It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all these souls come from? So is God creating more all the time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
I myself am an agnostic-atheist, but I found this a year or two ago, and it really made me think. Its not the end all be all, but it is a surprisingly intuitive explanation, and addresses the underlying point behind your questions.

www.galactanet.com...

That was a very interesting read

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

Exactly what i meant back there... Thanks

Back there? Explain please.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Ahhh....a Man who listed to George Carlin...who's answer for this question was...Somebody's Printing Up More Souls! And they kind of loose their value....LOL!

I am not religious but as I have said a few times...I was once an Atheist....Super Skeptic! I still am a skeptic but I am now an Agnostic. This happened because I was exposed to certain Realities by two methods.

1. On several occasions...I saw and heard a few things that I could not deny. And believe me...being a Super Skeptic...it was one Hell of a Cold Bucket of Water over my Head! I went through every possibility but these events were so Sensory Specific...that there is no way to disprove them. If fact...disproving them is an impossibility. It took me some time to come to terms with that.

2. I was by JOB...directly exposed to information...written, visual and first hand...that changed my perspective even more so on Reality.

To let you get an idea of my credentials...I am a well educated and Trained Professional who is responsible for the welfare of many people in both their Jobs and their and others security. Both of my parents are the same and my Dad is Military and my Mom is "CIVILIAN" if you understand the quotes.

The one basic thing that I got out of this awakening is that things are much more than they seem and Humans are just part of a small piece of the Universe and that Universe is part of a greater construct known as the Multiverse. I could go into the Math and Physics that help prove this but I think that would be too much.

Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Great thought to ponder, and a great post. I personally dont think your trying to discredit religion, or God, or souls. I think its great to question and learn. Doesn't matter what you believe, question things. Learn things, thats all we really have.

So, ignore those that have nothing but negative comments, and nothing to aAdd to the topic. Great question. And to the other poster that posted the link to "The Egg" link, thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

hmm, let's see, so you're a military chaplain?

am i right?

maybe the NSA pope?

does the NSA have pope?

no?

I'VE GOT IT!

You're a TSA agent!
= Unquestionable authority responsible for the welfare of millions of civilians, and privy to information & understanding that the rest of us simply cannot comprehend.

I'm right, huh?

Edit to add:

OP, you do pose a very thought provoking question IMO.
While I don't have the answer, my curiosity is peaked and I may look into it a bit further and share my findings if you're interested.
edit on 22-4-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Is this really all u got to discredit religion, God, spirituality, enlightenment? Your gonna have to do better than that. U believe in "souls" but than try and discredit other beliefs? Fail.

No I could go on for hours, this is just one question non of you religious people can answer-one of thousands of questions. Why didn't any of you guys answer my question: Why didn't any philosopher or anyone in Rome write about Jesus?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
Great thought to ponder, and a great post. I personally dont think your trying to discredit religion, or God, or souls. I think its great to question and learn. Doesn't matter what you believe, question things. Learn things, thats all we really have.

So, ignore those that have nothing but negative comments, and nothing to aAdd to the topic. Great question. And to the other poster that posted the link to "The Egg" link, thanks for that.

I don't let them bother me anymore, I used to when I first started here on ATS. Now I realize most of these people who discredit without questioning for themselves have missed out on a great idea, just as they always will. My brother is just like that so I laugh.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I listened to more than just Carlin, I have read through history to find a single grain of evidence the Romans encountered Jesus. They don't say it. No philosopher says it, it is written only in a story book.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
this question boggles my mind, and I won't be taking the time to respond to your incredibly ignorant attitude toward religion but I think of God like this:

God is an infinite expression of forms. there is no tally on how many souls per year incarnate it does not work like that.

How do we know our souls do not occupy multiple dimensions at once?

and if they did wouldnt that mean those other expressions of us have souls too? Would they try to tally up souls in their own dimension do you think?
edit on 21-4-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

Hilarious that you said "I won't be taking the time to respond to..." Yet-you did!

Please bring in some evidence that is all I am asking for. You know something that does a little bit of proving. I am positive that you can't! Show me the word Jesus in history please.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

start with god. only one conciousness. he to split off into two. so now there is two counciousness. so the second one has always exsisted. continue this process millions or more times and u have a universe. so say when u die ur conciousness, but you want to experience multiple things. so u split ur conciousness into fiveparts. so now u are these five parts. none knowing that the other four are themselves, until they reach enlightenment, or they experienced what u wanted and you come back together and form yourself again from these five.
so if this makes sense you can see that we are all from god, and are god. thats why we are all family. we are conciousness being split rather than created.
sorry if the way i worded it doesnt make much sense
i tried

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
like you hear the term higher self. picture multiple higherselves. tens of millions or whatever. that all lead back up to the source. after this life you will return to your higherself. u can then decide. do you want to experience more. then split up your conciousness, so that your higherself can grow and evolve so that it can complete its goals of reconnecting its higherself. and so on until you reach source. i am pretty bad explaining things. i assure you its crystal clear in my mind :3

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

I have never heard of this. I am not sure I understand where this type of philosophy comes from.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Sounds good, we are all one with the universe. Makes sense. But God? Can this simply matter, particles, a consciousness, a though, an idea? Are we talking the Christian God?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am not so sure there is a "soul" now as many refer to it. I have a theory (if the simulation hypothesis is correct) that there is really only ONE conciousness, and much like the big bang, it is a singularity, in which it is running these simulations within some kind of virtual machine and all these people are just seperate parts of the aspects of the same ONE conciousness and when the simulation ends for any one part the whole is still the one conciousness. In other words, if you play sims and your sims die, you have knowledge and retain the knowledge from that sim but it is ultimately you who controls the sim, even though they seem to have their own personality, you actually programmed that personality yourself, and you can keep doing this over and over again, but ultimately your games run by you therefore you are the conciousness for that game avatar. I hope I am making sense to you. So that goes to mean what we call God is just the conciousness that is running the simulation, why it is doing this is to understand itself in a broader sense to question what is it doing here, much like we question what we are doing here. Plus it would be totally lonely and boring to be the only thing with a conciousness in existence so partly, to entertain itself. The difference is in this simulation the conciousness immerses itself, which is quite impossible to do on SIMS yet, until we discover how to do VR, that is immerse ourselves in the game and actually live what our "SIM" is living. Eventually we will be able to, and then the one conciousness is really going to be confused!

edit on 22-4-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I am not so sure there is a "soul" now as many refer to it. I have a theory (if the simulation hypothesis is correct) that there is really only ONE conciousness, and much like the big bang, it is a singularity, in which it is running these simulations within some kind of virtual machine and all these people are just seperate parts of the aspects of the same ONE conciousness and when the simulation ends for any one part the whole is still the one conciousness. In other words, if you play sims and your sims die, you have knowledge and retain the knowledge from that sim but it is ultimately you who controls the sim, even though they seem to have their own personality, you actually programmed that personality yourself, and you can keep doing this over and over again, but ultimately your games run by you therefore you are the conciousness for that game avatar. I hope I am making sense to you. So that goes to mean what we call God is just the conciousness that is running the simulation, why it is doing this is to understand itself in a broader sense to question what is it doing here, much like we question what we are doing here. Plus it would be totally lonely and boring to be the only thing with a conciousness in existence so partly, to entertain itself. The difference is in this simulation the conciousness immerses itself, which is quite impossible to do on SIMS yet, until we discover how to do VR, that is immerse ourselves in the game and actually live what our "SIM" is living. Eventually we will be able to, and then the one conciousness is really going to be confused!

Awesome! That makes a lot of sense. We are all one.
I made this just for your response, and I am going to continue to use it-Everybody feel free to use it too! This way we can simply let everyone know the best most appropriate response. Perhaps ATS can incorporate it into the system so we can click a button and it will automatically go into our post?

Ladies and Gentleman I give you the Best Response on ATS by OP image:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Energy-Matter is neither created nor destroyed, it only changes state.

Humans kill, consume, use, and destroy millions of animals and plants.

Surely this energy must go somewhere: into the creation of more humans.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Why, Thank you, I am honored!!!

Now to incorporate this into the mutiverses theory: Say you run your "SIMS" game and die, or something else happens that you don't like, you don't choose to save the game and when you play again you start at the time you left off when you saved the game last, therefore, in essence your sim is then living a chunk of time over again, this can explain anything from time anomolies to deja vu. Chew on that one for awhile.

ETA: I don't find "The Egg" to be a very good analogy for this, because well, it would be senseless to have this conversation with yoursef, it just seems silly.

edit on 22-4-2012 by ldyserenity because: ADD

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join