It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Wants Easier Access To Cell Phone Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hi everybody...I did a search and only found info on cell phone tracking from last year.

www.ijreview.com...

The gist of it is...even though the Obama administration and their followers agree the Patriot Act was a terrible shot to liberty and a loss of our freedoms, they have to decided to move ahead with more intrusions into our personal lives. Hypocrites much?

Jason Weinstein, a deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department’s criminal division under President Obama’s administration, argued at the “State of the Mobile Net” conference sponsored by the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee that cellphone records should be easier to obtain.

So they want to be able to have access to all your cell phone information without a warrant to make finding alleged criminals faster. So who cares if it's against the constitution as long as it expedites the process? You cannot just take away expectation of privacy, no warrant no looky....right?

Weinstein thinks that warrants should not be needed to retrieve data from towers.

OK what does every think?

edit on 4-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear, right?

All in the name of stopping bad things happening to; statistically less people than get hit by buses or lightning.

Where are all the anti electric bolt tin foil hats from the gov for everyone?

Gov is re enslaving everyone and doing it a way that seems like we want it, and its disgusting.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I really don't like the fact that they are monitoring us. It makes me uncomfortable but on the positive side at least someone cares about me.
Do they really have the manpower to read and listen to EVERY phone call or text?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunglower

Well it's not necessarily a matter of having the manpower to comb through every call and text.

They use selective filters to filter out certain communications which contain certain keywords, originate from or are going to certain areas of interest, etc...

The ones that get filtered out by whatever filter they apply are examined further by an actual person.

So, essentially, they could track a single person across multiple communication channels using filters.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunglower

It doesn't matter if they have the power to read YOUR texts or hear YOUR phone calls. What matters is it makes it easier for the government to spy on anyone they deem a threat to their agendas. So, yeah. You might not have to worry if you have no plans to join a protest or start some sort of awareness campaign.

What REALLY matters is that your neighbor might be planning on doing something like that and he/she might be spied on by the gov't for that very reason. Do you think your neighbor would deserve to lose their rights more than you just because you didn't do anything "wrong" and they did?

Please excuse my confrontational tone. I seriously am not attacking you in anyway. Just being passionate about my point.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It just gets more Orwellian each day.....it puts it in your conscious to constantly be watching what you say. They also can use it to see if you were in a location where a crime happened...like using easy pass to see where you drove....much easier to for innocents to wind up in trouble. The whole point of a warrant is to make sure the evidence is there that you might be involved before they can get your records.

They wanted to do this with GPS in cars but it was shot down by the court...so they will keep trying.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
They wanted to do this with GPS in cars but it was shot down by the court...so they will keep trying.

You've hit the nail on the noggin.

They will push as far as they can until they meet resistance, at which point they will probe and poke to determine the best path forward.

We must say no, refuse to cooperate, and begin to push back.

Weeds wither in the scorching light of the sun.
edit on 4-5-2012 by windowpane because: (no reason given)

top topics

join