It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something spooky going on at the Neumayer Antertica station, check it out.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
After watching it a couple of times, I think it is a small helicopter of some sort. You can just see the lights pool up starting in frame 132. It looks like ATV headlights, but then it goes airborne at frame 135-136.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I thought about a helicopter too, but I couldn't make out any position or collision lights

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It's the moon.

Put Neumayer station's coordinates in stellarium and see for yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That's the moon? Looks to me like it is a forward-facing beam of light, kinda like headlights on a four-wheeler. It shines straight forward, with little side-illumination. It certainly doesn't appear to be anywhere near the sky in that first frame it is noticed.

I can see where the light illuminates the snow and ground behind and underneath the station, then casts shadow under the building and around the posts underneath.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Like the light on the building, it appears very bright because the camera switches to night mode when it get's darker and then any light will appear over exposed, including the moon.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There is nothing spooky going on at the Neumayer Antertica station as shown by these threads
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hi,
I don't know if this video is relative to the slides...it's kinda long but informative.
Wait til ya hear what he says at the end.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

reply to post by zorgon

Ahhhhhh... got it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
They say a picture is worth a thousand words

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Looks like it could have been the ice-cream van...

Actually that was quite odd.. In the daylight shots you can see the elevation of the light passing right to left in the night shots is above ground level. I like the video but can't call spacecraft. I'm saying meteorite and will also comment that the seeming level right to left flightpath is illusion due to the longitude of the location.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by outerlimits

It starts at 21:30 UTC frames 130-138 = something sure does go across the sky 100%
nice catch..

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What's that at 16:46?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
it's the moon. think about it. North near the equator is where the moon would be. north is below the horizon since it's antarctica and everything is upside down. it appears super bright because it's a low light enhancing camera. just look at how bright the flood light was at the entrance to the shed in front of the building.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I agree with Chad and zorgon. Moon.

Please remember that the cam is on a 10 minute capture cycle. What looks like something moving fast across the sky is actually just crawling when you factor in real-time vs time-delay.

I'd say nothing but swamp gas, folks, move along, but.....

It's too freaking cold for swamp gas to remain a vapor.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Very very beautiful area!

As with the topic of the light it just seems to be a reflection from a metallic surface, most likely from the moon.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Looks like a chinese lantern. Why what are you seeing?

Must be big lanterns where you are....did you even check out the link?...I guess not...

OP: I'm going to agree with the majority here because it looks like the moon to me too.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My god, saw it in the first three seconds. This is the fluroscent light bulb over the door at the barn. (Probably 36W (1,20))

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is simply an always on light coming from a narrow window above the door of the garage-like building. As the environment gets less and natural light, the camer attempts to adjust and that light soon becomes the dominante light in the area. No mystery to that.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
I agree with Chad and zorgon. Moon.
I'd say nothing but swamp gas, folks, move along, but.....
It's too freaking cold for swamp gas to remain a vapor.

So let me try to understand...

You agree it is the moon... that is made of swamp gas, but has to be frozen?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join