It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of a metalic orb that I just saw.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I saw what appeared to be a metalic orb today.

I was watching a commercial jet crossing the sky when I noticed an object that seemed to travel along with the jet for about two seconds before stopping and going the other way.

I was with my wife, my dad and my two kids and got really frustrated when know one apart from myself could see it, so I got my camera out of my car and shot a few pics of the object to proove to them i wasnt seeing things.
The object was very bright and reflected the sun and looked metalic silver.
I dont know enough about weather balloons to rule them out 100% but it did seem to fly and not just float.

Camera is a Nikon D700 with a 80-400mm lens.
1/6400 sec shutterspeed @ F5.6
ISO 1600
pics where shot at full zoom (400mm)

not the best settings but I was in a hurry and just set the camera to manual and wound the shutter speed up and snapped.
here are links to the full sized, un-touched image files.
img837.imageshack.us...
img809.imageshack.us...
img18.imageshack.us...
img3.imageshack.us...

This last one is a pic of a jet at the same point in the sky for comparison at 400mm
img210.imageshack.us...
edit on 12/4/12 by dadfortruth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yep that is unidentifiable...

That said you need to clean your lens lol

But back to the object, could be anything (metalic balloons), very high ISO for a day shot makes it grainy but I cannot tell what this is at that distance and in the sky like that it could be closer and smaller than you think with your comparision to the Jet.

That said did it just drift or did it do any sporadic movements?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
so in comparison to the jet in my idea it would measure about 20m or so if the shots were both at 400mm

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I witnessed very similar about a month ago (solihull uk), apart from the object was a firey color, but this I assumed was due to the sun reflecting off it. I could see a airplane high in the sky, and the object traveling atleast twice as fast and almost paralell to the airplane. I was in the front garden and ran to the back as my veiw was cut off by the house, as I was running aroun dthe back I was pulling my phone out and trying to get it to video camera. I found the object in the sky again but within 5 or so seconds it was gone and was unable to film it. It was very exciting to see as im very excited to see your thread and photos. although the images are pretty much usless as the object is to small, from what you say and what I see in the photos it looks like it could be the same thing.

Im hoping anyone else that has witnessed tis or someting similar will come forward aswell

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Remember: it CAN'T be an UFO, because some people have already pre-determined that UFOs DON'T EXIST.

So, you need to apply "Occam's razor" and invent some "simpler explanation"...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Hi dadfortruth,
Blows your mind doesn't it?!!! Would this be your First sighting ever?

I, for one, believe you because I , too, have seen these orbs and actually other makes and models to be honest. Now what these are, I do not know but they ARE flying in our skies.

It is wonderful you were able to capture these photos but too bad we couldn't get a close up--- better zoom of one . I say zoom because I 'd rather it not be too close for comfort as I have had those before too.

It was a lonnnng while before my family started seeing and believing... so be patient, they WILL see you were truthful all along and that it wasn't a trick of the eyes, or a distant plane. Again, it won't take long, they will see for themselves.

I also feel like there is an intelligence behind them....just saying..from my personal experience.
Great catch op! SnF! for you ...
May we all keep our eyes on the skies.... Never know what you may see next! NO joke!

ETA
I know this may sound crazy but this happened...a cloud like morphing something ?? that had two orbs
www.abovetopsecret.com... The other orbs I saw didn't have the cloud like thing though and here is a photo. And, yes, I have seen one zip by a plane in 2 sec flat too
files.abovetopsecret.com...

And I want disclosure as to what these are! How about you?!
edit on 12-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

shame there is no treeline / landscape to add a bit of perspective just a wall of blue. seems odd that there is no clouds/contrails just blue sky, is that usual where you are?
edit on 12-4-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yeah, high ISO for day shot, although the D700 is good at high ISO.

No sparadic movements at all, I know it's hard to tell the height the object was, but it look as though it was flying next to the planes wing before stopping and then going other way.
I could only see it when I focused my eyes on the plane and could see a "glint" from the suns refleftion on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Hi

No I have been lucky enough to have seen some amazing sightings, this is the first in about 6 years. not the most exciting but the only time i've got pics. I never leave my camera gear home since last time I saw one

reply to post by dashdespatch

We were at my dads farm in N.S.W Australia, there where no clouds and only the occaisonal airliner passing at very high altitudes.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Cool! See my edit to first post
added links
And again great capture!
[[[[dadfortruth]]]!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mattrat

Impssible to know exactly the size and altitude but it seemed very high, the camera was focused to infinity. I got the impression that it was close to or at the height of the airliner, making it fairly large.

I took the raw pic of the plane and ovelaid it with the first pic of the orb. img217.imageshack.us...
that looks very close to how it looked when I first noticed it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I am not a complete skeptic but this screams balloon...no sporadic movements, nothing anomalous.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Do you have a link to a thread or other site describing your last sighting?

I am curious if it matches some of my sightings. I have had many daytime sightings that left me speechless. I also saw a lot of Orbs like the one in your picture.

I have looked at them with binoculars and they do not look like balloons. I have seen the orbs do everything from... move quickly across the sky.... to floating .....just sitting in one spot.... disappearing ...reappearing ....change colors.... dance with other orbs close by

All my sightings happened in the summer of 2010 .... haven't seen any since

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Can balloons stop , then go in a different direction ? I can understand the wind current...but they just don't reverse do they?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ok frist off where are you located? I'm in Tasmania and the kids told me tonight they seen something similar.
it came out of a cloud, and yes there was a plane nearby, 1 of them was even smart enough to try snap a photo.

This happened over northwest of Tasmania

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Its not bright because of the Sun.
Besides illuminating the nearby air it may also be flaming Nitrogen which might
be releasing bright light due to high voltage pressure waves.
Air is being mechanically shook back and forth letting go of quantum shell K
electrons into the nucleus. Yes quite amazing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Regardless of the critical take of some of the reponses. I for one always apprieciate daytime photos of "ufos" over night time.

PS I'm not intending disrespect to anyone. Critical thought is a must, to be objective and get to the root of whatever this may be. I mainly wanted to compliment the OP

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I cant rule it out being a weather balloon, It has been bugging me all day.
It could have been an illusion that made it appear to travel beside the jet for a short time. And maybe they use metalic weather balloons, im not sure.

I did think about this at the time, and I still trust my perception that it was level with and flying next to the jet for a good two seconds, I had time to say to my wife and dad somthing pretty close to this
"look, at the orb next to the jet"
"loooook, right next to it!"
"F me!!!! cant you see it!"
Then it stopped and looked to fly at about the same speed as the jet but in the other direction. Thats when I ran and got my camera.

reply to post by amraks

I was about 30km west from Tumut N.S.W, my best guess the jet was heading towards Sydney from Adelaide or Melbourne, the object traveled in a west direction. it was around 1.30pm 12/3/12.

Btw sorry for my late replys, It was late when I got home and made this thread, so I rushed it, then crashed out.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

No, I havnt done a thread on my sightings. I was going to, but I'm not sure I need to subject myself to what some will say

I dont need to proove anything to anyone, but Im more then happy to share anything with anyone who's interested.

My first sighting was about 20 years ago, I was about 15. A few friends and myself had a daylight sighting of a huge cigar shaped UFO, It was very clear, somthing i'll never forget.

My next sighting was about 6 or 7 years ago now. It was a daylight sighting of a silver/metalic orb, It was close range (below tree level) It moved very fast and was definatly under inteligent control.
I have a photo of an orb that looked the same as the one I saw, but the scanned copy is not very good, here is a thread on it www.abovetopsecret.com...

My next and most amazing was 5 years ago, Two other witnesses and mysef had a night sighting of an amber/orange orb or craft, the sighting lasted for about 20mins, very close range (80-100ft) to very high altitudes, It showed some "un-real" speeds and manouvers.
since that day I always try and carry a camera every where I go

All have been in N.S.W Australia.

I have had few more sightings, but nothing too interesting just the odd strange light and things like this current thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hi pops

Appreciate the share of your other sightings as well... VERRRY interesting : I enjoyed reading.
It amazes me how folk can jump on a thread when it is first posted -it's kind of like wham bam, thank you m'aam! then it gets rolled off, sad to say.

I wish everyone could see what you and I, and many others have seen - because this chit is happening! and as Clinton has said, "I wanna know".....the answers they are hiding from us.. Hey OP , I believe there is a new disclosure petition to be signed... Disclosure 3rd petition .. I'll see if I can find that link!

ETA: Not what I thought it was but it could be a start for fULL disclosure
we can petition the obama administration to:
ask Defense Secretary Panetta to respond to mounting evidence for nuclear weapons tampering by extraterrestrial craft.

Disclosure Petition III - Nuclear Weapons Tampering.
Doesn't look like many are signing quickly enough! Time is running out it seems...
wh.gov...

edit on 13-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join