It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American's Leave America To Chase The 'American Dream'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

In growing numbers, experts say, highly educated children of immigrants to the United States are uprooting themselves and moving to their ancestral countries. They are embracing homelands that their parents once spurned but that are now economic powers.

www.nytimes.com...

I was not surprised at all to read this article. America has gotten so bad that American's are leaving so they can have more opportunity. This would have be unthinkable only a short time ago. The massive unemployment and and monopolised marketplace means there is less and less chance of living the 'American Dream' in America anymore.

America is on the decline and people know it. These people that are lucky enough to be in a position to escape the doom that is America are the fortunate ones. Many have no way of escape.

I think the world should look at taking refugee's from America to help solve the problem. The homeless and the poor have no way out. I am sure many would jump at the chance of relocation to a nation where they have a chance. Many would jump at the chance to move to a place that does not make them feel ashamed of their poverty and hardship. Many would jump at the chance to escape to a place that is not dotted with Tent Cities.

It makes me sad to think of the current state of America. They obviously cannot fix their problems themselves. They have dug the hole too deep. The international community should rally to find solution's to the seemingly unfixable problem's that hamper America and its poor people.

Poor America.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wow what's next illegal immigration of Mexico and Canada by Americans? Because I can see that coming. Plus CBS news reported the US empire are at it's heyday.

A soft landing for America 40 years from now? Don't bet on it. The demise of the United States as the global superpower could come far more quickly than anyone imagines. If Washington is dreaming of 2040 or 2050 as the end of the American Century, a more realistic assessment of domestic and global trends suggests that in 2025, just 15 years from now, it could all be over except for the shouting.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 16-4-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Wow what's next illegal immigration of Mexico and Canada by Americans? Because I can see that coming.

[

I wonder when the Mexican's will figure it out.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have considered leaving myself. I no longer recognize my nation. I am stuck here due to divorce and shared custody of minor children though. If not for that, I think I would have bought a sailboat and embraced true freedom upon the seas. Moving from port to port using my skills to provide a living for myself. Alas, I was born 100 years to late or maybe 200 years to early.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Question who's the the new superpower in the future? The BRIC nations can't( China, India, Russia).

But what if it's North Korea

game description

DucAdministrator

The Story:

The year is 2027. The world as we know it is unraveling after 15 years of economic meltdown and widespread global conflict over dwindling natural resources.

A once proud America has fallen, her infrastructure shattered and military in disarray. Crippled by a devastating EMP strike, the USA is powerless to resist the ever expanding occupation of a savage, nuclear armed greater Korean Republic.

Abandoned by her former allies, the United States is a bleak landscape of walled towns and abandoned suburbs. This is a police state where high school stadiums have become detention centers, and shopping malls shelter armored attack vehicles. A once free people are now prisoners.

It is now in the second year of the occupation. Hope that government officials will extract America from her depths has all but faded. The only solution is that the solution must come from within. A stirring movement has been spreading across the nation for the past 12 months. No longer are Americans willing to sit quietly while their family members, friends and neighbors are tortured, beaten and executed. The threat of nuclear annihilation has been eclipsed by the pain of the brutal occupation. Beginning with a thousand sparks across the nation; it soon started growing into a wildfire the Koreans had no idea how to control. Sales clerks, mechanics, students, your neighbor down the street; you are all the last line of defense..This is your Homefront...

Source : forums.downundergamers.com.au...

Her's a timeline of events that shows the rise of North Korea and the fall of the US

www.homefront-game.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

What makes you think it wont be the BRICS?

Brazil,Russia,China,India,South Africa?

I am certain they will take over. And soon.

And that will be much better than the American Imperial Empire.

PostScript- "It is hard God damn work, making something this pretty look like a chump!"-Billy Hoyle (White Men Cant Jump)

Just a warning.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well what will knock them out would be if the oil fields are destoyed in the looming Iran War or peak oil. China and India needs oil and if that's cut off then they wouldn't last very long

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Thats silly. China alone is predicted to overtake the US economy as the worlds largest within 5 years.

The BRICS are also forming their own Bank.

The BRICS have more friends than America.

All America can hope to do is bow down before them.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

But predictions cannot be always be accurate. In fact we used to have the same expectation with Japan only it turns out wrong. Here's one reason why China can't become a superpower

Fareed Zakaria, CNN host and Washington Post columnist, defined in his bestselling book The Post-American World that a superpower is a country that achieves dominance in ideas or ideology, an economic system, and military power.

In terms of ideas or ideology, the Chinese are probably more confused than anyone else in the world. During the Cultural Revolution, many Chinese traditions, including Confucianism, were destroyed. Communism has proved to be disastrous, and no one believes in it anymore. In today’s China where money is king, people have become disillusioned with any notion of ideals. There has been serious moral decay in society

helenhwang.net...

There many other reasons but this is just an example

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

What makes you think it wont be the BRICS?

Brazil,Russia,China,India,South Africa?

I am certain they will take over. And soon.

And that will be much better than the American Imperial Empire.

PostScript- "It is hard God damn work, making something this pretty look like a chump!"-Billy Hoyle (White Men Cant Jump)

Just a warning.

Well, mostly because India and South Africa are basket cases that are getting worse instead of better. So maybe BRC countries instead?

Seriously though, India has massive potential but the vast majority of the country is still so lacking they have an awfully long road ahead before they become a true Super Power. South Africa? Can't ever see it happening for many many reasons. Would like to be wrong though.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

But predictions cannot be always be accurate. In fact we used to have the same expectation with Japan only it turns out wrong. Here's a reason why China can't become a superpower

Fareed Zakaria, CNN host and Washington Post columnist, defined in his bestselling book The Post-American World that a superpower is a country that achieves dominance in ideas or ideology, an economic system, and military power.

In terms of ideas or ideology, the Chinese are probably more confused than anyone else in the world. During the Cultural Revolution, many Chinese traditions, including Confucianism, were destroyed. Communism has proved to be disastrous, and no one believes in it anymore. In today’s China where money is king, people have become disillusioned with any notion of ideals. There has been serious moral decay in society

helenhwang.net...

Thats crazy. America cannibalizes itself by allowing corpoatist's to rule over you. They have no sovereignty. China on the other hand protect's its industries from outsider's. How do you think they have risen against the odd's? America had all the cards and still failed.

It also has an unpayable national debt amongst other things. America is done for. And soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

That is also silly. You are egocentric if you believe they are basketcases. What are you talking about?

Edit-Hey Flavian

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well I do agree the US is gonna fall eventually it's just at the same time I just can't buy BRIC taking over. I mean with the US gone wouldn't China go to war with India or China go to war with Russia? China and Russia may be allies now but with the US out of the way I'm sure they'll compete against each other just like the US and the Soviet Union after world war 2

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The only war mongering country I see is America. I know China has some disputes with neighbours but I see them negotiating fair outcomes all over like in Africa while America bullies to get its own way or uses force.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Basically, India has an awful lot of development left to achieve. Yes they have a huge economy but that is entirely down to the size of their population. Statistically, they are lagging (still) far behind the West. That can and will change but it won't be for quite a while yet.

South Africa has gone downhill since the end of apartheid. Please don't take that as endorsement of that abhorrent regime - it most certainly isn't. It is more an indictment of the way things have been run since then.

China is actually also not as rosy as the picture that is often painted. They are massively over inflated in the economy at the moment (aside from anything else, look at the number of ghost cities that have arisen). There is the potential for serious economic collapse in China at the moment. If it weathers this storm, there will be nothing to stop it becoming the global superpower. There is a very realistic chance though that it would implode if there is another global financial collapse - although i suspect this would result in the Communist Party cracking down on new found liberties and reintroducing strict party control of everything.

The point being that although BRICS is rightly touted as a potential alternative, it is precisely that at the moment - a POTENTIAL alternative. To become viable, certain member nations have some very difficult obstacles to overcome.

ETA:

Hi mate

edit on 16-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If China has the economy and military of America they will do the same. Besides China has a big overpopulation problems and in order they'll need new land (cough) Russian far east

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And a huge population, not to mention industrial base, within the fall out area from a failure of the Three Gorges Dam!

God forbid that ever went but if it did, serious problems ahead for China.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

In the other hand would North Korea become a new superpower? In a Global Economic Collapse it seems only North Korea is capable of standing

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The thing is, America could be back on top with one word and a second related action. The word? Repudiation. We repudiate the debt. The related action? End the fed. America repudiates the debt laden fiat currency, ends the fed charter(which expires next year) and issues a new dollar pegged to our GDP. Those alone would do so much, though there would be much more to do. The problem being that there is no national willpower with which to address our nation's fundamental problems. Everybody wants to take the "easy way" even though it only makes problems much worse later on down the road. I believe our national sport has changed from baseball to "kick the can" as in kick the can farther down the road.
Our children and theirs will curse us for the legacy we leave them.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

But I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon. Last President that tried to stop the bankers turn up dead

top topics

<<   2 >>

join