It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesmerizing time lapse of Saturn and Jupiter from spacecraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here is a short 'but very beautiful' time lapse video, put together using raw data from Cassini and Voyager. It has only had 52 views since it was posted on youtube, so i thought i would bring it to your attention so you can go give it a thumbs up. So much crap gets posted daily on youtube and is poured over by millions, yet something truely amazing like this goes unnoticed...

Dutch video editor Sander van den Berg looked at Cassini and Voyager images, and saw beyond the raw data into the beauty of motion in them. He created a video that is stunning. Stunning. He calls it, simply, "Outer Space".
Source: blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good eyes catching this.
Very nice.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

That is an incredible video! thank you for sharing

In the shots where the space rock disrupted the ice rings you can see the same pattern that is seen in some images posted on this site earlier this week. In that thread a lot of people claimed it was aliens. I guess this settles it.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Love time lapse
Stunning my mind is agog
Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I really really really want to go there...Nuff said

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
I really really really want to go there...Nuff said
Thanks

Why? You just saw it in the best possible way. If you were actually there, it would be dark and cold and you'd be stuck inside a spaceship either looking out a small window or viewing something on a video screen. And after you'd looked at it for a few months, it would become ordinary and then you'd want to go home.

Just accept this for what it is, and seek out things you haven't seen on Earth yet. That would be way more satisfying.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Sorry for not making my self clear, i meant space, i meant the universe, i meant going somewhere i havn't been before.

I am a sailor, i have been around the world twice, not only by ship but by plane, by train, by foot.

I have not seen every beautiful place on earth, but i have seen a lot.

Now, i wanna go there or anywhere that is not here, because i want to see more, because i am curious, because i want more adventure, because i am getting old, because i might die tomorrow and not see anymore.

Was that better

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

great vid. thanks for posting.

Music fit really well with it also.

Kind of liked that it was black and white. Usually I'm like " we have the tech for color !!!! "

thanks again for posting.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Whats so mezmerizing? Looks to me like a bunch of white lines moving around some spheres with a black background.

All those millions of dollars and cant even get decent color video?
Its not the 50's people.

Oh and whats up with the image at 1:24 with the image having some edges of white on black. NASA sure has lots of time with there grafic artists these days cooking up new footage.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by Blue Shift

Sorry for not making my self clear, i meant space, i meant the universe, i meant going somewhere i havn't been before.

I am a sailor, i have been around the world twice, not only by ship but by plane, by train, by foot.

I have not seen every beautiful place on earth, but i have seen a lot.

Now, i wanna go there or anywhere that is not here, because i want to see more, because i am curious, because i want more adventure, because i am getting old, because i might die tomorrow and not see anymore.

Was that better

Yes my friend to sail the stars would be quite something
Film is one thing - The reality is another
I have watched film of how gob smacked a person is when they fly in the upper atmosphere and see the curvature of the Earth and thin blue line of atmosphere
How standing on the Moon changed astronauts perception of reality into a spiritual experience that words faltered to explain.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Haunting.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I am with you on this. I too have seen as much of this planet as I care to. I was born ready to leave mother earth for distant shores beyond the milky way but unfortunatley we are not allowed to. TPTB would rather keep us prisoners on prison planet terra, chained to corporate economic slavery, so they can get richer than they allready are and we go nowhere

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What, no color??

Joking, that was beautiful. And a fine example of music actually enhancing footage rather than cheapening it

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Wow that was awesome, glad you posted that. My favorite parts were the Jupiter parts, Jupiter looks intense! Imagine doing a fly-by and looking at it for real, I'd love to do that, if only the trip took a couple of hours instead of years, and was relatively safe instead of perilously dangerous, lol.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Amazing... what would I do to only travel once to space... oh man!

But on a side note, why is the footage in black & white only? Are they hiding something? There are a lot of conspiracies regarding the true color of Mars, Moon etc.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"the owner of this video has not made it available for mobile"
That guy sounds like a real jerk... Why would he just Decide not to make it available to mobile phone users?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some of those clips could have been slowed down, but amazing just the same!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Some of those clips could have been slowed down, but amazing just the same!

Slowed down...?
edit on 1-5-2012 by Arsenalwa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
since when are people on ATS supposed to believe anything that comes from NASA

are you new around these parts? NASA IS THE DEBBOL!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arsenalwa

Slower frame rate since he was taking the original raw data and turning that into a time-lapse movie. He could have slowed the rate down on some of the clips (like of the storms on Jupiter and Saturn). But it looked nice the way it was too, it was just my opinion on the editing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join