It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ultra deep image thats FULL of galaxies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I was browsing the net and stumbled upon this and couldn't find it anywhere on ATS..

What happens when you take a monster 4.1 meter telescope in the southern hemisphere and point it at the same patch of sky for 55 hours? This. OK, I know. At first glance it doesn’t look like much, does it? Just a field of stars. However, here’s the important bit: I had to take the somewhat larger original image and reduce it in size to fit my 610-pixel-wide blog. So how much bigger is the original? It’s 17,000 x 11,000 pixels! If you happen to be sitting on a T1 line, then you can grab this massive 250 Mb file. And I surely suggest you do.

At first you get this..

Then zoom and you get this..

You can just keep going.

Discover: An ultra deep image thats FULL of galaxies!

If you can download the full image then i suggest doing so!

You forget just how vast space is at times!

Just thought i'd share it with you all

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

This is the kind of stuff that truly leaves me speechless.

S+F

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I wonder what's between the gallaxies. CAN we call that spacetime?

We are not alone, that's for sure.

This picture is probably an image of what it looked like bilions of bilions years ago, and these gallaxies are travelling away from our position by the speed of light!!! So that means that... this is so mind blowing, and i think time can fool us!!

The universe is so beautifull, unpredictable, and we are the ones who can examine this beauty. This is a very special time in the evolution of the cosmos.

I hope that we are infinite energy, just as the universe is, and that we will understand some day..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

ATS Thread

You searched, but not hard enough...
2nd

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
WoW! That is amazing! I just grabbed the full image. Dunno about you but looking at that and thinking about the context of my own existence ie one of 7 billion intelligent apes living on a small island on small ball of dirt and water out in the backwaters of the milky way on one 1 planet out of billions in one galaxy out of billions... Made me feel kind of insignificant. S+F for you OP.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Why don't they make many many more of these things? If they could take this pic in 55 hours, why not continue and make more pics of different parts of the sky, for the next 55 hours, and the next... do hundreds of them in a couple of years. Imagine the discoveries that could be found. I'm very surprised the Hubble hasn't done dozens of Deep Fields by noiw and not just three or four.

And thanks, most people missed the earlier thread and apparantly this thread as well. Things go by fast here, this should be a main story.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

edit on 10-4-2012 by Aleister because: moar edit

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS OUT THERE!?

...okay I'm calm now.
edit on 4/11/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by QuestionTheGovernment

My bad.

Like Aleister said anyway, most people seemed to miss the original thread. I hope this gets a little bit more attention

When i see an image like this, it still astonishes me that people believe we're alone in the universe.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Man this is old but man is it good!! I never get tired of examining this deep field photo

Edit: oops, is this a NEW deep field photo? Now I'm really excited. Thanks OP.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Socrato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join