It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF ready to launch Iranian attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

www.timesofisrael.com

The attack, the report said, would presumably trigger a war in northern Israel, with missile attacks (presumably from the Iranian-proxy Hezbollah in Lebanon). “There will be no tranquility and peace anywhere in Israel,” Ben-David said.

This could be the first full-scale war the IAF has fought in nearly 30 years, the report stated.

Pilots had already been told where their families would be moved, away from their bases, for safety, the report said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Appears some reporters were bed up with the Israeli Air
Forces to overview a realistic attack on Iran, even though one isn't likely until after the next round of talks in May.

I know weve heard a lot from World Leaders and the Israeli
Government in regards to an Iranian Attack but this appears to be new information right from the source. Appears there has been just so much talk about an attack happening that it's now expected.

www.timesofisrael.com

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Israel's government is beyond stupid if it decides to attack Iran; there will be Russian retaliation on top of the Iranians. It should also be noted that given Israel's reputation within the region, other nations may seize the opportunity to mount an attack on Israel while it is occupied with Iran and Russia.

Given we're in the middle of an election cycle, America wants to evade going to war until after Romney is crowned warlord. I agree that an attack likely won't happen until 2013.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In the 1930's the USA had drawn up plans and scenarios for a war with Britain.
Hitler had plans for a war between Britain and the USA, where Germany would support Britain.
The USA has always had plans for an all-out Nuclear war with Russia.

They are enemy states, of course they will have preparations for war. Just as the USA probably has existing plans for war with Russia and China too. This is not unusual.

All nations with a functioning and developed military will have scenarios and plans in place for all kinds of wars with all kinds of countries deemed to be a potential threat, it's how they are acted on that means anything. Until the first rocket is fired it is all meaningless speculation.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I believe your thread title should read IAF instead of IDF. I was wondering what the IDF is.

Sounds like war is a possibility. Also sounds like a good opportunity to sell some weapons. The US would be selling to Israel and possibly some other countries. Russia would be selling to Iran and whomever they find buyers for. Knowing how things get settled in this world by using war and bombs, I believe there is a good chance for a war by 2013.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
God! cant we the people of all these nations just put all our leaders in one huge politics death match and have them fight to the death themselves to decide what gets done in regards to global events. winner gets his way in who does what then gets shot.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Iran nuke talks show progress

Could be some petty jealousy involved.

Associated Press – Sat, Apr 14, 2012

ISTANBUL (AP) — Nuclear negotiators for Iran and six world powers were making encouraging progress in bridging differences that have doomed previous meetings meant to reduce fears over Tehran's atomic program, diplomats close to the talks said.

But, in a reality check reflecting the gulf dividing the United States and Iran, a powerful Iranian official said his country had rejected an overture from Washington for a one-on-one meeting between the two delegations at the talks. He spoke after the morning plenary session broke and plans were being formed for bilateral encounters between Iran and its six interlocutors.

"No bilateral talks with the U.S. will be formed," Alaeddin Boroujeddi, head of Iran's powerful parliamentary committee on national security and foreign policy told The Associated Press. "It is not Iran's policy to have bilateral talks with the U.S. — Iran will talk to them on the multilateral level."

Some people may not be able to handle the possibility of peaceful negotiations.

And --> Russia massing troops on Iran's northern border to respond to Western attack

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Russia is massing troops along Iran's northern border to defend the Mullahcracy from a Western attack on its nuclear weapons (Hat Tip: Politik Nevada via The End Run Project).

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
God! cant we the people of all these nations just put all our leaders in one huge politics death match and have them fight to the death themselves to decide what gets done in regards to global events. winner gets his way in who does what then gets shot.

I always thought the U.N. should sponsor bowling and billiard tournaments once a year.

That way actual skills would be tested.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Sounds like a great plan until one of those leaders disagrees and won't settle for anything less than the destruction of an entire country. Hopefully they can settle for things are ok now and let's keep it that way. I'd be happy to let Iranians and Israeli's live peacefully with no war. Maybe they should set up an annual robot match in the Middle East instead of going to war all the time. Winning country gets title of supreme ruler of the Middle East and bragging rights that their robot was better than all the other countries.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Passover is finished. We are approaching a wanning moon/ new moon.... the dark of the moon will be a good time to attack. Also, delays until summer will bring hindering weather...and all the news and leaks say mid-summer or next year will be good times to attack.

Which leads me to believe it could happen as soon as next week.

Also, a bit more prophetic... read Ezekiel 38-39. The nations are lining up just as Ezekiel predicted... right down to Israel standing alone, the use of tactical nuclear weapons, radioactive bodies needing to be flagged, special units to clean up the radio active contamination and burial down wind of Israel.

Get ready my friends.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hopefully there are lots of backroom and backchannel negotiations going on, and all of this will be averted. Iran has as many nukes as Iraq had, none, imnho, and this is just a way to strike a deal with them not to develop any. Likely scenerio is a tacit acceptance that they will control lots of the Iraqi power structure in return for not causing other governments to worry about their nuke program.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hopefully there are lots of backroom and backchannel negotiations going on, and all of this will be averted. Iran has as many nukes as Iraq had, none, imnho, and this is just a way to strike a deal with them not to develop any. Likely scenerio is a tacit acceptance that they will control lots of the Iraqi power structure in return for not causing other governments to worry about their nuke program.

Iran does not have nukes right now then because Iraq had none either right? The russians will not support iran,and will go and retake georgia. They have oil closer to the motherland and then they would control the pipeline themselves. the US gets its war,and israel gets its way. China then takes over taiwan and japan does a defensive action against a chinese and NK invasion force with Sk's help. Then India and pakistan get into the action settling their scores,as well as argentina trying to re take the falklands tying up britain. I think this is all possible.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

www.timesofisrael.com

The attack, the report said, would presumably trigger a war in northern Israel, with missile attacks (presumably from the Iranian-proxy Hezbollah in Lebanon). “There will be no tranquility and peace anywhere in Israel,” Ben-David said.

This could be the first full-scale war the IAF has fought in nearly 30 years, the report stated.

Pilots had already been told where their families would be moved, away from their bases, for safety, the report said.

This is the sort of thing I talk about when I say that Israel does not help the situation with Iran at all.

It's nothing new, this rhetoric from Israel, it has been present since 2007 at least.

But if you want peace resolutions, or a peaceful end to a problem, gearing up your forces and spreading the feeling that something bad is about to happen doesn't really help. If not, the Iranian forces now are also considering some sort of attack, if they weren't before (which, they were and are).

At a time where people are gathered around tables discussing things, and some parties even say that the negotiations have been good and hopeful, saying this sort of thing does more harm than help.

It would be good, for Iran and the rest of the world, if they (Iran) would feel that there is margin to negotiate. Personally, I don't think they are going for a nuclear weapon. They might be also developing one, but I don't think that is their objective, at least the main one.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Iran does not have nukes right now then because Iraq had none either right?

No. Iran does not have nukes because they lack the process to make them. They already stated that their best achievement is still around 20% enrichment, which is nowhere near what is needed to make a suitable nuclear warhead.

Giving them the time since they made that statement, by now, looking at the speed they develop it, they would be around 24/25%. Which, could have not even happened since they claim 20% would be as far they would go, since their objectives are stated as being peaceful.

The russians will not support iran,and will go and retake georgia.

We don't know that. The Russian Federation wouldn't support Iran when in a stage like Cold War, or post-Cold War, due to weakness in the whole country due to economical collapse after the Soviet fell.

Although it isn't perceived in the US and other Western countries, after the Cold War, Russia was pretty much pro-west. That's why the US was able to get so close to Russia, they gave in...

But that has changed. Russia isn't weak anymore, and is in a rising state of economy and even military power. They are developing again and setting up an industry sector again. They are gearing up their space program again too, stating that they want to go to the Moon as soon as 2020.

They wouldn't risk anything a couple of years ago, because a confrontation with the US would be suicidal. But then again, that has changed. We don't know if Russia isn't going to make a statement regarding Iran, since it's close to their "buffer zone".

Let's not forget that the whole missile shield thing started because the West claimed it was meant to defend Europe from Iran, from missiles and nukes they don't even have.

If Iran is attacked, overthrown or, at worst, occupied, then that excuse goes out the window, and Russia, who already dislikes the idea of the missile shield, will start making serious questions as to why there is even a missile shield in the first place.

Personally, I don't think Iran is going to be attacked so soon. They are a handy "demon" to foreign policy in many countries. But, if they are, it's not a light subject for Russia, and we can't say "this won't happen".

They have oil closer to the motherland and then they would control the pipeline themselves. the US gets its war,and israel gets its way.

If you consider the justification of resources, although Russia has oil closer to home, Iran also has plenty of resources. Maybe too much and too valuable for Russia to let them fall in western hands.

But this isn't only about oil. It's also about political influence, and the US being present in Iran like they are in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Pakistan, isn't good for Russia, nor China.

They (China and Russia) don't enjoy, like they used to, seeing the US putting pieces all over the world map.

There has a line to be drawn in the sand, and it's possible Iran is the last drop both for Russia and China. And Iran isn't alone. They might be today, but if they are attacked, a whole set of arguments is going to be thrown at the West, and some countries, especially islamic in base, will provably side with Iran. And in that bag you can put wild cards like Turkey.

China then takes over taiwan and japan does a defensive action against a chinese and NK invasion force with Sk's help. Then India and pakistan get into the action settling their scores,as well as argentina trying to re take the falklands tying up britain. I think this is all possible.

Those scenarios are possible. But not very provable.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I believe your thread title should read IAF instead of IDF. I was wondering what the IDF is.

Sounds like war is a possibility. Also sounds like a good opportunity to sell some weapons. The US would be selling to Israel and possibly some other countries. Russia would be selling to Iran and whomever they find buyers for. Knowing how things get settled in this world by using war and bombs, I believe there is a good chance for a war by 2013.

IDF is the Israeli Defense Force, the mandatory military service arm

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It is hard for me to believe that this information would pass Israeli military censors Unless it was meant to pass for a specific reason. probably to keep the pressure on Iran. Regardless of what Israel says they are NOT going to attack Iran. At least not without it being a joint attack with the US doing the "heavy" lifting. Israel by itself would get thei butts kicked royally by the Iranians. In order to win, Israel would have to resort to the use of nuclear weapons and then the cat would be out of the bag. Will the US join Israel in an attack? Perhaps, but that creates additional possible problems with Russia and China. No intelligence agency in the world, including Mossad believes Iran is making a nuclear weapon. The IAEA has not found any evidence of Iran diverting nuclear fuel to a weapons program. There is no evidence of Iran enriching uranium beyond 20% which is what is needed for medical isotopes. (92% is required for a nuclear weapon) So, Why go to war when there is actually no threat of Iran making a nuclear weapon? At least not yet.

The reasons as I see it are three fold:

1. Israel doesn't want another country in the region to develop the technology that would enable them to produce a weapon in the future if they decided to.

2. The US doesn't like the fact that Iran is accepting gold and currencies other than the dollar as payment for oil.

3. Iran is a supporter of both syria and Hezbollah

At the upcoming talks next month between Iran and the West, I suspect the west will make demands that Iran will have to dismiss as being unfair and unreasonable. A few more months of back and forth threats and counter threats and then PERHAPS Israel will convince the US to act on Israels behalf. In my opinion Iran poses absolutely NO threat to the US so Israel should be told that if they attack they are pretty much on their own. They will just have to deal with the tens of thousands of missles that are likely to rain upon Israel from Iran, Hezbollah and Syria. The problem is IF this happens and Israel is percieved to have been weakened Egypt may, if the wrong government is elected in June, sieze the opportunity and join in the fray.

All of this is of course my personal opinion.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

As in the past, predictions of Israel’s demise are greatly exaggerated.

top topics

join