It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my first gun. JA 22

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

tell me how i could improve on this review.

the gun is fun to shoot and im sure with break in it will be fine

UPDATE: due to the level of crap the original video had i decided to redo it at the advice of some of the members here.

due to being so cought up with the idea of showing off my first gun I forgot all about firearms safety and felt the need to redo the video.

enjoy and tell me what you think
www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-5-2012 by BulletShogun because: update

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

I'm glad you like your gun but PLEASE don't wave it around with your finger on the trigger. Even if it's not loaded. Every time that gun is in your hand it should be treated as a loaded gun. Bad habits are what cause accidents. I'm honestly not trying to be rude, I just want everyone to learn safe habits.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
.22 hitting a target only 4 inch off at 22 meters away?

Dont think so...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Enjoy exercising your 2nd Amendment rights sir. It may only be a .22 but is still a weapon capable of doing decent harm and/or killing another human, so like the last poster said; don't be stupid with it an wave it around.

I still do not have any firearms, but once I get a decent job with sufficient extra $$$, I will definitely be investing in one for personal protection/general exercising of my 2nd Amendment right.

Take good care of it. Like someone else posted in another thread (paraphrasing here): "I would much rather own a firearm and never have to use it, than not own a firearm and need one."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

This was my first gun as well. Fun at first, now it jams ALL the time! Trash. I suggest a .45 caliber Hi-Point. They are cheap(150$) and it feels like your shooting something. I love mine
Congratulations but the grass IS greener in this case.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

He is doing a review, the point is to show the gun

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun
www.youtube.com...

tell me how i could improve on this review.

the gun is fun to shoot and im sure with break in it will be fine

To reiterate what MJZoo said, learn how to handle that weapon safely first. Three simple rules to master first: 1) Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, 2) Never aim the muzzle at anything you do not intend to shoot, and 3) Handle the weapon as if it were loaded At All Times.

If you're serious about firearms and making a substantial review for others to appreciate and enjoy, you have to act responsibly with it first. No one will take you serious if you're waving that thing around with your finger on the trigger. Most accidents with firearms occur because, "I didn't think it was loaded."

I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with it. .22 is a great caliber and firearm to learn on. They make great first firearms. They're cheap as hell and you can shoot all day! Good luck. Have fun!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

thanks for this folks. now whats about info. do i need to put in more info was the info good enough

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
reply to post by MJZoo

He is doing a review, the point is to show the gun

The OP is interested in conducting a review of his firearm. If he wants to be taken seriously in such circles he needs to demonstrate a basic understanding of firearm safety. To be successful in weapon reviews, you can't be seen waving a gun around with your finger on the trigger. Makes you look stupid, quite frankly. Based upon your response, I assume you also lack an understanding of these important principles. The point is to show the gun safely.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

thanks for this folks. now whats about info. do i need to put in more info was the info good enough

I would include a demonstration of how to field strip the pistol. Is it easy to break down? How does it compare to similar pistols? Anything unique to field stripping it? How much oil or lubricant it minimally takes to keep it functiong well. Often, people over-lubricate their firearms. After you put a couple hundred rounds through it I would include anything unique you learned about it. Any accessories that you found interesting or fun? Sights, magazines, etc? I would also include any information about ammo you have tried with it. Ammo it likes? Or ammo that didn't shoot so well with it? Information about holsters is important as well. People can often spend a lot of money trying to find the perfect-fitting holster for a new gun. You might want to tell people how you're carrying and why.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

took your advice redid the review. will be up in a moment

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
also with a 22 use decent ammo. they get dirty very fast. Cheap guns and cheap bullets equals a lot a jamming.
Other than that. 22's are hella fun, and great to learn on. a good investment too. they will repel attackers. can kill most small game, and are great for survival/zombie situations due to the fact you can carry literally thousands of rounds. Plus the magazines are easy to modify to carry 30 or more rounds. just don't let the rangemaster know or see if you live in a crappy gun law state.

Also, please, please keep your finger off the trigger and use good muzzle discipline. (edit- it's a good way to get kicked out of most gun ranges)
edit on 2-5-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

join