It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowstorms in April

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I searched but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Looks like the Northeast is in for some major snowfall one week before May!?

Mild March gives way to April snow storms in the Northeast

Snowfall amounts of 6 to 14 inches are forecast for the Allegheny Mountains of western Pennsylvania and near Lake Erie, the National Weather Service said. Snow advisories also are posted for West Virginia, western New York and extreme northeastern Ohio.

To me, this is completely insane.... on one hand its totally unsettling, on the other hand I'm hoping it keeps moving East, its going to just miss me (all the good snowstorms usually do).

The highest recorded snowfall for Pittsburgh on this date was half an inch in 1956. Up to 5 inches of snow are forecast for Monday, the weather service said.

haha best reader comment from the article, "I think they need to reboot HAARP"

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
2 FEET OF SNOW??

s&f

this is just CRAZY!

SEVERE Snowstorm...

April 22, 2012 -- NEW YORK -- Low pressure will intensify as it moves up the Eastern Seaboard from North Carolina later Sunday into the interior Northeast Monday. In concert with this surface low, a powerful dip in the jet stream and just enough cold air near the surface will team up to produce heavy, wet snow. The areas of concern are western New York, western Pennsylvania, extreme eastern Ohio, parts of northern West Virginia and extreme western Maryland. The timing of the changeover to snow is shown by the model forecast loop below (denoted by white shadings). Snowfall rates may exceed 1" per hour Sunday night into early Monday, accompanied by thunder and lightning! How much snow? Below is our storm total snowfall forecast. No, you're not seeing things. It may be late April, but we're expecting significant accumulations in both Buffalo and Pittsburgh, and at least a foot of snow in the Allegheny Plateau and Appalachians! This would be a noteworthy storm enough, but there's another factor that will likely make this spring snow destructive! Thanks to the intensifying low, strong winds will develop in these same areas late Sunday night, persisting through much of Monday, before slackening off Tuesday. These winds will combine with heavy snow to reduce visibilities, leading to hazardous driving conditions late Sunday night into Monday from western New York to northern West Virginia.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I know right! I worry about a lot of things going on in the world, but at least some of them have (maybe not the best but) possible resolutions.....

There's no way to stop it from snowing. At least not proven

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
S&F! That is some weird weather going on.Something is up for sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Every time there is a snowstorm this late in the year people have to post how it is crazy and never happens...

Happens more often then you think.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Weather.com also saying "DESTRUCTIVE" snowstorm... and prepare for millions without power, not just any old late snowstorm, seems!

www.weather.com...

look at New York - how can this be days before MAY?!

Crazzzzzzzzzzzzy!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Pennsylvania has just now gotten a foot of snow already

they're saying approx 8 million people affected, heavy wet snow

power lines down,

it can bring down trees...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well, looking at www.haarpstatus.com... this doesn't surprise me in the least. They have been experimenting with it a lot in the last year

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I agree with your observations. Here in AU it is supposed to be Autumn but the orange tree next door has fruit in full swing... and there is not one tree anywhere starting to drop its leaves.

fruit trees do not bear fruit in Autumn...the tree looks like the fruit will be ready in about a month. maybe I am wrong but I looked at it for a while and was like... wow...that is odd.

?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Very true. I am a May baby. I remember having either a pool party when I was a kid or a sledding party. But then again I was in Ontario at the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah this is not really anything new. We got about 4 inches in Wv last night and this morning. It doesnt happen that often in April and may but its at least every couple of years.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here in NH, we're always ready for that snowstorm in April. We are happy when it doesn't come, but we have grown to expect at least one good storm in April.

Nothing really new... IMO.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is nothing but a late Nor'Easter....LOL!
We get late wet snowstorms all the time, they are called ''onion snows'' by gardeners. The only oddity is this time more than gardeners care! ROFLMAO

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
well all the sources I'm reading say that the last time they got a late Nor'easter this late was in 1928 (they skipped the 1956 one cause it was only a duster, not a real storm)

so while it may seem normal to some people, I'm not buying it

Its like the snow we had here in October - in my entire life we never had snow in October. I barely get snow during the usual snow months....

What I do know is that I'm much further east so its missing me, and I'm FREEZING today - barely got above 45F here - which really annoys me cause 2 days ago I was thinking about putting the A/C in. We do have flood watches in effect though so its all rain ATM

I hopped on to say Pittsburgh was over 6 inches and some places hit 12 but BiggerPicture beat me to it

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
the weather in wales have been weird this year last month was like summer ,kids were out in shorts and t shirts and now its been hailstones and freezing .and for one of the wettest country going we are going though a drought WORK THAT OUT

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
Every time there is a snowstorm this late in the year people have to post how it is crazy and never happens...

Happens more often then you think.

Ohh yeah!!

Explain to me why it was 86 F fricken degrees here in the North Country of New York then LAST WEEK!!!

I Know Because I felt it !! Ive see it !! I live in Northern New York !

(((( READ IT !!! ))))
Yes, it was hot in St. Lawrence County Monday -- a record-breaking 86 degrees
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 6:27 am
northcountrynow.com...

and this a week later!!!

Winter returns with a vengeance in U.S. Northeast
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 7:20 PM EDT, Mon April 23, 2012
www.cnn.com...

Yeah it Makes Perfect sense !!!

It DOES NOT!!!! happen not like this here in Upstate NY!!!

was there a snowfall blizzard like this, this late in April ?
Yes from what ive been told back in the 70s

and a snow fall a couple years ago
My Area !!!!! video's below and yes I know these Guys

APRIL 27 2010 SNOWSTORM IN NORTHERN NEW YORK!

April 23rd Upstate New York Snow Storm
a freak snowstorm hits upstate new york on April 23, 2012. filmed at 3:30 am

but Not 86 degrees F a week before!!

School was Cancelled where Im at because of the Snow

There has be pretty freaky hot and cold spots here that this County isn't used too... Lately

add this to the Calamity 2012 Report !!

CALAMITY UPON THE EARTH THREE MONTHS IN 2012
www.youtube.com...

Snow in April Upstate Ny is it April fools day

hmm interesting

THE SUN TODAY: 21 APRIL 2012 - STRANGE OBJECT OBSCURES THE SUN

edit on 24-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join