It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if aliens *are* demons, they still deserve our compassion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I had someone link me a video not long ago, in response to my last question to Christians on this topic.

I couldn't believe how utterly saturated with fear said video was. As I noted then, if there is one consistent characteristic of Christian interaction with people that I've noticed on ATS, it is the continual appeal to fear. FEAR, FEAR, FEAR. It's constant. It's like you're continually trying to pump the rest of us as full of it, as you apparently are.

Said constant appeal to fear, and the degree of condemnation which I received because of my own resistance to it, was the reason why I ultimately walked away from Christianity.

I will simply say this. Even if, hypothetically speaking, extraterrestrials are disguised demons, I do not think we should hate them. I do not think we should fear them. If we view ourselves as being honestly spiritually different from them, then how are we proving that, by extending the same emotions to them, which they themselves harbour and wallow in?

I am going to feel and project love towards the Greys, the Pleiadians, and whatever other ET group may or may not hypothetically exist, and may or may not be demonic in origin. I am going to continue to believe that these beings have the capacity to behave positively, whether or not they do customarily, or have in the past; to exactly the same degree that we have said capacity. The Greys potentially being demonic doesn't mean that they need or deserve our love less; it would actually mean that they need it much, much more.

I still feel, at times, an enormous degree of guilt and fear where you are concerned, Christians. I don't feel that in relation to Jesus Christ, either. I feel that in response to the amount of condemnation and vitriol that I have had from you. It's a lot easier for a person to get forgiveness and compassion from Jesus himself, than it is to get it from many of you.

The only form of relief that I've ever found from that, is to try and extend whatever minimal amount (and before anyone else points it out, yes, I know it is minimal, owing to my temper) of compassion to other lifeforms that I can. That is the only thing that allows me to believe that, even if you're right, and I am going to Hell, then at least I will have done something positive in the relatively short time that I've been alive.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Why would you show love to something you have never met?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Do you consider hating or fearing something you have never met, to be a more logical response to them?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
absurd to point a finger at a religious society and lash out all while claiming to love something that is supposed to consume your soul.

Kudos? Maybe?... not

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Do you consider hating or fearing something you have never met, to be a more logical response to them?

No. I consider being neutral to it as the most logical attitude.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well, I was making the hypothetical assumption that we know a little more about them than what would normally warrant neutrality, in terms of Christians claiming that they are demons.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ET to me means corporal, even if on a different frequency or channel, with the capacity of being in some kind of avatar or body, experiencing often family, etc. If its an out of body experience, Spirit/Soul then that is a person, a being, an entity but not ET to me, yet still consciousness, intellect, life.

All intellects, souls, spirits, beings, in body or out, in all polarities, should be loved, and we should have compassion for eveyrone, or we really are missing the entire purpose of the schools.

The entire reason for being here.

Which is to grow up. To become our Higher Selves, to become the Family.

From a Higher Perspective its children who are the ones not sharing, those harming, or ignoring others, this is childish and immature, for growing up means caretaking children and being capable of giving your talents to serve your community, so a win/win, taking good self care and good care of others, having joy and giving joy.

The prodigal sons need to come home. They are missed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well, I was making the hypothetical assumption that we know a little more about them than what would normally warrant neutrality, in terms of Christians claiming that they are demons.

Does it matter what we might know about them? To be neutral is to see the truth.

To approach things with love is foolish. To approach things with fear is petty and weak.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Youve been posting some good stuff lately petrus, keep up the good work.

I work with a lad who's a evangelical christian, and he is one hundred percent convinced that aliens are demons. I dont understand this thinking. In a universe with the potential for infinate different species, i cant understand why he labels them demons.

lets throw something out here, for his sake and hes a nice lad, I like him, maybe there are genuine et,s and maybe there are demons dressed up as et's. Could happen...

Jeez , christianity has really put the colly wobbles into people.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
ET to me means corporal, even if on a different frequency or channel, with the capacity of being in some kind of avatar or body, experiencing often family, etc. If its an out of body experience, Spirit/Soul then that is a person, a being, an entity but not ET to me, yet still consciousness, intellect, life.

All intellects, souls, spirits, beings, in body or out, in all polarities, should be loved, and we should have compassion for eveyrone, or we really are missing the entire purpose of the schools.

The entire reason for being here.

Which is to grow up. To become our Higher Selves, to become the Family.

From a Higher Perspective its children who are the ones not sharing, those harming, or ignoring others, this is childish and immature, for growing up means caretaking children and being capable of giving your talents to serve your community, so a win/win, taking good self care and good care of others, having joy and giving joy.

The prodigal sons need to come home. They are missed.

What is all this about loving all beings? What has it done to be loved?

link   
Neutrality, sitting on the fence?

Without Love, and Understanding and being able to work on behalf of others, without the Expansion of Consciousness, which includes, understanding, imagining everyones plight, paying attention, seeing more, feeling more, tasting more, loving more, caring more, if possible, doing more, we don't grow our soul orb bigger and inherit the expansion of consciousness/progression, the Expanded Higher Realms of Light Frequency and Ultra Violet Frequency.

It is said if you could stand in a sun ray, with higher consciousness, you could see everything......

I would choose more than neutrality, its always more, ever striving, in progression, from golf ball sized (well there is smaller but that is often considered human size) to infniite super stars of consciousness soul orbs.

All that size differentiation is comprized of true consciousness and awareness, which means an exraordinary expansion in LOVE and Compassion.

If you're not growing, you can easily slide into regression and smaller light consciousness.

But its certainly not the push ahead.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Youve been posting some good stuff lately petrus, keep up the good work.

Thanks, TDW.

I work with a lad who's a evangelical christian, and he is one hundred percent convinced that aliens are demons. I dont understand this thinking. In a universe with the potential for infinate different species, i cant understand why he labels them demons.

I think it's because Christians feel that literally everything has to be categorised as part of their belief system somewhere or other; and given how dualistic said belief system is, if they can't immediately classify something as good, then they more or less have to classify it as evil, from their own perspective.

lets throw something out here, for his sake and hes a nice lad, I like him, maybe there are genuine et,s and maybe there are demons dressed up as et's. Could happen...

Jeez , christianity has really put the colly wobbles into people.

Well, to be fair to them, I definitely think there are negative ETs, and even as you say, demons masquerading as ETs. Doesn't mean all ETs are necessarily demons, though.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that there are no ETs

... at least no ETs visiting us.

Yes, there's other life in the universe, possibly Billions of civilizations, but, because the universe is so big, no, no ETs are visiting any other ETs.

Thus, it is in my opinion, a waste of time to love, or hate, or fear something that to all extents and purposes prolly aint necessarily so.

You, of course, are entitled to feel what you want, as we all are.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

We can either choose love or fear as our motive when interacting with humans, dogs, spiders, or a race from another planet!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceManMan

Fear is natural for spiders. Leave that out of the equation. But, compassion for them is still possible, and my son takes them out at my request, and I had a little miracle regarding one years ago. It was in full flush, there was no stopping it at that point, but time slowed or froze or something and I cried out internally No Help, and it stopped, and though the sight of a picture of one will have me climbing chairs our counter tops until removed, (its only a little better than that now), I managed to scoop it up and let it dry out on the top closet shelf so my ex wouldn't kill it, as it was too cold to put outside. But there is not need to overcome every fear in the universe, some things aren't good for people.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Neutrality, sitting on the fence?

Without Love, and Understanding and being able to work on behalf of others, without the Expansion of Consciousness, which includes, understanding, imagining everyones plight, paying attention, seeing more, feeling more, tasting more, loving more, caring more, if possible, doing more, we don't grow our soul orb bigger and inherit the expansion of consciousness/progression, the Expanded Higher Realms of Light Frequency and Ultra Violet Frequency.

It is said if you could stand in a sun ray, with higher consciousness, you could see everything......

I would choose more than neutrality, its always more, ever striving, in progression, from golf ball sized (well there is smaller but that is often considered human size) to infniite super stars of consciousness soul orbs.

All that size differentiation is comprized of true consciousness and awareness, which means an exraordinary expansion in LOVE and Compassion.

If you're not growing, you can easily slide into regression and smaller light consciousness.

But its certainly not the push ahead.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Absolute hate/fear creates destruction Absolute love creates impurity.
Neutrality keeps you alive, glorious and pure.

Absolutes are a waste of time and frankly oh so childish.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
absurd to point a finger at a religious society and lash out all while claiming to love something that is supposed to consume your soul.

Kudos? Maybe?... not

Exactly, where is the logic hey? Talking about consuming your soul, assuming these abductions are real, these "aliens" the OP wants us to give compassion for brings an incredible amount of torment to the abductees, while giving them a message that is always satanic to the core.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I'm of the opinion that there are no ETs

... at least no ETs visiting us.

Yes, there's other life in the universe, possibly Billions of civilizations, but, because the universe is so big, no, no ETs are visiting any other ETs.

Thus, it is in my opinion, a waste of time to love, or hate, or fear something that to all extents and purposes prolly aint necessarily so.

You, of course, are entitled to feel what you want, as we all are.

You have a fair point, sometimes i think, why would they want to come, then i think, if we have something they want, they could annilate us in a jiffty, if theyre capable of intersteller transport, then they can surely knock us out, however, the vast amount of abduction stories, do make me think, why would therse people make it up, knowing they are going to be ridiculed. I dont know, im continually puzzled.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I suggest getting in touch with your soul and deprogramming, because your soul orb either grows or shrinks, pass the grade or go backwards, realms filled with more love/awareness/freedom, or realms with more control and pain.

What inherits those realms is soul frequency. Soul size is also in direct proportion to consciousness, and its comprised of Love/Awareness/Understanding.

The analogy of child and grown up is the best one.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceManMan
reply to post by Jepic

We can either choose love or fear as our motive when interacting with humans, dogs, spiders, or a race from another planet!

Not what I think. It is said all children are born without fear. But fear is indoctrinated into them from very little through the parents. It's the same with love.

But I do agree the majority have only those two options from which to choose. But it doesn't have to be this way if we conquer our fears and control our love. Otherwise, you will face things from a biased perspective.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join