It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church brings back indulgences, can you buy your way to heaven w/ the root of all evil?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Originally posted by EricD

He was head of some part of the church when abuses happened. He knew about them. He did nothing about the,.

Ok, I'm going to use small words and be as direct as possible.

Do you have any evidence at all that the Pope has molested any children?

Eric

He protected people that molested children.

I know it's hard for your indoctrinated minds to read what is written rather than read what you want.

It's interesting that you mention how my indoctrinated mind is having difficulty reading what is written rather than what I want to see as the quote that I originally responded to was this:

'I fairly sure he's guilty of playing "sit on my lap or go to hell" with the young kids.'

Clearly what I was responding to was the allegation that the Pope was a child molester, not anything about his allowing pedophiles to avoid punishment or be protected by the system.

You are obviously reading what you'd like into what I wrote and what I responded to and then immediately claim that I'm doing the same. Again, pot, meet kettle.

If you are actually looking for where Catholics look for a 'bridge between Heaven and Earth', the answer is the Jesus.

All the words in the world won't change a thing about the actions that I've seen with my own eyes. Catholics refer to the pope as the bridge between heaven and earth and they idolize him to the point of holy, even referring to him as "holy father". This, about a man that was part of the Nazi Jügend and has in his service to the Catholic sect, protected child molesters. PERIOD.

You still haven't mentioned where you saw this. I think that it's safe to assume that I have had MUCH greater interactions with Catholics than you have and I have NEVER seen the Pope referred to as the bridge between Heaven and earth. That doesn't concern you a bit? That doesn't make you consider that you may be off base a tad?

When you are shown that you are wrong, you say that heavenly and holy are the same and then almost right after complain about people weaseling around words.

So you are saying, that man wearing the robe and holding so much gold it could feed an entire country...is a holy father to you. Well, all the best to you. I've got nothing to say to indoctrinated apologists.

No, that's not what I said. But it's much easier to argue against statements that you would have preferred people to have made than what they actually said.

edit on 2-5-2012 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

I gave proof that the popes nickname is 'holy father' .. not 'heavenly father'.

It's the same!

NOT EVEN CLOSE! I already have proven it. 'Heavenly Father' is what God in Heaven is called. 'Holy Father' is a nickname based on the writings of St. Paul in the bible. I even gave you the exact writings this nickname comes from.

.your instant jump to defensive mode means you KNOW something is wrong.

The ONLY thing wrong here is that you won't admit that you lied and that you continue to hold onto those lies even when confronted with the truth of what Catholics believe.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

doesn't it say "call no man father"?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Not only that, but to name a man your holy father is blasphemous to say the least. Then to be part of an organization that launders money for criminal organizations and sits on more gold than god knows...is one step beyond just blasphemous. Then to be aware of child molestation and not utter a word about it because you want to further your religious career in the Catholic Church...that's a couple of steps beyond anything acceptable, morally.

But you see...it's okay because they call their pope holy father and not heavenly father. Makes sense, right?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Well BEFORE he was pope, there were cover ups in his native Germany while he was a cardinal, It was in the Routers and AP news. When he was a priest however I can't be sure, but he DID protect priest who did the bad touch game. So guilty after the fact?

BUT I WANT to be clear, I in no way am anti-catholic nor anti-christain I only worry about evil people in power.

Many priest DO a great job feeding the hungry and clothing the naked and these are the people I'll defend.... unless they start touching kids

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

Haha, did you see that he put a goose on the scales, not a duck?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

You didn't read the scripture quote about St. Paul and his followers calling each other father/son .. did you? Go back and read the thread. That is what the nickname of 'holy father' is based on.

- The bible says eating shellfish will send you to hell. Do you eat shellfish?
- The bible says that eating pork will send you to hell. Do you eat pork?
- The bible says that 'spilling your seed' (birth control) will send you to hell. Do you use birth control?
- The bible says that you shouldn't decorate Christmas trees or you will go to hell. Do you decorate Christmas trees?

Not only that, but to name a man your holy father is blasphemous to say the least.

That may be YOUR interpretation but it is not the Catholic interpretation. BTW .. wanna' talk about sin? How about the fact that you keep telling lies about the Catholics and when caught you refuse to admit that you have lied? tsk tsk tsk.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Why go back to the Law? We aren't under the Law anymore.

Same.

- The bible says that 'spilling your seed' (birth control) will send you to hell. Do you use birth control?

No it doesn't. That man's sin was an example of impartation.

- The bible says that you shouldn't decorate Christmas trees or you will go to hell. Do you decorate Christmas trees?

No way, Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Holy cow your right it is a goose on the scale

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ahh perhaps thats the issue here.... listening to Paul

I don't believe Hell exists... unless you believe it does... IF God is a loving "Father" he would not condem his children to eternal torment.... ever.

It matters not what goes into the mouth, but what comes out...

The bible also tells us we should kill gays, and disobedient children... and many other completely ridiculous things... This is why i have little to no use for most of said book...

But Jesus said Call NO man Father... Paul has a habbit of doing his own thing apart from anything Jesus taught...

So who is the son of God? Paul or Jesus? Do you partake in Christianity, or Paulianity... or a mix of the two?

And by the way i do decorate my Xmas tree.... wanna see?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkej23
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Holy cow your right it is a goose on the scale

Like I said, MISTRIAL!!!! lol

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul was called by the Lord Himself to take the gospel to the Gentiles. You of all people should love Paul, he's the one who taught the entire law was fulfilled in one word, "love".

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Paul was called by the Lord Himself to take the gospel to the Gentiles. You of all people should love Paul, he's the one who taught the entire law was fulfilled in one word, "love".

Paul and Peter. Peter started it and he accepted Paul. Good enough for Pete, it's good enough for me.

Some people always seem to forget who chose Paul. Yeshua chose him to be the apostle to the Gentiles, blinded him on the road. The others were for the jews primarily. They all pitched in at the Council of Jerusalem when the judaising pharisee believers wanted to convert the gentiles to judaism before they could become christians.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Acts 15 is quickly forgotten. Or not factored into the equation.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not a fan of Paul .. or the Old Testament ... either.
And yes .. I have a great Christmas tree. VERY decorated and pretty.
(and I used to eat shellfish ... mmmmmmm good with butter)

As for what a 'loving' God would do in regards to Hell ... don't get me started.
I'm still trying to figure everything out.
ATS thread - is God a deadbeat dad?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Salvation is a gift that can not be merited or purchased...
...this is just business/corporate greed.

In case Troubleshooter posted this without reading the entire thread (and the excellent points by FortAnthem and FlyersFan), let me point out that indulgences are only beneficial to people that are already going to heaven. The Catholic Church agrees that salvation can't be purchased.

Eric

Nothing has value to those already going to heaven...
...adding anything to the gift of salvation is nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join