It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JJ Abrams Star Trek 2 Script?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I'm hoping Khan is in the 2nd one. It just wouldn't feel right if he wasn't

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

If it's a cheap fan job, then what do you expect. Only a fan would forge a Trek script. My analysis points towards an old-school Trek(nical) fan for several reasons. First, the classic "Star Fleet" rather than "Starfleet" spelling. Second, calling the Botany Bay a Savanna Class DY-100. Savannah Class comes straight out of 30+ year old manuals and blueprints (USS Enterprise Officers Manual, DY-Series Comparison Chart, and at least one set of deck plans). The DY-102 registry comes Straight from the class listing given in these sources. "Space Seed" only gives us DY-100 Class.

Working against this is at least one reference to Away Team I've seen--this is straight TNG Era stuff. Should by Landing Party. Unless That was chucked in as a red herring.

The so-called "Abrams Factor" pointing towards a legit script: His love of Star Wars. Laser cannons, Energy Pikes=Light Sabers. Maybe too much running around and fighting--but what do I know, I'm more into books than modern SF films. And I see "lens flare" written in there several times. Some stupid inside joke? Who writes Lens Flare into an incomplete script, for Gene's sake!

Now the thing is, I just got this copy from a series of weird sources just the other day. WHEN was Khan announced as the villain of this piece?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

ST has been with me all of my life. Thanks Dad. I've gotta say man you are REALLY over thinking this one. Listen to Bill.

edit on 5-5-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I can't help it. I used to be really into the Treknical side of it when I was younger. I was a collector--not plaques and statues but of materials which gave me a better grasp of the Star Trek universe, it's background and inner workings as a potentially realistic future. Then Trek's quality started to drop all around with clone series after clone series; Paramount's publishers began acting like dicks, and Star Trek's fans were not only exploited but were limited in their enjoyment of the genre with words like "Illegal" being applied to fan products, even simple zines. Some jackass then introduced the word "Canon" into Star Trek in the late 80s and ALL HELL broke loose. There is Canon, That is Non-Canon--That is Semi-Canon... God, it mad Fans into total Geeks. No, worse than that, sheep to follow and worship anything "canon" or "official"--and to pee on anything "Non-Canon." A know-it-all punk by the name of Michael Okuda self-appointed himself as The Trek Expert of all-time. Whatever he said--no matter how idiot or how often contradicted by Classic Trek episodes--became true "canon" word-of-Gene official, not-to-be-debated gospel. If there were two contradictory timelines in existence, Okuda would come along and instead of choosing one over another, trashed both and invented His Own. That's how he did things. With the release of the first Trek movie we had an upgraded Enterprise. All the books and blueprints and RPGs and novels at the time called her an Enterprise Class Heavy Cruiser, including those signed off by Roddenberry. A decade later Okuda comes along and calls her Constitution Class Refit Explorer. No Ifs, Ors, or Buts. Anything you've heard before is "Non-Canon" and just plain Wrong... And because he had a Title at Paramount, fans respected this twirp as Gene's Chosen.

At least George Lucas hasn't quite reached that level with Star Wars fans. Everyone seems to get along just swell in that universe.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I read somewhere (Trekmovie.com?) that this script is "the real deal" whatever That means!

Personally I'm hoping for the studio to burn down long before production wraps.

Why would Khan want to rape ("The Black Bitch") Uhura?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Heh, well I said during production of the first that these are not "Star Trek" movies.

Action film, set in space, with the name "Trek" so folks will waste their money on the new franchise. Playchool enterprises do not interest me!

The best way to deal with this schlock, is to not participate. Which I do not!

Engineering should have a warp core, not look like some industrial factory...

Lastly, I don't like ultra-communism-militaristic societies anyway...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Pretty much what I've been saying (except TOS ships don't have warp cores, according to the materials I grew up with--they came about from ST-TMP onwards--in Abrams' universe, Anything is possible in Engineering). The real reason that Engineering looked like a brewery in ST XI was because Abrams & Crew shot it there to get free beer!

Trek's diverged far too much from its original source.

However, assuming this script is real, it's better than the screwing another franchise will be getting within a week or so when Dark Shadows is released. Tim Burton's latest big screen outing is a Comedy version of that old series. I just don't think that Hollywood "gets it" anymore. Perhaps that's ground zero for the dumbing-down of America.

Yeah, a son of the Taliband takes Jim Kirk and does Uhura. Maybe its sequel will feature a clone of Saddam Hussein in the 23rd Century...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
Pretty much what I've been saying (except TOS ships don't have warp cores, according to the materials I grew up with--they came about from ST-TMP onwards

Well I know this, and you know this. But if I act like I know this, well then I am insulted by people telling me to "get a life" and the like...

Trek's diverged far too much from its original source.

Roddenberry...and with the death of Majel, well there is none left worthy to hold the mantle. My personal opinions say Mr. Berman was right for the job. But, and don't kill me, it is just my opinion.

However, assuming this script is real, it's better than the screwing another franchise will be getting within a week or so when Dark Shadows is released. Tim Burton's latest big screen outing is a Comedy version of that old series. I just don't think that Hollywood "gets it" anymore. Perhaps that's ground zero for the dumbing-down of America.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Barnabus would be spinning in his coffin---oh wait he IS! RIP Mr. Frid

Yeah, that one has me sick to my stomach too. My only hope (same with new "Trek") is that it will bring new people to the "good versions".

Yeah, a son of the Taliband takes Jim Kirk and does Uhura. Maybe its sequel will feature a clone of Saddam Hussein in the 23rd Century...

Cause you know how they are intimatly aware with this time period in the various series. (/sarcasm)

I swear...
edit on 5/6/2012 by adigregorio because: Video proof!!!!one111!!

edit on 5/6/2012 by adigregorio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That's why I'm hanging around here, rather than dedicated Star Trek forums on other sites. Today's Trekkers are rather vicious to say the least. Now had I posted this script up where it would be more "appreciated" it would trigger an endless flame war. A few old fans would attack it straight away and condemn it (as they should!). Most fans of J.J. Abrams' movie would say, "Totally Awesome! Can't wait to see it!" Somewhere in-between these two parties, fans would be screaming "Hoax! False script!" and these folks would probably come after Me and claim that I'm some loser with the time to waste fabricated such crap. It's these dorks who'd claim I was being paid to do this for whatever crazy reason by whatever crazy third party. Come to think of it, being a conspiracy site, they'd probably fit right in here!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What I tell the fan(atics) and fans alike.

If you like the movie, then go see it.

As for me, I do not like the premise under which these films are being produced. Has nothing to do with story, effects, crappy writing, etc. I don't like "re-writes" and "over-hauls"

Things like that cost me shows like "Green Acres" and "The Beverly Hillbillies"

The "rural purge" of American television networks (in particular CBS) was a series of cancellations between 1969 and 1972, the majority of which occurred at the end of the 1970-71 television season, of still popular rural-themed shows and shows with demographically-skewed audiences. It is commonly referred to as "the year CBS killed everything with a tree in it," a phrase coined by Pat Buttram, who played Mr. Haney on CBS's Green Acres.

en.wikipedia.org...

All this franchise has become, are "big whigs" thinking they know what I want to see. And to further that ignorance, they ruin things I DO like to see.

All well, thanks to moral pushing everyone thinks their idea should be followed by everyone! After all, if I like "it" everyone else should too!!!!

EDIT2 (To add)
PS: Captain, you should check out STO (Star Trek Online). It has recently gone Free to Play! And since they (the franchise) will no longer be giving us PU (Prime Universe lol) shows, this is how I get my pump....well...primed...

PPS: The game is only good if you REALLY like star trek. Since I REALLY like Star Trek, well I enjoy the game

edit on 5/6/2012 by adigregorio because: Missing words were missing, thanks to milk cartons galore (Gabore?) they were found.

edit on 5/6/2012 by adigregorio because: Final frontiering

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The first 10 Trek movies I all saw in theaters when they premiered. Trek 11 was the only one I didn't bother to see (ironically because I got a copy of the script beforehand online--though closer to a shooting script than this little mess I've posted), and I'd researched Abrams and Orci and all their past experiences and unfamiliarity with Trek. Instead I found an illegal bootleg copy and it nicely confirmed that it was an FX-action flick, and easily the most juvenile Trek film in Trek history. I'll probably follow suit with Trek 12. It's got to be 3D for a reason, not just higher priced tickets.

Interesting. I've never even heard of this rural purge. I'd thought those programs simply died for their own unique reasons. IMO, every failing these days of TV and films rests with Bad Writing. Let's face it, anything imaginable can be conveyed with FX these days and it's used to blind the audience to plot holes, 1D characters, and banal storytelling. FX is the cheap filler to boost substandard films. With the dumbing-down of America, comic books and cartoons are becoming the mainstream focus. It's like the old Spielberg formula of appealing to the average American family so the whole family takes to the theater. Maybe actors will one day be phased out altogether and replaced with CGI caricatures. Acting's obviously not that important anymore. FX are.

Star Trek Online I've heard of but won't play. Not out of principal or anything but because my crappy Internet access is dial-up.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It's got to be 3D for a reason, not just higher priced tickets.

3d? Jeez...

That might as well be the real script now, in my opinion. 3d I hate that crap, I remember when it was Captain EO. The tech has not improved, and I already have to wear glasses...

Gimmicks are for ticket prices, as you pointed out. "Oh my GAWD!!!! IT'S THREE DEEE!!!!"

"What would God need with a third dimension?"
--Jameson Tiberian Kark

I've never even heard of this rural purge.

Ironically, this purge is what brought about Star Trek...

So, take it as an example only. Now they are giving Trek an enema, what's wrong with Fletchers?

every failing these days of TV and films rests with Bad Writing.

While I agree, others MUST not find it bad. Or the writing would not continue. I just chalk it up to me not being "average" with my tastes. It stinks when movies, or TV shows are involved. But what can ya do?

As for acting not being important, unfortunatly it does look that way. OR could it be that effects are so "real" the viewer is in the world with the bad actors. I know the the Chronicles of Narnia stank compared to the books; however, they were spot on with what I saw as Narnia. (Turkish delight was green in my imagination though...)

Now look at the new Trek movie. That first scene, when the ship takes a blast to the saucer. The lady that was walking in the corridor, and was blown out. That was beautiful, I am sorry. Or the scene where they are dropping to the platform, again, they did it proper. My suspension of disbelief was appeased...

All of those things are effect related, and since space and "no sound" was involved even the acting didn't matter! If you can keep the people in the world, they won't care who is there with them. Cause, damn, this is an awesome world! (World="movie world")

All boils down to:

If you want to see it, go see it.

If you don't want to see it, don't see it.

"You're not here to make that descision, you're here to figure out why you made it."
-The Oracle

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think Captain Eo was the Last 3D thingie I saw.... All about throwing things at the audience, more like a passive video game.

Anyways regarding "others must not find it bad" there was an interesting conversation that came up at work some 5 years ago between me and a supervisor (who was in his 20s, maybe age 30 max). Basically it was about movies and he told me the funniest thing I'd ever heard regarding this subject matter. It left me with my mouth just hanging open. He told me that he does not watch black and white movies or black and white TV shows. He told me he Hates Them and "Can't" watch them...

So I really don't know where the future is headed anymore if there're any more like him out there...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I love all mediums of entertainment! (If that is not obvious....)

Even "fake Trek" films. Though I do not spend my hardly earned money on them!

I do hope this "script" is not true.

So much for grocking Spock, now you get to grock schlock!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm hoping this is a fake script myself. I really don't want to see them rehash Khan.

I want to see original material.

That's one of the biggest reasons Star Trek died down was because there really wasn't anything original.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Precisely.

Rehash! And that's only one good word...

Yet you have to study the backgrounds of the writers of this and the previous movie. Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof, and Roberto Orci. Not to mention that wonderful director J.J. Abrams. Abrams himself has said numerous times that he was never a Star Trek fan. Didn't stop him though from doing the 2009 film. Abrams comes from a very well-to-do family with Hollywood ties. His acquiring Star Trek's put him on the gravytrain for life...and it's all about money and not a care in the world about Gene Roddenberry's vision.

Abrams' pals are either in part or jointly responsible for these modern-day masterpieces:
Transformers, Van Helsing, Xena, Jack of All Trades, Lost, Fringe, Cowboys & Aliens, as well as some of those new Mission Impossible movies.

Most of them weren't even Alive when classic Trek first aired. Personally, I wouldn't want Any of these jerks going anywhere Near quality SF, much less a long-established franchise like Star Trek with a major fan following. They tend to cater to the lowest common denominator and/or kids. Lots of explosions, CGI, FX thrown around on the screen, action sequences. Little story. Little character development. They represent the new generation of dumbed-down American cinema.

I have little problem believing that this script outline is genuine after reviewing their credentials. Oh, a few things might be added, maybe a new character thrown in, some more scenes. Ultimately though we'll get poor man's "Space Seed" meets "The Wrath of Khan" with bigger and better FX.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I doubt that this is a leaked script.Before the 2009 movie,i personally must have read at least 10 "leaked scripts" and of course non of them was close to the real one.

The security in the Bad robot productions is so high that every script has the name of the actor that received it in every page.If it's just a script on the net,without an actual picture of the page of the script i call fake.

Rumours say that Spock Prime will return for the second movie and Khan is a wishful thinking of the fans.Cumberbatch who is the main villain of the movie is still remains unnamed and according to this interview he has no idea who Khan is or the Botany Bay.He's either a very good actor or not playing Khan at all.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Security means nothing when it comes to movie scripts. All it takes is some low-tech know how to circumvent it. This one looks like it might've even been hand-copied in a hurry!

I'm trying to put together when such things as "Khan" was "leaked" to the public, because I think I got a hold of this slightly before that happened.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Rumours say that Spock Prime will return for the second movie and Khan is a wishful thinking

Credited cast:

Benedict Cumberbatch ... Khan

Chris Pine ... James T. Kirk

Zoe Saldana ... Nyota Uhura

Internet Movie Database

Leonard Nimoy is not billed as a cast member, and it is no where (it = new Trek) on his page:
Nimoy on IMDb

So it seems 1/2 of your statement is correct. However, it will be Khan conning us out of our money this time. (Well unless one likes the new movie(s) of course!) As for me, I prefer Star Trek to "Action Space Trek 2000!"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Last i checked on IMDB and other sources Cumberbatch was an unnamed villain.
Thanks for the update.

As for Nimoy rumours say that he went to the filming set and in one interview he left a hint that he might return as Spock Prime.

movies.cosmicbooknews.com...

I read in your previous post that you play STO.The game is awesome.For the first time in my life i'm unable to do anything else.I only want to play.I started a couple of months ago and literally:I have no life anymore!!!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join