It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange beam of light found on one of my bike photos Reflection or something else ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not sure if this thread belongs on this forum however not sure where else to post it. After looking through some pictures that I have recently took of my bike on my Samsung galaxy ace phone 5mp I have discovered that one has a strange shaft of light coming down from the top right and seems to be hitting the bike. At first I thought some kind of reflection but it just looks so crisp and beam like. very odd. See what you guys think.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Looks like a reflection off your stator cover to me. Pretty cool effect.
edit on 21-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

The cover is matt so not very reflective. the beam seems to go all the way to the edge of the picture but does stop at the bike. As you say probably just a reflection. You would think the shiny exhaust would be causing reflections but its not emanating from the exhaust.
edit on 21-4-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It looks like a reflection off the bike smudged/flared by a fingerprint or finger smudge on the glass cover of the phones camera.

Try wiping your thumb across the lens then taking a picture of a strong light source. You may get the same result.

Either that or it's your common-or-garden lense flare. I believe the shaft of light radiates out from the black and silver parts of your bike. You can see the point of reflection.
edit on 21/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Spookily my bike has an interesting lucky charm. I am interested in medieval history especially knights and the crusades. I have an 800 year old heraldic horse pendant metal detector find that I purchased featuring the three English lions of Richard the lion heart reign, possibly from a knights horse and maybe even a crusaders. I have mounted it under my hot grips switch on the yoke.

new topics

top topics

join