It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law in Italy? Spain Portugal Greece Riots Euro Collapse UK fall back as US preps all out WAR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Really scary...

I just saw this in the Norwegian MSM;

www.aftenposten.no...=RSS-3

The police are having a riot drill, and the pictures says it all really;

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

"It raises fundamental questions if our pre-eminent defense and security relationship is with an ally who has interests which are increasingly divergent from our own,".

Awesome thread. it would be unthinkable for these words to be spoken just a couple years ago. I can see a day where America goes to war thinking they have friends to back them up only to find that when they look behind them noone is there. Its coming.

The BRICS are the future. America is done.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

How so BRICS is the future? Care to explain the benefits and advantages to BRICS? I think a more recent failure/issues of a regional or shared currency would be EUro. What do you think BRICS will do differently?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

over 750 million rounds of .40 caliber hollow point ammo

1. Geneva Conventions prohibit use of expanding ammo. Just what are they going do with it? You train with what your going to really use. HP ammo would be a waste to use for paper targets.

2. .40 cal? What weapon is that going in? The military uses the 9mm Beretta and (much less so) .45 1911.

Had you said they were bulking up on 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, .50 BMG, 40mm grenades and E-SAPI plates, I might have had to take a second look at this. BUT the ammo just doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
Really scary...
I just saw this in the Norwegian MSM;
www.aftenposten.no...=RSS-3
The police are having a riot drill, and the pictures says it all really;

whoa that looks like some good, convincing acting.

here in US that would probably turn into the 'real deal' every chance they get - more war overseas, more war right here, its Divide & Conquer bigtime all the time and people aren't recognizing it coming (all over again).,,
tv, media itself even random events r bein increasinglyexploited by government in these 'exercises'.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

"It raises fundamental questions if our pre-eminent defense and security relationship is with an ally who has interests which are increasingly divergent from our own,".

Awesome thread. it would be unthinkable for these words to be spoken just a couple years ago. I can see a day where America goes to war thinking they have friends to back them up only to find that when they look behind them noone is there. Its coming.

Try to contain your joy and wishful thinking. The BRICS nations are doing so well right now because western nations are buying their products. What happens to one effects the other. Let's see complete economic collapse in Europe and the U.S. and see how BRICS does. What happens to China when no one wants to import their poorly made products? When foreign countries no long employee massive amounts of citizens? When the outsourcing to India stops completely.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I only hope we're as brave as the Italians, Spaniards, and Portuguese when we're under the hobnailed boot....

It's easy for Europeans to be brave when their police don't use violence and deadly force as a starting point.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by BiggerPicture

First of all, there have been hundreds of instances when drills have ocurred and people like Alex Jones and his army of adoring fans have claimed that it "means something"... guess what? Yeah, they were just drills, there was no martial law...

I am sure it would take more than one drill to prepare the various contingencies, just because it did not happen after any particular drill, does not mean something is not up.

Great thread, S&F, it does make one worry just a bit with the world situation.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Scary part, you are absolutely correct, when deadly force if the first level of escalation in any response, it would take great bloodshed i fear, if this was to occur, for any change to take place.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Try to contain your joy and wishful thinking. The BRICS nations are doing so well right now because western nations are buying their products. What happens to one effects the other. Let's see complete economic collapse in Europe and the U.S. and see how BRICS does. What happens to China when no one wants to import their poorly made products? When foreign countries no long employee massive amounts of citizens? When the outsourcing to India stops completely.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

The danger is a return to a multipolar world of unstable and shifting alliances in the future. Think 19th century politics with 21st century weapons.

Anybody rejoicing at the state we've gotten ourselves into isn't thinking it through. There won't be a safe and stable place on the planet.
edit on 11-4-2012 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
we most all know by now what tends to follow US 'drills' right?

You mean like all the drills we used to run in the 60's to fend off a nuclear attack from Russia? Oh wait, that doesn't fit your paradigm very well now, does it? Drills are just that, practice for some potential event that may or may not ever happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Maybe they are preparing to retire the outdated 9mm round for the better round?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It would be great if people gather in parks and learn these baton techniques to even things a little when dealing with [anti-riot] police!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join