It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Rights Protester Agrees To Be Tortured

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

It is pretty cruel, so yea I think this is a good non-violent way to protest the issue. I hope they provide some products that do not involve animal testing too.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Agreed, and I am sure there is some literature there available about the practice and some alternatives.

Thanks for the comment,
spec

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Yea our web of life has some pretty darn bad rotting and toxic facets, mutating and getting in the water supply. I think this protest will make waves and I bet we see similar ones in the future.

Thanks for the reply and compassion,
spec

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Perhaps. Maybe they can all get on a plane together, and fly to Antarctica and play with the penguins.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Could make a good reality show, and maybe they should be brave and go with no makeup on. Then show how there are natural alternatives to mainstream cosmetics, as in non-animal testing products, or just no makeup at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There are many makeups, even hair dyes now, that are not tested on animals, cruelty free. Our family uses them. Revelon stopped testing years ago. Your health food store carries some of them, now even the mainstream stores carry a variety.

Some things you still need to get online, if you want more than revelon, ie. something maybe better for the skin.

Look for the no animal cruelty label.

There needs to be more awareness that people have more options however. I was asking for certain kinds of makeup and she said there wasn't a big enough market to bring it in. Making online purchases necessary too.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
While I consider it brave of her, this isn't something I wish she had done. Especially a couple of comments that made my skin crawl, as if a woman in that position was sexy. NOT!

She really shouldn't have put that in her consciousness, rather helped from the outside, by writing, making a newsletter and maybe even videos, or holding local movie night, for citizens.

I think local councils are needed in every area with movie nights, to really educate every community about more than the news, more than the corporate agendas, that we can organize, we can envision, we can make our goals come true.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks for the tips, and I appreciate your perspective Unity, as I do so often. I actually think what she did is not only brave, but essential in bringing the most awareness to the issue. Extreme issues sometimes require extreme protesting(non-violent of course), and I bet that little gig made a lot of people think about their shopping choices.
An accelerated approach to spreading awareness maybe.

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I do agree - I saw a vid where animal right activists took a video screen in a largish van with side doors.
They played this to the passing public.
It showed animal abuse and the public was generally shocked some wept

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join