they were just animals.
Aliens are only interested in destroying mankind.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

It's certainly a fascinating scenario, I can imagine a reptilian species perhaps running amok with their genetic mutations on a pristine, vacant planet.

Unfortuanley dinosaur DNA is impossible to extract and analyse because radioactive decay has aged the proteins beyond usefulness.

I can't think of a way to disprove the claim, so we might never be able to rule this one out.

So what do you think the purose of these expirments was? What use could dinosaurs be?

Perhaps as weaponry, maybe they were trying to breed a killing machine to destroy their enemies, similar to the creature in the 'Alien' films.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I personally believe the series is grasping at straws hardcore. If they wanted to clear out the dinosaurs to make room for "something better and more intelligent" Then why has the show in the past claimed that they genetically modified humans to make them "something better and more intelligent"? The two viewpoints are incompatible. If they wanted to make Dinos more intelligent why not modify them as well? And if the point of the show is to go around wildly speculating about what aliens could possibly have done with our past and then justifying it by massively warping a number of sources to fit their preconceptions then sure that is fun but what fracking place does it have on the HISTORY Channel? I guess it's better that Pawn Stars.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I love this show...but this one seems to be a stretch.

Bookmarking so I can watch later, I don't get H2

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I personally believe the series is grasping at straws hardcore. If they wanted to clear out the dinosaurs to make room for "something better and more intelligent" Then why has the show in the past claimed that they genetically modified humans to make them "something better and more intelligent"? The two viewpoints are incompatible. If they wanted to make Dinos more intelligent why not modify them as well? And if the point of the show is to go around wildly speculating about what aliens could possibly have done with our past and then justifying it by massively warping a number of sources to fit their preconceptions then sure that is fun but what fracking place does it have on the HISTORY Channel? I guess it's better that Pawn Stars.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

I agree they maybe grasping for straws but that still does not make the theory/idea obsolete,right?
you do not have to fully agree with their theories to come up with your own spin on the potential implications if it were to be true,like I did in the OP.

I ran with the general idea behind what they were presenting in the show,I could careless what their personal views on the different aspects/theories of ufology & aliens are,they do not effect or mold my own personal thoughts on the subject.

I say,let your imagination run wild.

Originally posted by OpenMindedMommy

I love this show...but this one seems to be a stretch.

Bookmarking so I can watch later, I don't get H2

You might be right,you may be wrong? who knows but either way it makes for interesting debate and conversation.Like I said...as silly as it may seem/sound...What if?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I kind of like the evolved dinosaur theory.....Look at how many times human civilisations have risen and fallen in the paltry few thousand years that we claim to know about.

The dinosaurs had the run of the place for millions of years.....Plenty of time to evolve, progress technologically and explore the galaxy, even at sublight speeds.
edit on 5-5-2012 by squarehead666 because: S&P

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You have to think. If humans are believed to have evolved in the short amount of time that we did, who are we to say that surviving dinosaurs couldn't have aswell. Most would turn into birds and the like of course, but who would say that when that asteroid hit that some didn't go underground and evolve over millions of years into intelligent beings such as ourselves? If we could do it so could they and our history supports the theory of a intelligent "reptilian" species. Sadly this episode doesn't go that far, but it is an interested subject for those with an open mind.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Jagermeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus

It's certainly a fascinating scenario, I can imagine a reptilian species perhaps running amok with their genetic mutations on a pristine, vacant planet.

Unfortuanley dinosaur DNA is impossible to extract and analyse because radioactive decay has aged the proteins beyond usefulness.

I can't think of a way to disprove the claim, so we might never be able to rule this one out.

So what do you think the purpose of these experiments was? What use could dinosaurs be?

Perhaps as weaponry, maybe they were trying to breed a killing machine to destroy their enemies, similar to the creature in the 'Alien' films.

You present many good questions that unfortunately we are unable to answer at the moment.

What could of been the reason for the creation of the dinosaurs?
What purpose did this dinosaur creation experiment have? what was the use of these dinosaurs?
Were dinosaurs aliens themselves? or as I posted in the OP alluding to the theoretical possibility of an evolved humanoid intelligent dinosaur.

Depending on what theory you go with there are many variables to take into consideration.

What if the dinosaurs were a genetic manipulation similar to what ancient alien theory says about humanity being tampered with,the ancient 'reptile' species on earth could of been sped up on the evolutionary scale,maybe it did not work out like they originally thought,forced to destroy their monstrous creations.

What if like A.A. theory/mankind creation/DNA manipulation,a third party was involved in the creation of the reptilian alien species? 1 part dinosaur/1 part humanoid alien species genetically altered and manipulated into an intelligent,bi-pedal "dinosauroid" ?

A.A. theory and the annunaki theories purport that a ape like humanoid that was native to Earth was genetically altered with E.T. DNA,thus creating modern man...What if something similar happened with the dinosaurs?

1.)the original dinosaurs are now extinct giving way to a new,advanced and improved species of "alien"what we now call the dracos/reptilians.

2.)Prehistoric man neanderthal/cro-magnon etc. is now extinct giving way to modern day man...Improved,more advanced and intelligent.

Could they both be 'creation experiments' that far surpass anything imaginable,even in the most ardent UFO/alien believer?

If true,does something come next? will modern man no longer one day be the same,as we know ourselves to be.will we one day in the future look back at our present timeline and think of ourselves as 'primitive'?

Will humanity evolve even further and beyond,whether through natural means or genetic tampering by advanced beings to the point of becoming practically another species/form of man,as we know it?

Mind boggling.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the links - watching now

I have to say that I am kinda attracted to this theory - that life previously attained an organizational level of complexity similar to ours and perhaps even globally.

Oh this reminds me of a book I read
its a book of poems about a conversation with an angel in the form of a peacock. Hold on, its on my shelf.... Its called "Books of Number" - but there is a part where the peacock-angel tells the main characters that god created other ages before ours with other intelligent creatures. One of those ages was an age of intelligent dinosaurs and birds.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
AA Theorists just don't know what to think in my opinion. Please correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't "wild hair" say in previous episodes that the drawings, carvings, and hieroglyphs were of alien gods that man worshipped. According to the new episode now man lived with dinosaurs, and that's what the carvings etc were.
Did I Mis-interpret what they said.
Either way I am still a fan of the show.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm personally of the opinion that were Dinos, or anything to have been plopped down on the planet fully formed, we'd have that mystery glaring at us squarely in the face in the fossil record.

We, however, have a fairly comprehensive fossil record for many lines of evolution with dinos where we can see progressions and even branching of specialized adaptations to fit certain ecological niches.

This doesn't rule out purposeful tinkering from an outside source of preexisting naturally evolving species to push them in certain directions, but, from an opinion base, I'm wagering that not likely in consideration that such tinkering could have been accomplished in a lab with specifically engineered samples designed for rapid growth and reproduction to follow line production through generations quickly instead of waiting over 200 million years or more just to figure out the whole experiment is a wash.

We engineer mice, rats, pigs, and other animals for specific tasks in labs to study certain effects of many things like aging, drug resistance, immunoresponse, genetic disorders get purposely introduced, and many other things.

Were there a species of intelligent aliens tinkering with dino DNA, they'd get better results quicker in conducting their experiments in a lab under accelerated conditions, as opposed to having a whole planet for a petri dish over hundreds of millions of years.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's simply not true to say that we have a comprehensive understanding of dinosaur evolution.....We have a number of theories and a certain amount of evidence to back them up, but nothing remotely resembling a comprehensive overview.

For that matter we don't even have a comprehensive overview of our own evolution.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If the asteroid impact theory is correct, wouldn't rocks, plants and bacteria have been ejected into space?

Some may have survived a trip to another planet/moon, and "infecting" it. So if we find alien life on another planet/moon, it might appear to be earthbound ?

Maybe some of these ancient lifeforms (bacteria), have survived in space for 65 million years, and then slams back into earth once in a while. Would this ancient life form be a danger to us ? Could it be that the plague and other epidemics have been caused by this ?

Was Earth's spin speeded up or down by the event? Changing gravity, so these huge animals couldn't survive?

A lot of speculation

edit on 5/5/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Very good point.....Also, based purely on our own efforts, high tech civilistations appear to have a desire to limit their impact on the natural environment. The big rock might have scrubbed every last trace of ancient eco-dinosaurs from the surface of the planet, as well as wiping out the last of their larger ancestors (presumably kept in juassic safari parks for safety reasons).

Personally I reckon the humongous thermal pulse and the ensuing 'nuclear-winter' would have been more of a problem for the locals than any minor changes in orbital mechanics.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Something to consider: When AA pegged Dinosaur State Park in Glen Rose Texas on the map, they starred some spot on the far southeast coastal area of Texas.

In reality Glen Rose, is located just southwest of Fort Worth, closer to Central Texas.

update:
The fossils that are described as 'radioactive' in this episode are typically so usually because they have been permineralized/replaced by the radioactive, uranium-bearing mineral carnotite.
They weren't irradiated by nuclear dirty bombs.
The mineral material which replaced the bones during permineralization was just radioactive, and only just such.

You can find this process mentioned HERE
and also HERE in a book titled Introduction to the Study of Dinosaurs, particularly on page 209, as well as many other places in University level study materials, and even armchair reading publications if you care to educate yourself about the finer points of Paleontology.

Another error made in this episode is where they describe Archeopteryx as the ONLY flying dinosaur.
One need only read over the wiki article Pterosaur to see this statement made by AA as being false.

Further, in regard to the Ica Stones depicting dinosaurs and humans cooexisting:

The main proponent associated with the Ica Stones is the late Dr. Javier Cabrera (deceased 2001) who is credited with popularizing the stones as well as displaying and caring for them in the museum that was contained within his house in Ica. Cabrera termed these stones “gliptoliths” and posited that they were created by “Gliptolithic Man” who came to Earth from the Pleiades. He first came upon the infamous stones when he was given one for his birthday in the early 1960s. The beautiful stone interested him and he was able to buy more from a farmer in the region. The farmer brought Cabrera more and more stones but would not reveal how he was making them, eventually leading Cabrera to become convinced of the authenticity of the stones.

As the Ica Stones gained international popularity, the Peruvian government was forced to crack down on the law governing huaqueros (grave robbers) and those who sell antiquities on the black market. As a result the farmer was arrested, faced imprisonment but avoided jail by eventually admitting to being the one to create the numerous Ica Stones.

SOURCE

Take note that Doctor Javier Cabrera was giving MONEY to the farmer for 'finding' these stones. This creates a market where by demand/interest then created a supply readily fabricated by the farmer (and associates).
Please also consider the confession of the farmer making a statement in regard to these forgeries.

Like so many that prefer to continue to believe in something despite contrary evidence, Doctor Javier Cabrera continued to believe the lie, and thus his continued interest facilitated further demand, which precipitated an easy supply readily fabricated by locals for the easy money in exchange for some rocks.

Here also is the wiki on the stones: Ica Stones wiki

If AA got these wrong, in just this one episode, what else are they getting wrong?

In my opinion, this episode examples how close the series is coming to running dry such that it doesn't even really try to cover how hard it is trying grab for any purchase to hold on onto; even those that are pure fantasy and outright lies.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Nice research and duly noted. Usually I tend to disagree when I read your posts, but I couldn't agree more with the above. It's makes me wonder how much bs I have been fed by AA, probably more than I would like to admit.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Can humans evolving from reptilians make sense to anyone?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

Humans evolved from mammals. Mammals evolved from Therapsids. Theraspids and Reptiles both branched off from the first animals with terrestrially adapted eggs (came from amphibians). Theraspids were the dominant type of land animal for a while and dinosaurs evolved during that time. They were little or mid sized ones then, just like mammals were under dinosaurs. Then a mass extinction happened and the Theraspids lost their dominant evolutionary place to the Dinosaurs. Eventually mammals branched from the Theraspids and the remaining Theraspids died off. Birds eventually branched off from dinosaurs and then finallly the dino-killer hit and then Mammals took the place as the dominant land animal and birds became the only living relative of the dinos. I'm guessing that after the next major mass extinction the rodents will take the helm.

Unless you are talking about the alien kind of reptilians. In that case I didn't watch the show and don't know what exactly they are speculating.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

No because because we wouldnt share so much of our DNA (96%) with Chimps. Plus there is no evidence for the existence of Reptilians.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join