It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data on downed US drone decrypted: IRGC Cmdr.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Data on downed US drone decrypted: IRGC Cmdr.

www.presstv.ir

A senior Iranian commander says Iran has successfully decoded all the records on the downed US RQ-170 Sentinel reconnaissance drone.

Iran has easily cracked the codes on the data of the drone’s operations and tasks recorded on the aircraft’s memory, said Navy Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Just having a look at some of the comments of people who suggested that the data was "unrecoverable", had a security system in place to destroy the data, was a trojan horse, contained malware etc. etc.

It was known that the drone was used in the Osama raid, but also about the repairs in 2010.

“numerous codes, but we obtained all the information on its memory, including protocols, repairs and flight sorties; for instance, the data of a flight after repairs in 2010 or the [drone’s] deployment in the operation against [slain al-Qaeda leader Osama] bin Laden in Pakistan,” IRNA quoted the commander as saying on Sunday.

www.presstv.ir
edit on 22/4/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by corporation

Just having a look at some of the comments of people who suggested that the data was "unrecoverable", had a security system in place to destroy the data, was a trojan horse, contained malware etc. etc.

It was known that the drone was used in the Osama raid, but also about the repairs in 2010.

“numerous codes, but we obtained all the information on its memory, including protocols, repairs and flight sorties; for instance, the data of a flight after repairs in 2010 or the [drone’s] deployment in the operation against [slain al-Qaeda leader Osama] bin Laden in Pakistan,” IRNA quoted the commander as saying on Sunday.

www.presstv.ir
edit on 22/4/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

Interesting--and odd--that they would go along with the fiction of the bin Laden raid. Wonder what their angle is?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Call me a skeptic but I'll believe it when they show some tapes on International TV that can't reasonably have been faked or come from other sources. This should have captured things like U.S. Bases and guys right here at ATS would know most if not all of the base areas they would likely have gotten footage of from above.

It wouldn't be hard to know if the footage was legit, is what I'm saying....and Iran has plenty of state backed sites for news release. I have several bookmarked myself.

So.... If they want to be believed for doing this and have us believe the U.S. wouldn't even use basic 128 bit type encryption of the sensitive data, I'm afraid it'll take just a hair more than their word and good name saying it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Doesnt matter what "intel" the Iranian Intelligence Agency obtains.....

They are TOAST compared to US Army.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

thier angle is to give credibility to thier cause by impressing the sheeple who really do think Osama was taken out in the raid

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Overconfidence is the worst mentality to have when going up against any enemy. And the statement is just not true. If you think Iran is a pushover like Iraq, you are wrong. Any "war" with Iran will be a prolonged conflict, as we will not simply overrun them like we did to Hussein's army, who were poorly trained individually, as units, and with the equipment they should have been familiar with. This is not the case with Iran.

A conflict with Iran is a worst case scenario. The country is surrounded by mountains, which makes an invasion much more difficult. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. About the drone...I am not sure what information is stored on one of these aircraft, but as Wrabbit mentioned, it probably would have video of various locations. But my big question is how long does that data stay on the drone's harddrive? Wouldn't they wipe it after downloading or transferring the data from the last mission? This seems like a policy that should have been implemented from the start, but if not, I bet you it is policy now.

And we shouldn't believe everything Iran says either. They very well may be lying, as they do have reason to...Such as to appear stronger or more adept than they really are technically speaking. But I don't doubt that they have individuals with the technical know-how to create a system for cracking/decoding the information storage medium's encryption. I am betting that US intelligence will just have to assume that they have defeated the encryption, and make the necessary positional, strategic, personnel, etc. adjustments based on what intelligence was on board the aircraft.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Maybe thats just it....they're playing their hand....bluff. They didn't de- code anything but wanted to scare us to make it look like they had great intell.....(?)

I believe Iran takes the position of 911 truth. They know it didn't happen as re-ported. So I highly doubt they believe bin is fish food.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I think they probably have the footage of the drone going over the compound, but still doesn't mean they believe Bin Laden was inside.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

no he really is correct, Iran would be toast if U.S ever attacked

the U.S navy and air force can reduce Iran to nothing within a very short span of time without ever sending in the army or using nukes

unless Iran has a dirty bomb ready to be detonated in central new york, Iran's military deterrence power is close to 0

edit on 22-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Yeah we got all the info including the wikileaks link in the drone. All the US data that ever happened EVER and then all the data that was linked to them from all the other countries.......Yeah we got it all....

DUH

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Yep i agree, Iran will be The (end) Of American Superpower Tantrums, it will be a proxy war against communist china and the russians, I'm sure you won't mind getting your conscription papers in the post when it happens though.

STUXNET reinvigorated the iranian IT push, they have become adept in an area of technology they were pretty good at anyway.
Remember these are not your typical backwards arab state technologically, they have support and you can bet your life the russians and chinese had engineers working on the drone, or as advisors, alongside the Iranians.
The information it contained and the sensor array is of interest to anyone who views Amerika as a potential future theatre problem.
It does not matter what colour the lipstick is on the pig, it is still a pig, amerika is fascist in all but the honesty to admit it, and is viewed as a potential rival by many many countries, unless the next generation of weaponry makes it into combat, a conventional war will be limited by the appearance of chemical and biological, then nuclear responses are assured when the evidence emerges that Iran has attacked the homeland with bios.

Such "Proofs" are as easy to conjur up as the attacks themselves, There is no sensible outcome to War with iran, it is cut and dried, the trigger for a much wider conflict is assured.
Those that require political desires slaked are hoping for just such an event as it will service more than one desired outcome.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

i aggree.we can destroy iran easily.they are impotent.

i mean send a 1000 M1 ABRAMS TANKS AND THEY WILL RUNfor the hills.

iran is just a desert and the people are cowards which is why they use TERRORIST bombs against us.

i vote we invade iran RIGHT NOW.

WE MUST SHOW them we will prevail.

we must invade iran and seize the oil and reduce them to beggers and nomads with scimitars in robes on camels.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

no he really is correct, Iran would be toast if U.S ever attacked

the U.S navy and air force can reduce Iran to nothing within a very short span of time without ever sending in the army or using nukes

unless Iran has a dirty bomb ready to be detonated in central new york, Iran's military deterrence power is close to 0

You should do your homework, there are much more frightening weapons than nuclear, the Iranians made use of the scientific brain drain after the dissolution of communist russia, Iran employed the largest number of ex russian bio-weapons engineers and created a very large research and development structure on their backs, this has allowed Iran to punch very much beyond their weight in the event of full scale war being declared against them.
Nuclear weapons cost millions to kill thousands/millions of people, bio-weapons cost pennies in comparison for possibly much better results.

They have openly stated that they have sleeper cells in countries all over the world and if they are attacked those cells will begin to release bio-weapon agents in malls, cinemas, theme parks, airports, railway stations, anywhere their are masses of civilians, your government is stupid enough to tether you all to the war cart and make you pull it to the cemetary.
But then again it isn't YOUR government, the government is full of dual national trojan horses that by means of their religion, are want to sacrifice goyim because they believe it is necessary as part of their religious beliefs, which in turn fulfill the aim of leaving them as the only and last standing power on the planet.
you are a bunch of tools and you do not see how dull and blunted you are.

Even after iranian boasts making it into public domain that they could capture drones via command and control hijacks, your government did not do enough to ensure the safety of such weapons, and you think these same people are capable of defending against iranian boasts of bio-logical attacks on your OWN soil if attacked?.
Bio-weapons are easy to conceal and can be used by the least skilled of people, a single glass vial thrown in front of you downwind and walk away.

Maybe this is exactly what they want, especially as it appears ahmidimejadd is some sort of co-opted crypto jew.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Don't be a fool, Iran will fold as fast as Iraq did and there will be CNN crews on the ground by day three showing young Iranians enjoying thier new gotten freedom

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

That kind of belief is what scares me and literally causes me to lose sleep at times. One day..maybe not this war, but maybe it will be....we're going to get our butts stomped. It's not going to be just one nation doing it because the whole PLANET has learned that without 3-4 nations at once, it's a losing proposition.

I just hope Iran isn't the bait for the American politicians to stumble into the trap after. I'd REALLY like this lesson to come in about 30 years...I'll be off to the happy blogosphere in the sky and all those left can see World War III. It'll keep the underside of my cloud warm.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

They have openly stated that they have sleeper cells in countries all over the world and if they are attacked those cells will begin to release bio-weapon agents in malls, cinemas, theme parks, airports, railway stations, anywhere their are masses of civilians, your government is stupid enough to tether you all to the war cart and make you pull it to the cemetary.

Interesting reply, you really want to get across the fact that Iran has been planning terror attacks on the United States, don't you?. None the less, Iran will not have the chance to pull of any kind of unconventional attack once the united states unleashes operation Shock and Awe 2.0 and Iran military order collapses

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
reply to post by QQXXw

i aggree.we can destroy iran easily.they are impotent.

i mean send a 1000 M1 ABRAMS TANKS AND THEY WILL RUNfor the hills.

iran is just a desert and the people are cowards which is why they use TERRORIST bombs against us.

i vote we invade iran RIGHT NOW.

WE MUST SHOW them we will prevail.

we must invade iran and seize the oil and reduce them to beggers and nomads with scimitars in robes on camels.

People like you thank god are becoming/are an???, anachronism, Unthinking and Mindless, is all i can see in your want to see your ass parked safely on a sofa while you watch a 1000 m1 abrams tanks on TV chasing camel jockeys in robes into the hills.
Because you would watch it, if they braodcasted such a thing, im sure you wouldn't miss it for the world.

What have they done?, other than be the point of focus for a backwards american government to point the finger at while screaming "NOOOKULAR WEAPONS", attempting to get popular american opinion behind them for another illegal war, popular opinion in a morass of unthinking pillocks can be made to bury still living children under the weight of want.

May you live in interesting times.
edit on 22-4-2012 by The X because: solidifying the anchronism in the weight of a question mark.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

They have openly stated that they have sleeper cells in countries all over the world and if they are attacked those cells will begin to release bio-weapon agents in malls, cinemas, theme parks, airports, railway stations, anywhere their are masses of civilians, y

Interesting reply, you really want to get across the fact that Iran has been planning terror attacks on the United States, don't you?. None the less, Iran will not have the chance to pull of any kind of unconventional attack once the united states unleashes operation Shock and Awe 2.0 and Iran military order collapses

No im telling you they have prepared a defence in depth, and a war against iran will not necessarilly stay within their country as you have had the fortune of seeing with other wars in the region.
These guys are prepped, they have been getting ready for the last 50years for a war with the great satan, this is how you are viewed, do not be surprised if you wake up one day and find a disease running rampant, killing 85-95% of those infected, and hastening such things as bill and melinda gates, agenda 21, rockefella institutes, gorgia guidestones, idea of removing 95% of the worlds population.

Your not very bright, you cannot think beyond the one thing under your nose, in interesting times this will be a curse.

This is my last reply in this topic, it is moving beyond the scope of the thread, and i apologise for that OP. maybe ill go and make another thread and you can engage the facts with your rationale and critical thinking skills.
edit on 22-4-2012 by The X because: spelling.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
There is no running away from the fact that you openly flaunted Iran as having laid plans to attack and murder U.S civilians.

Discussion always brings out the truth, doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join