It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Billion People Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Since 7 billion people are all going to die some day within 100 years, did you ever think of just where all those 7 billion dead bodies will be placed on the earth?

There isn't enough land left for any more graveyards, is it?

edit on 29-4-2012 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Cremations exist for that reason, when you can't afford a box you get to go directly to ashes, do not pass Go do not collect $200.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Here's another thought too, the population of the earth doubles every 18 years or so...14 billion bodies in the next, say, two generations? Maybe the ocean will become the next place to lay people to rest...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Yes I think that would make more sense than my idea but some people don't want to be cremated. Unless our wonderful government steps in and forces it on us...which I'm sure could happen

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Slingshot dead bodies to float in the vast darkness of space

There should be more than enough room out there

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
reply to post by WarJohn

Here's another thought too, the population of the earth doubles every 18 years or so...14 billion bodies in the next, say, two generations? Maybe the ocean will become the next place to lay people to rest...

expected to increase to 80 million per year by 2040.[8] Current projections show a continued increase in population (but a steady decline in the population growth rate), with the global population expected to reach between 7.5 and 10.5 billion by 2050
Source

I dont think population is the problem, I think its how we sustain our life styles that is the problem.
edit on 29-4-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Since 7 billion people are all going to die some day within 100 years, did you ever think of just where all those 7 billion dead bodies will be placed on the earth?

There isn't enough land left for any more graveyards, is it?

edit on 29-4-2012 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)
Most people (here in America) end up cremated. I don't think man will be around much longer to care. We will end up killing ourselves and the planet here in the near future. It's inevitable...
edit on 29-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I don't think land is a problem.
Take Texas for instance. There is miles and miles of empty land. The majority of the state is empty land.
I don't think you could fill it up with every dead body in the U.S.
I do believe that one day, a long time from now cemeteries will be a problem.
However, The Earth filters our bodies out though...
Think about it, people have been burying the dead for thousands of years.
edit on 29-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Purification by fire.
Or turned into a gem
www.lifegem.com...

There are also cultures in parts of the world, that lay the corpses out for the animals to eat.

The idea of burial has creeped me out, ever since seeing on tv during a flood ( it might have been Katrina), coffins floating down the streets

That's not resting in peace.

Or when graveyards get robbed, or corpses get moved to put in condos or housing developments.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Originally posted by WarJohn

........did you ever think of just where all those 7 billion dead bodies will be placed on the earth?

I don't know about all 7 billion of em, but I do know where one of them is going.

I plan on looking similar to this↓.
I won't take up much space.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Humans are bio-degradable.

top topics

join