It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''A mind over matter universe'' as described in 'the secret history of the world'' by jonotha

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
hi all i am creating this thread in order to set up a discussion regarding a ''mind over matter universe''

i first came across this theory in a book titled ''the secret history'' authored by jonothan black this book is filled with alternative theories on major events throughout history and is riddled with wild claims

The Secret History of the World by Jonathan Black describes a complete history of the world, from the beginning of time to the present day, based on the beliefs and writings of the secret societies. From the esoteric account of the evolution of the species to the occult roots of science, from the secrets of the Flood to the esoteric motives behind American foreign policy, here is a narrative history that shows the basic facts of human existence on this planet can be viewed from a very different angle. Everything in this history is upside down, inside out and the other way around. At the heart of The Secret History of the World is the belief that we can reach an altered state of consciousness in which we can see things about the way the world works that are hidden from us in our everyday, commonsensical consciousness. This history shows that by using secret techniques, people such as Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton and George Washington have worked themselves into this altered state - and been able to access supernatural levels of intelligence. There have been many books on the subject, but, extraordinarily, no one has really listened to what the secret societies themselves say. The author has been helped in his researches by his friendship with a man who is an initiate of more than one secret society, and in one case an initiate of the highest level.

in the book the author states that prehistoric humans existed in a mind over matter universe and they believed they were connected to the ''cosmic mind'' somehow as opposed to the state we exist in (matter over mind) this is why our minds are closed to the true nature of the universe

have any of you read this book? what is your opinion?

i apologise if i have placed this incorrectly it is my first attempt.....

thanks
edit on 22-4-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have always put my mind over matter, nothing outside me matters. I try my hardest to let outside sources effect me as little as possible. If something terrible happens you chose to be stressed, the incident doesn't stress you.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have not read this book in question but from your excerpt and opinion, I do agree that back then we practiced (perhaps by choice) Mind Over Matter. You see, back then "prehistoric humans" had nothing to worry about to disstract them from what they really had, it was all about survival and family. Nowadays, well, we are using a keyboard to portrait our thoughts!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

so do you think perhaps it is possible to train oneself to change our perceptions and revert to a ''mind over matter'' state? if so how would that effect us?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
I have always put my mind over matter, nothing outside me matters. I try my hardest to let outside sources effect me as little as possible. If something terrible happens you chose to be stressed, the incident doesn't stress you.

A crazed psychopath walks up behind you and shoves a knitting needle into your neck.

You chose to be stressed.

Got it lol

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

that's not quite what i meant. what you describe is a personal behaviour trait one might find in a petulant teenager,what i mean is if you live your life closed off so nothing can hurt you then you can never experience anything truly wonderfull.just my opinion thanks for your input

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The use of thought itself is mind over matter -
Thinks to type in words by pressing keys on keyboard through manipulation of fingers - Mind or thought over matter

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

OP, i dont have anything to add to the thread at the moment cos im of to bed, but can i congratulate you HUGELY on reading this book. I bought it a while back and have been unable to read more than a couple of chapters because its so huge and has so many imformation. Go to the front of the class and have a s and f.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

so telekinesis? surely that would just be the tip of the iceberg if we had complete control over our minds. quite literally no boundaries. when i think of the possibilities i automatically think of a hive mind concept would that increase the perception of our collective minds?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I've been reading this book off and on and haven't had time to finish it but I do think that certainly thought effects the material world and if that's the case then perhaps there was a time in our history where we were less material and more thought as beings. With that in mind we would be more connected with whatever cosmic mind put us together I would think if nothing else as a way of maintaining our existence. Of course this book and psychedelics have also led me to believe that we are merely extensions of a cosmic mind looking back and reflecting on itself. If that's the case then we really are the same in some ways as we are all extensions of the same conscious entity which has split itself up into our individual bodies so that it may accomplish and experience more as a body of separate entities as opposed to one. The book also mentions how we sort of evolved from some sort of plant like life and while there is little evidence of this scientifically there is a lot of evidence that is easily viewed through observation. Our lungs are sort of like trees inside our body, our veins like roots, our stomachs are similar to those found in certain kinds of mushrooms. Our bodies are both plant and animal in origin if you were to ask me; although aside from this book I have no real evidence to support this.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

i admit it is a chore to read at first the sheer wealth of information is hard to retain but i stuck with it and have now read it several times. i find once you get hooked sleep seems less important

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
reply to post by artistpoet

so telekinesis? surely that would just be the tip of the iceberg if we had complete control over our minds. quite literally no boundaries. when i think of the possibilities i automatically think of a hive mind concept would that increase the perception of our collective minds?

Thought itself is our link to our higher intelligence is what I believe
Thought can be repetitive patterns of behavior or attitude for example or can be inspirational.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

We would be less individual and more connected, since we would be less material we would have fewer material needs. We wouldn't need food or water necessarily. It would be sort of like having a dream with every person in the world at the same time I think.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

yes i agree. my only real issue with the book is the lack of evidence to support any of the claims as much as i want to believe all of the amazing things that are apparently being covered up i cannot in good conscience take it on faith so i am afraid for me it is a great work of fiction that intrigues my imagination until the evidence shows me otherwise

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by Ph03n1x

We would be less individual and more connected, since we would be less material we would have fewer material needs. We wouldn't need food or water necessarily. It would be sort of like having a dream with every person in the world at the same time I think.

I believe we would be more individual yet would recognize that we are essentially connected.
Would you say people are more individual now or more a herd mentality.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

yes i agree. my only real issue with the book is the lack of evidence to support any of the claims as much as i want to believe all of the amazing things that are apparently being covered up i cannot in good conscience take it on faith so i am afraid for me it is a great work of fiction that intrigues my imagination until the evidence shows me otherwise

Perhaps we are meant to find evidence for ourselves through our thoughts and where they take us rather than accept any one else's version of reality - We each individually experience and each has their own unique perspective which adds to the whole - I believe
edit on 22-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I believe we would be more individual yet would recognize that we are essentially connected.
Would you say people are more individual now or more a herd mentality.

i would say that people are mentally closed off and physically connected with others right now. most people to me are materialistic and don't really connect with those around them on a mental level of any consequence

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Perhaps we are meant to find evidence for ourselves through our thoughts and where they take us rather than accept any one else's version of reality - We each individually experience and each has their own unique perspective which adds to the whole - I believe
edit on 22-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

i believe there is an element of truth to what you say. of course we have to open our minds to the possibility before we can truly understand but i have a problem with taking things on faith i like to review all angles and make an informed opinion rather than go on gut instinct,

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I tend to agree with your comments - We as a whole fail to see the underlying connection to one another which is soul or spiritual or what ever word you choose - And yes because we live as though we believe we are merely the body we inhabit we pamper it with materialistic rubbish often -Yes we can have all the wealth in the world and still something is missing.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Yes I believe skepticism is a healthy thing rather than take things on faith.
Until we know for ourselves then best to say we do not know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join