It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Finland (and some ufo-story to share)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hello,

familiar story; long time lurker, decided to join.

I've always wanted to tell my side of the story about UFO incident that is familiar to me. Happened in Pori, Finland '69.

It's one of the most known ufo-story in Finland, press was all over is and still is. My Grandfather worked in finnish airforce that time, and the pilot who tried to catch the ufos with Fouga Magister was a dear friend of my grandfather. My father also saw those "lightballs".

The story got resurrected on this ongoing week, because there was a new sighting made just some days ago in Pori. Even the mainstream press made a 2 page wide story about it.

I can post picture about the newspaper if someone wants to see it.

Regards

Edit:

This is the picture of the newspaper today.

edit on 27-4-2012 by vappunaamari because: adding pic

edit on 27-4-2012 by vappunaamari because: topic

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can then start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas as we'd love to hear more on this subject you originally posted.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

edit on 4/27/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
C'mon post the picture, please
Why not put it in when you posted ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vappunaamari

Hello unspelllable friend
Yes for sure post a picture if you got it....and maybe go into a little more depth on the first sighting too.....
What exactly happened?
How did the chase end?
What did the pilot say about it all....?
Please do elucidate!
Thanks .....s

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Welcome vappunaamari to this strange little corner of the internet.

I want to see the picture.

Glad you joined sounds like an interesting story.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hello! Welcome here! You aware that this is the introduction forum, right? Maybe you could talk about the UFO by making a new UFO forum thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yeah swan is right the mods will want you to wait.

Looking forward to reading more about this.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hello!

Well, i don't have a picture about the ufo incident in '69. But i got first hand eyewitness testimonials (my fathers, his sisters and my grandfathers)

I don't have much time at the hand right now, but i will tell everything i know about the stories. I have seen something weird myself too when i was a child, but i know, it's just a "story"

For some quick facts about the incident in '69, there was 7 "fireballs" in the sky, floating around randomly. Then they launched the aircrafts to see what they are etc, and then the fireballs went to formation and started to go towards north.

The Fouga Magisters (2) was trying to get closer to the fireballs with full speed, but then those ufos accelerated and left. According to pilot, the feeling was like they were left standing in the air although those aircrafts was going about 700 km per hour. Just seconds after this, those fireballs showed themselves in Vaasa Air Radar, about 220 km upnorth.

By the way, those fireballs were afterwards rubbed off as a weather balloons

This is an excerpt from FUFORA /Finnish UFO Research Association

Seven "air balloons" in Pori 1969 In Pori, a city in southwest Finland, there is an air field used by both civilian and military airplanes. 12.4.1969 there was a training camp of the Air Force of Finland. About 20 pilots were observing, how 7 yellow balls appeared in the sky. They were hovering about 2000 meters above the airfield. They were also seen by radar. Nowbody knew what those strange objects were. Pilot Tarmo Tukeva was in the air training bombing attacks. He was ordered to go to check out those strange balls. When Tukeva was approaching the balls with his jet Fouga Magister, they started to move out as a formation. They sped away so fast towards the North that the jet had no chance to reach them. It was measured that there was wind blowing 185 km/h, and those objects were flying against it. Very soon the balloons were seen on the radar at the airfield of Vaasa. No normal explanation was found. Two pilots who saw the strange balloons in the Pori airfield were Jouko Kuronen and Tarmo Tukeva. Jouko Kuronen, later the head of Lappeenranta airport, has talked about the case many times afterwards in public. Tarmo Tukeva described the UFOs that he was catching by jet in the international TV program "Visitors from the Skies" (Juhan af Grann 1992), prized later with an EBE Oscar a the Las Vegas UFO Film Festival. Tukeva died of a heart attack two weeks after telling about the UFO case. This UFO case is the only one accepted officially by the Finnish Air Force. Tietomaa, the Science Center of Oulu, organized a UFO exhibition and International UFO seminar (with foreign lecturers: Friedman from Canada, Azaza and Popovich from Russia, Volke from Estonia) in co-operation with FUFORA in 1993. The organizers sent a letter concerning the Pori UFO case to the Finnish Air Force. They answered by sending back an official letter (signed by the Information Chief of the Air Force), where they informed that those 7 strange balls seen during the training period of the Air Force were never explained in any normal ways. FUFORA has tried to co-operate with the Finnish Army, but only in some few cases and with certain persons has it succeeded. Representatives of the Air Force have told our investigators that the Air Force has many UFO cases, but because the strange objects flying in the airspace of Finland represent overwhelming technology, it has been better no to talk about the subject in public. Rauno Meriö, the former head of the Finnish Air Force, has been very interested in UFOs (translated Bowen´s book "Humanoids"), but has never given comments on UFOs in public. In the 1970`s we had secret negotiations with Finnish generals to start co-operation in UFO investigation. FUFORA was ready to infrom the army about UFO cases, but when the army didn´t promise to give their information, the negotiations ended.

I'm sorry about my english and that my posting is so terrible, this was harder than i thought. I'm trying to get my writing skills better all the time, so please bear with me.

Regards
edit on 27-4-2012 by vappunaamari because: edit

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Ok,

Sorry, i just had to get this newspaper-ufo-thingy from my chest.

Maybe i'll make a new "in-depth" thread about this when i get my postcount up.

Anyways, thanks to ATS, this really is a lovely, weird place!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It is. While you are here, perhaps you could tell us more about you? What topics you are interested/specialized in?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Thanks for asking.

In "real life" i do some photographing, i got lots of northern light pictures that i want to share with ATS. Also fishing and outdoor sports are close with my heart.

I'm a sort of DIY-guy, i love to hack, fix and break stuff. And i love my bike. Maybe i'll post a pic about it too.

And teh interwebz... Oh my god, i just LOVE information. I'm kind of information junky, altho aren't we all in ATS?

I'm keen on knowing stuff, i have some weird experiences from my youth, i guess i will write about them when the time is ripe.

I'm really into metaphysics and stuff, i love to explore thoughts. Funny that i started out with the ufo-stuff, as i'm really not much into it. I do believe in extra-terrestial life but i have some mixed feeling about those "things".

Information is a funny thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Are you a clone of me?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome vappunaamari

Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

new topics

top topics

join