It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes.

They have handed it out for thousands of years......turn about is fair play.

If they didn't start it, people like Dan Savage wouldn't have to try and finish it.

When Christians can admit they are huge huge part of all our problems then maybe we can all have a civil conversation.....until then.....their bible is still protecting christians who bully.....until the Christians and all other religions stop and demand any one associated with them stop, then yes, they deserve the bullying they are getting.

They can stop the bullying at anytime......all they need to do is stop bullying everyone else and everyone else will stop bullying them.

edit on 30-4-2012 by fbluth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fbluth
reply to post by beezzer

Yes.

They have handed it out for thousands of years......turn about is fair play.

If they didn't start it, people like Dan Savage wouldn't have to try and finish it.

When Christians can admit they are huge huge part of all our problems then maybe we can all have a civil conversation.....until then.....their bible is still protecting christians who bully.....until the Christians and all other religions stop and demand any one associated with them stop, then yes, they deserve the bullying they are getting.

They can stop the bullying at anytime......all they need to do is stop bullying everyone else and everyone else will stop bullying them.

edit on 30-4-2012 by fbluth because: (no reason given)

So it's christians fault that we have bullying and christians should just STFU.

Agenda! I was right!

*winner winner chicken dinner!*

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

Christians use their 'teachings' to try to tell other people how to live. Most of them do it rather obnoxiously but they think they are doing some sky daddys job. They dont see it perpetuating intolerance and hate. This guy doesnt deserve the title of bully imo. People thrust that title upon him because their faith is being attacked.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah the agenda is to get the religious folks to realize they don't get to dictate what goes on in this world.

So, bingo, we all have an agenda.....except our agenda doesn't involve preaching against one group of people many many sundays of the year.

If a bully can't take being bullied then they should stop....you can't go bullying the entire world and then when people start fighting back act like the victim.....but that is also a very christian/religious trait.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is brilliant!

An anti-bullying campaign that is actually anti-christian, funded by the White House!

Oh lordy! The irony!

Lemme guess. The next step is to equate bullying with wealth. So we can have anti-christian, anti-wealth all tied in!

Instead of accentuating the differences, why not focus on the things we all have in common? This anti-bullying campaign is focusing on negativity, differences, isolating one portion of the population against the other.

Oh well, you haters gotta hate!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Once again Obama and gang promoting hate. There are better ways to make an argument. This Savage character is filth and probably retarded too. It's an absolute shame that the President is backing such a person. The funny thing is that people believe that this is an anti-bullying initiative. It's NOT people! This is just another attempt by the president of the USA to polarize America. Disgusting. Shocking to see the World Bank actually fund this crap.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage
Breitbart Story

I agree with both of these points. I also agree that in some regions of this country, the Xtian teenagers are complete *ssholes and are lucky that no one's decided to "do something" about them and the damage they cause to the lives of those who haven't turned their lives over to the cross-hung corpse that they worship.

About the ... "It Gets Better Project"

The It Gets Better Project was created to show young LGBT people the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach – if they can just get through their teen years. The It Gets Better Project wants to remind teenagers in the LGBT community that they are not alone — and it WILL get better.

And, I really agree with the "Justice Scalia is a ***!!!" sentiment. That should be printed on license plates.

In December 2010, Dan Savage did an interview with Newsweek magazine along with “Glee” star Jane Lynch. In that interview, in which Savage spoke for the It Gets Better Project endorsed by President Obama and members of his administration, Savage did double duty. First, he used his favorite four-letter expletive with regard to Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), who opposed the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” Then he had some particularly nasty words for Justice Antonin Scalia.
Savage: Justice Scalia Is A **!!

What are you people going to do with your hatred when Obama gets elected to a 2nd term? Start a holy war?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The video shows Savage discussing where Christians ignore some parts of the bible (parts that concern sin they commit or ignore for themselves) and then get hung up on the sexual parts (where it concens others) - So, if you look back at the video you'll find Mr. Savage is speaking the truth.

i am not a homosexual, nor part of any agenda... But we gotta really start thinking about how we (as in all of us) deal with each other outside of our personal tenets and dogma (and feelings). i would probably be shocked at what some of you good folks do... (really you do that with your thingy, gross)

If i believe in the bible, that is my way. If someone doesn't believe that is their way. What difference does it make to me what they do or don't believe? It's not like the world isn't already a cesspool of inhumanity that someone might polute it with their "homo" ideas or ideals. And it's not like complaining about others is gonna clean it up. Remember they put Socrates to death, and guys like Caligula, Vlad and Pol Pot did horrendous things, and MLK Jr. was assainated... Yet the Sun still shines and the birds will still be singing...
Bullies and Queers will always be around. But Bullies beget violence and intolerence and as humans we can't have that as a way of life.
Queers on the other hand are just queer, and they don't do anything to harm humanity by being queer because unless you knew somehow you wouldn't even know who is queer and who isn't.

The bible is and has been readily availible for anyone (in the Westernized world for thousand+ years) whoever cares to read it or know about it can and has had that option.

2000+ year old arguements is crazy talk... from Socrates to the Marquis de Sade to Lord Byron - from Leviticus to the Westboro Baptist Church to Pat Robertson... Haven't we come to our own personal conclusion on these matters?
Like the supposed war on the Catholic Church, haven't they done more damage to themselves than anyone else could have? Are not the crazy fundamentalists, rapture believers and snake-handlers doing more damage to Christianity than some non-believer?

Okay, who's gonna make the personal change so we can get past these old arguments about what others are doing with their naughty bits? Are we gonna keep on perpetuating what i think is right and what you think is wrong ad infintum? That's not very smart is it? And it's certainly not, "Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you"...

This is a conspiracy site isn't it?... Dan Savage or any pro-homosexual group (or individual) is far from being hidden, or conspiratorial, or for that matter cohesive. The only common interest shared by the "LGTB community" is; Stop Hating and Stop Bullying... Is that such a bad thing? Who is for Hate and Bullying? And Mr. Savage is hardly bullying those who cherry pick quotes from the Bible by bringing up other passages in which most good folks are guilty of sin. He might be throwing some stones but he was just picking them up from those who threw them first, besides he doesn't believe in that stuff anyway.

Ironically, if it weren't for the hate in our current day and age, Dan Savage, Bears, Butch Lesbians, Lipstick lesbians, Leather Punks, Transgender, Furries, Twinks, Bi-sexuals and what/whoever else would never have had the urge to even deal with each other or come into contact with each other (except maybe a the Folsom Street Fair).
It's the opposition of/to fear and hate that made these folks even start to come together and show themselves as "E pluribus unum"... and that's not an agenda or conspiracy, it's merely about human rights and safety (especially when concerning the suffering of children and/or young adults who are made to feel less than human or evil).

The Bible is/has been readily available to most westernized individuals and they can make their own choice and do according to their own individual wills. Love is the fulfilling of the law. Bullying, bearing false witness or gossping is antithetical of the law (isn't it?)

Westboro baptist church or the 700club ain't gonna convert any queers. All we do by not stepping out of our box is to perpetuate it (like this thread is doing here).
No one is gonna say, Hey, i never thought about it that way before, I was wrong, I'm okay with queers.
Just like no one is gonna read this thread and say, Hey wait a minute, I was wrong, I dislike queers.

Either we personally on an individual level get it or we don't... Jesus said to Love each other, even our enemies... i'll condemn Mr. Savage or anyone else once i can keep my own hand out of the cookie jar...

Until then this thread and any other of this type is all just diatribe.... Trolling, or Elephant Talk...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
What are you people going to do with your hatred when Obama gets elected to a 2nd term? Start a holy war?

It's pronounced "Jihad".

And no, because Obama would probably take credit for it, unless it failed, then he'd blame it on Bush.

But seriously, you can't hate away hate. As some wiser poster stated in this thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by RealSpoke

Sorry,my friend.

NO Community Organizer,would say these things. No one,none of those who I believe in,IE; Gandhi,Mandela,Dr. King,would utter words like this.

In 2006, Savage said that Green Party Senate candidate Carl Romanelli, who was running against Democrat Bob Casey (the eventual winner), “should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there’s nothing left but the rope.” Casey was so offended he refused Savage’s campaign donations.

Connected to a pledge like this?

I'll speak up against hate and intolerance whenever I see it

Sorry,but backing ANYTHING this man says,leaves those with ALL the dirt,he has connected to him.
I distance myself,from idiots like this.There are better people,who can deliver ANY message he says,or comes up with.
edit on 30-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

It's sad that modern Americans are stranded in a cult of personality and will never escape it. The effort itself is much too important for it to be vulnerable to the reckless statements of one guy who works within that effort. This is typical of rightwing outrage. They can't be seen as opposing the effort itself, so they find someone within the effort to attack and then demand that the entire effort be abandoned because of their anger at that one person over whatever it is that they did to offend them.

The difference between the Left and the Right on these specific "outrage issues" is that the Left attacks the specific policy and tars proponents for committing the sin of promoting the policy they see as offensive, and the Right attacks one or two people who are involved with promoting the policy that they see as offensive over ancillary offenses so that they don't have to publicly go on record as having a problem with the policy itself. That's because they know how ugly they'll comes across if they're seen as opposed to ending things like poverty, teenage bullying, job and economic discrimination, and a rigged opportunity system. They lie about what's actually upsetting them, and the sad thing is that they and their acolytes are the only ones who think that their outrage over the people they single out as being offensive is genuine and honest. The rest of the world knows better, and has known better for at least 20 years now.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

the title of this thread is misleading.
dan savage doesn't hate christians. he hates how christians follow parts of the bible but not others. in fact in the video i linked here he states that there are great moral truths to be learned in the bible.

the statement is made at 1:35 of the video.

www.youtube.com...

-subfab

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
OMG!~@~ Better not support those evil homosexuals
/sarcasm

I'm sure you, Democrats and Obama would ber just as supportive of someone attacking Muslims and Islam.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by NorEaster

It's pronounced "Jihad".

And no, because Obama would probably take credit for it, unless it failed, then he'd blame it on Bush.

But seriously, you can't hate away hate. As some wiser poster stated in this thread.

I know that there are those who honestly believe that jihad will be your last resort, but there are a lot more folks who started prepping for that potential back during the Bush/Cheney regime than there are those on the right who didn't start until Obama got elected. They've been active for a long time, and never courted news headlines like the Tea Party and other news crew junkies.

You can't seize a nation by force if you only comprise 15-20 percent of the population. You can try, but it'll end badly for you. And it won't be the government shock troops that'll shut you down for good. You can run from them, but when 80% of the nation wants you to just shut the hell up and stop screwing with us, where will you run to? You can't run away from everywhere.

We own Twitter, Facebook, the streets, and every inch of territory between your front door and your church. The community that you treat as if it were shark infested waters surrounding your island home belongs to us. You can try to "take it back" but the truth is that you never cared about it enough to ever even get to understand it. You watch your local news and they tell you the lies that make you isolate yourselves and your families against the only real lifeblood that exists for people no matter what town, city, state or nation they live in. And they do it so that you will become completely dependent on their bosses - the big corporations who sell you life itself - for everything you need to survive being isolated from the rest of the world that surrounds you and scares you to death.

But we don't have that kind of money. We have to open our doors and depend upon each other for survival. That makes us stronger and more resilient than you'll ever be. You people brag about your guns and your patriotism, and we just laugh because we can see you hunkered down inside your houses and praying that we won't come in and take what we want from you.

The truth is that you don't have anything that we want, and you never did. We even feel sorry for you sometimes, but that goes away when you lash out at us over the frightening powerlessness that grips you when tiny things don't go your way. It's then that we have to remember just how chaotic and dangerous you are in your fear and trembling. And we have to face that fact that it may come to a time when this mess will have to be addressed.

It sucks. We just want to live from day to day and find moments of fun and hopefulness wherever they can be found. We aren't focused on the war you people are obsessed with. Still, we can't have you folks hurting us and our friends and neighbors. Taking our potential for hope and survival away from us just because your fear can't be satisfied with the barricades you've built against us over the years. If you could be satisfied with your ramparts and fortifications, we'd be satisfied with them too, but you can't seem to ever be satisfied. And your media's bosses aren't going to ever be satisfied with you achieving satisfaction on that one issue.

It'll come to a head someday. When it does, we'll have seen it coming toward us for quite a while. We'll be ready.
edit on 4/30/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
I must ask:

Do you ever get tired of sowing so much dissension?

The truth hurts. This is the type of reporting that our nation's media should be doing. But, they are not!! Wonder Why?

Savage is disgusting!!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Doesn't that Savage guy have a new show on mtv where he goes around to colleges and talks about sex?
Yeah, watched 5 min of it and realized he is a super-douche. I bet he feels so hip and cool going around talking about sex. He must know it all.... douche.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

There's an agenda present.

The White House is trying its hand a social engineering by approaching the "bully" issue in this manner.

They have created an underclass of people to hate. Lumping straight, christian, conservative people into the same category as bullies is just the start.

Their bias is showing.

They do seem to be creating an underclass of people to hate...
the straight,the christians and the conservatives! Sounds just like pre-WW2 germany.Now,I
wonder how long will it be before 'they' round all of us up and put us in 'work' camps.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

This seems to be a thread less about a guy like him making such statements, as it is a thread attacking gay people and supporting Christian bigotry.

I'll agree, the guy needs to learn to use language more effectively. But this is an overreaction, and you're pasting a lot of quotes in there that seem to be more about creating a religiously-led witch hunt than the discussion you're proposing.

Personally, I think this is nothing more than homophobic Christian right-wing crazies using ANY EXCUSE they can find to bash people with their holy righteousness, but that's nothing too different for the American Christian movement - hypocritical and selective.

Sorry, you've done nothing to convince me of anything. In fact, you've just reinforced my perception that right-wing religious fundamentalists in the USA will use anything they can to attack someone based on their sexuality and beliefs.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

There's an agenda present.

The White House is trying its hand a social engineering by approaching the "bully" issue in this manner.

They have created an underclass of people to hate. Lumping straight, christian, conservative people into the same category as bullies is just the start.

Their bias is showing.

They do seem to be creating an underclass of people to hate...
the straight,the christians and the conservatives! Sounds just like pre-WW2 germany.Now,I
wonder how long will it be before 'they' round all of us up and put us in 'work' camps.

Right, because the Christian Republican movement in America has NEVER attacked gay people. They've never tried to demonize gay people and remove the rights of anyone who doesn't identify as Republican and Christian...

/sarcasm

I'm not gonna get into the whole argument of who is worse, because it's pointless. Just lets not forget that it is the right-wing Republican Christians who ROUTINELY attack gay people, and have done for decades. And you think that one anti-bullying campaign group being supported by the president is a sign of the rise of Nazism?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

This seems to be a thread less about a guy like him making such statements, as it is a thread attacking gay people and supporting Christian bigotry.

I'll agree, the guy needs to learn to use language more effectively. But this is an overreaction, and you're pasting a lot of quotes in there that seem to be more about creating a religiously-led witch hunt than the discussion you're proposing.

Personally, I think this is nothing more than homophobic Christian right-wing crazies using ANY EXCUSE they can find to bash people with their holy righteousness, but that's nothing too different for the American Christian movement - hypocritical and selective.

Sorry, you've done nothing to convince me of anything. In fact, you've just reinforced my perception that right-wing religious fundamentalists in the USA will use anything they can to attack someone based on their sexuality and beliefs.

So this weasel Savage goes on a rant about christians and conservatives yet, it's the christians fault for not just taking his abusive tone.

Hmm.

So if I called someone a dooky-head and they took offense, then it'd be their fault, correct?

I love liberal logic.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Dan Savage is a gay activist who pushes back...
Well shame on him, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join