It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Ways the Media Doesn’t Understand Gun Owners.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm very pro gun, but anti-idiot as someone said above. The only thing that makes me shiver about the gun ownership subject are some of the people who buy guns. Having seen so many unstable, poor decision making folk in my day, it makes me wonder if one should pass a judgment test before being able to lawfully purchase a gun.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I laughed
when they can't even tell the difference between guns.

I bet they would even look dumber if they couldn't tell the difference between a Glock 17 and a M61 Vulcan.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I know gun ownership went up around here when they stopped the spring bear hunt
I think the media doen't understand so much as they portray
it used to be said those who own presses have free speech
really they sell the speech and carryout the agenda thats paid for

so the op is identifying the demonification tactic as perveyed by the press

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

yeah on the internet page it says:
those who bought the glock also bought;
and what follows is a long list of were to buy everclear

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
I'm very pro gun, but anti-idiot as someone said above. The only thing that makes me shiver about the gun ownership subject are some of the people who buy guns. Having seen so many unstable, poor decision making folk in my day, it makes me wonder if one should pass a judgment test before being able to lawfully purchase a gun.

Then who makes the judgement? At that point, you have no longer a right, but a privilege. Go against the grain, lose that priv.

Pretty simple, really. We lose the 2nd amendment, we lose the We the People check and balance on the other branches.

"When in the course"...you guys know the rest?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I consider myself a liberal thinker and I don't agree with alot of things from the so-called right but when it comes to this post and gun ownership in general, I have to agree. The media does tend to skew the information to make guns seem more dangerous than they really are and they tend to forget that the founding fathers put gun ownership in the bill of rights for a reason. Every person should have the right to defend themselves, their family and property but unfortunately legislation prevents that in most liberal states and that is mainly due to the media fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Of course the media is going to be against firearms. They are pro - government while the people are pro - gun ownership. Lay the blame to the people that use them...if you aim at someone your aiming to kill.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Well... gun owners could MAKE the media understand them.

Understand?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was pretty ok with gun ownership until I moved to northern PA, and got a taste of the um.. "responsible" gun owners there. Many own guns for legitimate reasons. Many own guns because they think "it's cool." Many own guns because they like to have 18 of them ready to shoot up all the hapless animals that might wander across their property.

Lumping all gun owners together as irresponsible OR responsible is ridiculous. There should be more checks and balances. Wonderful... it's a right. But I think anything that has the ability to kill another human being because of irresponsible ownership, poor training, etc. should be regulated and monitored in some capacity. Too bad so many see this as a black and white situation, because it's not.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It can't be regulated and it can't be monitored because the regulators and monitors are the people you need to keep in check!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Guns are purchased with the intent to shoot.

Whether in murderous aggression, or "self defense", every gun is purchased with the intent to shoot. Therefore, those who wish to own guns wish to use guns. Make them illegal.

Now I've heard everything. Are you seriously saying you want to make self defense illegal? Or are you saying killign an attacker in self defense is okay just as long as it's not with a gun, in which case, what the heck difference does it make if a woman kills an attacker trying to rape her with a knife OR a gun?

This is what disgusts me about the gun banners- their agenda has absolutely nothing to do with public safety. Their agenda is to get rid of those evil guns and they don't give a flip who gets killed. In Connecticut there was a whole family that was slaughtered by two drug addicts- the father was beaten by a baseball bat, the mother was raped and strangled by her own pantyhose, and the two daughters were tied to their beds and burned alive when the attackers set the house on fire to cover their crime up. If these animals used a gun you'd never hear the gun control nuts stop bringing it up, but because this family suffered a gun free death they'll simply shrug and move onto the comics section as they reach for another donut while reading the morning paper.

It's self serving and sickening.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

99.9% of legal gun owners are law-abiding citizens. It's the people with mental issues and/or drug or alcohol problems that cause problems. That's not counting the pile of idiots that join gangs.
edit on 30-4-2012 by tangonine because: spelling are not gud

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Whether in murderous aggression, or "self defense", every gun is purchased with the intent to shoot. Therefore, those who wish to own guns wish to use guns. Make them illegal.

You are incorrect. Weapons are purchased with the intent to protect and defend. Making private ownership of firearms illegal invites tyranny. As you would have it: the only people that get guns are the ones that are placing you face-down in your kitchen.

6,000+ recorded years of human history hasn't actually dawned on you yet, has it?
edit on 30-4-2012 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My family have owned guns for over 200 years! Guess what? We've never shot ANYONE!

Twice in my life I've leveled a gun at a human being. Once it was a handgun and once it was a rifle. Neither time did I have to pull the trigger. Had I not had those guns I in all likelihood would not be here today. I was trained in the use of handguns, shot guns and rifles 44 years ago and have never had to actually fire one off to defend myself. That doesn't mean I couldn't. Just means the promise that I could prevented it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
By a lot of the logic in this room we should also ban kitchen knives.

Responsibility is in the user, not the tool.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh, I think the media understands perfectly, which is why they attack. Media is corporation and government controlled; they don't want people to have guns or any other weapon, really. It #s with their ability to control us. They know that an armed, trained American, thinking critically, with the constitution as his/her guide, is their worst nightmare. Were an actual revolution to occur, peoples of the world would rally to
Our side. They know that fully awake and armed Americans are the most dangerous humans on the planet. I just hope more of us wake up soon. Time is running out.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Star and flag to the OP. God created men. Samuel Colt made them equal.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What is wrong with shooting guns? If you do not practice, you might hit somebody.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i have many different views on the hole GUN -Crisis. 2 of them is a Pro and Con. Lets start with the Con:

I think the problem with a "All Guns are free to owned Policy" and "Easy way to get a Gun License" without there are conducted a test / or some sort of inspection every quarter of a year or even every year. unannounced.

And there shall be given fingerprints to a data base that is not connceted too any kind of FBI etc. and also registrer what kind of model the gun has. then when the police comes after a ( any kind of ) crime, they tell it was a magnum and the guy looked like ******* and so on.

then the ( private / State owners of the business ) personale go to the database and filles the info onto. and then

there maybe be a match or next time. No Innocent would be taken by the police. and off cause they will come too court .

because if YOU have not committed anything illegal. what would / or could be the problem then.

Now fore Pro:.

hmm. what do i have too tell other, then "i maybe believe into WW3/NWO/2012/PBB/OU/ so on. " but if there would come Alien from Space. and nobody on earth had any gun left ( all private citizen )

i can recommend this Episode of Familie Guy ( where they Bans guns and worst case happens after
) :

Sorry. Off to Bed now. WORK :S /
. maybe someone knows what Familie Guys Episode i am talking about.

Stewie gets too be a octopus in it.
a little Clue., Purple i think. nn

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There will always be a threat to:

1) take away your guns
2) take away a woman's right to choose.

But they will never take either away..If they do...the 2 party system may collapse.

No way do they want that to happen.

Peace

I guess I might add..if the 2 party system does collapse for other reasons..then we will likely lose both rights : O
edit on 30-4-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join