It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Rights Protester Agrees To Be Tortured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

A YOUNG woman agreed to be tortured in full public view to try and end animal testing.

Jacqueline Traide, 24, was dragged, tied prodded, force fed and subjected to all manner of cruelty in front of hundreds of shoppers, Mail Online reports.

Man, talk about extreme, but effective no doubt. Personally I am down with some of the animal activist's ploys, but this one seems okay to me, in it's delivery of the message about animal testing for products. I don't think everyone is aware of what goes on to bring their favorite products to market.

Jaqueline endured ten hours of injections, being smothered in different lotions, having her hair shaved and irritants being squirted into her eyes as part of a world-wide campaign by Lush and The Humane Society International.

The stunt took place in a Lush store window on London's Regent Street, one of the UK's busiest shopping precincts.

Poor girl, wow! Now that's 'walking the walk' eh? This looks surreal, but heavy in it's message.

Passers-by were stunned by the display, with many stopping to take photos and record the gruesome spectacle with their phones.

The Humane Society says animals are routinely tested in this manner for make-up and perfumes.

So what do you guys think? Too much? Just enough? Again, imo this is a good form of protest and I hope that it may serve to reduce the development of products that are so chemical laden, for the animals and us.
www.heraldsun.com.au...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They should put experimentation videos in times square, that would make gather enough public outrage to make it stop or contribute to stopping it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
She looks so hot in all of those defenseless situations.
Is it getting hot in here?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Extreme gets people's attention and forces them outside their comfort zone which is what is needed when discussing animal testing. The first person to mention the medical wonders bestowed on the human race because of said testing should be next in that cage.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Major respect for her. Maybe this will finally wake some of the braindead.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Maybe we'll hear about her in the Darwin Awards in a few years. Fingers crossed, eh? I just hope this woman hasn't bred yet...and never does.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

crazy byotch. I'd love to stick a heretic's fork under her neck to make her see what real torture is. torture is not a voluntary thing. torture is an useless tool of faceless megacorporations and sinister governments. more often than not, it involves things that are not meant for public view. this is bollocks. I think she just has a fetish for this kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Maximum respect for her

Animals have no choice but to endure this treatment all their lives, day in and day out, no relief, no respite, no consent, no escape.

And then they die

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Good for her!!!! I hope everyone walking by felt uncomfortable. Was there a sign or something explaining why she was letting them do that? Maybe I missed it.
Good for me for not wearing make-up!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Good for her!!! Even if this is only the tip of the iceberg, at least they try to bring forth awareness. That's more than most people do.
I just read an article that says the horse meat that is now legal to consume thanks to dog eating Obama, is toxic due to all the toxins they ingest because they are not regulated at all like the rest of the food supply. Would serve people right for consuming a majestic creature that has served and enabled mankind to survive and thrive. Makes me sick!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Do you meant stop the practice of testing on animals, or stop such protests as this?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

I think that is part of the intent and effect, and I must say, it does draw some attention and yea, it does seem hot and helliish.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Agreed friend, and the benefit is not only reducing animal testing/torture via awareness, but hopefully influencing the consumer to consider not only what goes on to bring these products to market, but also some potential harmful chemicals used that over time and with repeated application may not be good for us either.

spec

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1lluminatus

I am sure it will bring in new awareness, with the people that go home and talk about it as well as with the media exposure.

thanks for the reply

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Maybe we'll hear about her in the Darwin Awards in a few years. Fingers crossed, eh? I just hope this woman hasn't bred yet...and never does.

Well that's one way to look at it I suppose, I think it is a brave move myself, but I have seen the vids of squealing, drooling and crying rabbits that receive damage that is permanent, and imo we should be more human than that. These products are for cosmetics, a luxury more than necessity, especially when considering better alternatives.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

I think that is part of the intent and effect, and I must say, it does draw some attention and yea, it does seem hot and helliish.

I am fairly sure he meant this as a bondage sex thing

Cran

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yup, the choices for the consumer are there. Dr Haushcka cosmetics, as an example, are not tested on animals. My ex used to use them occasionally. They are perfectly safe, it's just power-crazed governments that forced animal testing on consumer products whether justified or not.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

These products are for cosmetics, a luxury more than necessity, especially when considering better alternatives.

Have you had a close look at Nancy Pelosi? I'd say it's a necessity.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

These products are for cosmetics, a luxury more than necessity, especially when considering better alternatives.

Have you had a close look at Nancy Pelosi? I'd say it's a necessity.

We are talking cosmetics here not face transplants

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Maybe Bachman can loan her some of her face goods, or Palin probably has some good moose cream or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join