It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam Illnesss: Important Topic; Reputable Sources.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A few days ago I posted a thread on this illness. (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Now, it seems that world aid organizations are becoming involved. The following articles are of intrest:

abcnews.go.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

I can't find any newer sources . . . I'll continue to post updates.

Is there any ATS'ers out there who know anything about chems/ bio agents that could cause somthing like this? One of the articals speculates about chem. agents.

Stay Tuned.
edit on 21-4-2012 by zrocketman976 because: Spelling Errors (Ugghhh :-( )

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I can't find any info about exactly what type of disease this is. That's an important missing piece. If anyone can find it please link. I checked some of the news articles but found nothing specific.

It did say that a rash forms of the hands and feet, and they get a high fever. It affects mostly impoverished children as well it claims.
Then it states that with medical treatment patients respond well (so it's not difficult to control).

I would have to guess it is some form of bacterial or fungal infection and that already on the shelf antibacterial or antifungal treatments can beat it.

Also I assume that healthy adults are probably naturally more resilient towards contracting this and it's pandemic scale is limited in scope due to better dietary or sanitary conditions of the region.

If anyone finds out what the source of this disease is post it in here thanks.

edit on 21-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeah, but the only thing was that it said it responded well to EARLY treatment..... and it didn't just affect children...

So who knows?

Hopefully nothing.
:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Vietnam has asked international health experts to help investigate a mystery illness that has killed 19 people and sickened 171 others in Quang Ngai Province, an official said Friday. The infection has mostly affected children and young people. If not treated, it can damage the liver and other organs, said the official, Le Han Phong, chairman of the People’s Committee in the Ba To district. The Health Ministry has asked the World Health Organization and the United States, through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to help investigate.

www.nytimes.com...
Vietnam: Illness Stirs Appeal for Help

It seems to be the current summary of the story, lets hope it doesn't get any worse. My gut tells me, this will be a common theme in the coming months.

More information is definitely needed, I hope that all updates are posted on this thread, as I will be visiting it periodically for updates.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zrocketman976

Notice how they also don't specify what type of treatments they are giving?

It's almost as if the media is trying to be more vague than usual. Such strange behavior on their part.
Also this is repeated across many major news outlets.

I'm glad you brought this up again. It's really interesting because I think it reveals a lot more about the media and it's mode of operation than it does about the medical issue the article is about!

Because that's the thing. The articles don't actually reveal anything concrete at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am really leaning towards fungal infection here due to what information is provided and in conjunction with what is known about the social, economic, ecological and environmental factors of the region in question.

I have a strong suspicion that the children involved in this are being exposed to a source of contamination and that the adults around them are also being exposed but their immune systems are strong enough to protect them from infection.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ok, so I posted a new thread. Link is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Duplicate here

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics