It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Decieved Into Beliving Rich Pay Their Fair Share Of Income Tax

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How we know that we are not functioning as a Republic, is because in this day and age in the U.S., a minority, the rich, are screwing over the majority, everyone else. Why should the middle class in the U.S, be expected to continue to bailout the filthy rich?

Anyone who see differently is either blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other, or just a big fat liar.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Go back and read the Op again, the rich are about 400 families that make most of the money, far more than anyone else, up in the $100 Mil range. That is what the Op is all about if you bothered to read it.

Stop with the knee jerk reaction and engage your brain. You are smarter than this.

The OP claims those 400 families owe us about $34B. That is not true. The OP admitted he made an error but failed to correct it even though he said he would recrunch numbers and repost. He did not. That is what the OP is all about, whether you're smart enough to understand that or not. Will you continue to defend that lie?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The Op admitted to a mistake, but what that mistake has not been clarified.

Doesn't change the facts that I presented that prove that the super rich do not pay their fair share of taxes.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Its analogous to the Empire...you can join them or die.
There is no more fighting the man. If you can't beat them you might as well join them because this is only going to get worse, not better.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The Op admitted to a mistake, but what that mistake has not been clarified.

Why are you posting in a thread that you either haven't read or don't understand? The mistake was clear and admitted. In chronological order:

From the OP

Because the median salary of these 400 families is over $87,000,000 (some being much, much, much higher) meaning that in order to pay what the US has decided their "fair share" is, they would pay $34,800,000. Instead, they paid $400,000.

schuyler said

It is not true that there is a cap. If you make more money, you pay more taxes

I told the OP

There's nothing in your links about a $400,000 cap.

The OP's next post

reposting... sec.

That post ^ ^ originally read

Threshold means cap.

Which is why I said

That's what you're basing this on??????? That $343,927 is minimum AGI to be in top 1%, not how much tax was paid. Are you serious??????

And DarthMuerte said

Threshold does not mean cap. They are opposites. A threshold is usually a minimum value while a cap is a maximum value.

The OP responded

You are correct, and I will recrunch my numbers.

Had the OP corrected his numbers and reposted, he would have discovered there's nothing left of his premise.
I then pointed out most of his errors and probably would have been done with this thread but you had to jump in with this ill-advised comment

He made a few minor errors, but overall, the numbers are fairly close, considering how little information is available.

The errors were not minor. The numbers for his claim of $34B owed for 2007 are not fairly close, they are patently false. Now can you address that without your sideshows?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am beginning to think mental illness is becoming viral in this country. I AM TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT WHAT'S FAIR!

LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN FAIR SINCE MAN FIRST WALKED UPRIGHT YOU ASSHATS!

And now I read of this French candidate Hollande, that wants to tax millionaires at 75%? You know what I would do? I would take my money out of my investments and burn it before I paid that much. I mean, why even bother trying to make a go of it when you know almost everything you make is going to be taken from you?

# that. I'll just do what everyone else does and go on the public dole. Why bother going out and trying to build a corporation when I can sit on my ass and make the same amount of money?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Someone should create an app so a person could cross refrence which products are part of the big ten and avoid them.

If such an app has been created what is it called and how can you get it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Go back and read the Op again, the rich are about 400 families that make most of the money, far more than anyone else, up in the $100 Mil range. That is what the Op is all about if you bothered to read it.

Stop with the knee jerk reaction and engage your brain. You are smarter than this.

The reason it's a few select families is primarily because there is no free market anymore. We're regulated to death and the person with the most money lobbies to get past those regulations producing monopoly controlled industries. It's not capitalism that's the problem nor is it the "rich" paying their fare share in income taxes. The problem lies when businesses can bribe the government to control markets so the select few can prosper all while preventing any opportunity for the average joe through their regulation controls.
edit on 29-4-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join