It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slide Fire, Bump Fire AR-15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I was wondering if any members have any experience with this device?

Its a stock that allows for bump firing, as you can see from the vids it allows for insane rate of fire, Apparently its even legal in Ca.

Its kinda of an investment though because I need an AR-15 to start with so was wondering if anyone has any feed back on this type of device, its already passed ATF approval and its even on amazon.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Damn, ca already got to it...

Guess thats one more reason to move outta Ca.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Looks nice and neat in this advertizing video.

My guess is that it would jam pretty quickly under combat conditions, added a little bit of dust rain and mud.

Just judging by the way it appears to be mounted and constructed, so I might be wrong, but as soon as dirt enters the sliding mechanism you have to take the whole thing apart and clean it I guess.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Looks like a waste of ammo to me. If you want to fire fully automatic, why are you interested in an AR-15? Why would you need to fire automatic anyway?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

For #s and giggles, I think it would be fun to try it out.

Went shooting at a Vegas range that had full auto guns, it was really fun.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I was wondering if any members have any experience with this device?

Its a stock that allows for bump firing, as you can see from the vids it allows for insane rate of fire, Apparently its even legal in Ca.

Its kinda of an investment though because I need an AR-15 to start with so was wondering if anyone has any feed back on this type of device, its already passed ATF approval and its even on amazon.

I have. It takes a few tries, but it's really easy to control the rapid fire with a little practice.

It's no subsitute for a selective fire full auto, but could probably lay pretty effective suppressive fire on a target, or trick an attacker into thinking that you are armed to the teeth with fully automatic weapons and make them second guess your value as a target.

They are pretty expensive, but they are a load of fun. I wouldn't expect to be able to fire it unless you were out in the country, and I'd keep that BATF letter on you when using it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A friend of mine has one on his AR and it's freaking fun!
I could see some handy uses for it so if I had the cash I would go for it.
Also, there's a copycat version of the EO tech sights that costs about half of what you'd pay for the EO. It's called Aimshot or something similar, can't remember atm. But the quality is nearly the same and the sighting system I would use on an AR if that was my rifle.
Too bad I have all mine tied up in AK's which btw there is no bumpfire stock available for.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is a neat device that's been around for a couple of years. It sure is fun to fire auto-like, but it is a waste of ammo. If you're gonna go to the range to waste ammo, then go ahead and use this. If you're going to the range to practice for battle/tactical/defense situations then leave the toy at home.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yeah I saw FPS Russia use this. Pretty bad @$$

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This and the SKS would have to be my two favorite bump firing rifles. No experience with these devices but with practice without them it is not hard to get relatively accurate from the hip and thumb method.

If you're stuck in CA, that's all you've got unfortunately, but you can always store your gear in NV.
edit on 6-5-2012 by AnnunakiJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A lot of folks don't realise that full-auto isn't full auto if you can make controlled burst fire

Very useful to discourage human-wave attacks and the like

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Even if it's legal in California, high capacity mags are not.

Well, they "are" under certain circumstances but not with a bump fire pistol grip they are not.

So basically you'll be shooting 10 rounds really fast, but with a semi auto center fire you can shoot 10 rounds really fast already anyway.

I considered a bump fire stock myself but realized it's use is lost in Cali. And if you lived in a state with better laws (that is, without the crazy police state laws Kalifornia has) you could just buy an actual auto.

Additionally, you don't need this stock to bump fire a semi auto. There are tricks to make any semi auto rifle with a pistol grip bump fire.

Easiest way is to take your trigger finger hand, and loop the thumb in your belt loop, then holding that arm stationary, you push forward (away from your body) on the forward grip or stock. Takes some getting used to but it works the same. Even if you plan to get a bump fire stock this is good practice since you still need to apply forward pressure to make it work, and thus, need to learn to shoot straight using such body mechanics.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Slide Fire, Bump Fire AR-15

This is just a personal opinion based on experience...

I HATE the AR-15/M-16/M-4

The entire design is based on parts gauged too tightly to produce a weapon that survives in a combat situation.

The opposite is the venerable AK-47, that was loosely fitted to survive in all combat environments. (The AK-74 doesn't count because the Russians dove off the cliff to try an emulate the M-16!)

But... over all, I like the (chrome bored) SKS the best as a personal weapon and for all around target shooting. The 7.62x39 ammo is still available and relatively inexpensive.... and the steel rounds can be reloaded with some specialized equipment.

Having served in the US armed forces and relied on the 5.56mm mini carbine, I prefer a better choice

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

the slide fire does have an AK option as well as AR-15.

I know ak's are supposed to be super reliable

join