It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Telescope for sale on Ebay!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If anyone happens to have a mere $7Million lying around,you could bid for the Broadband X-ray telescope from the space shuttle on Ebay:

The BBXRT consists of a pair of coaligned thin foil conical X-ray mirrors, with a cryogenically-cooled, Si(Li) spectrometer at the focus of each.
The X-ray mirrors have a focal length of 3.8 m and a diameter of 40 cm.
Each mirror consists of 118 nested pairs of reflectors. Each reflector consists of 0.017 mm thick aluminum shaped into a cone, coated with an acrylic lacquer to form a microscopically smooth surface, which is overcoated with gold to enhance X-ray reflectivity.
The spatial resolution of the telescope is 1.3 arcmin (half power radius) and the plate scale is 0.91 arcmin per cm. The detectors are segmented into five discrete Si(Li) detection elements, each with 512 energy channels. The circular central element has a diameter (field of view) of 4.0 arc minutes.
The outer ring extends the field of view to 17 arcminutes, and is divided into four 90 degree segments. Each is located in a cryogenically-cooled vacuum cryostat. Attached to each cryostat is a solid argon cooler with a 90 lb capacity.

www.ebay.com...

Shall we all chip in?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i bet you can see planet x with that puppy!!!

i'm afraid im a few million short for this purchase!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Haha, every offer has been declined.
make some offers people, im gonna offer £5. fingers crossed

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thank god the shipping is free lol

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Be careful! I'm pretty sure it is no longer in working condition, and the ad stipulates that the buyer must pay return shipping.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Thats a pretty bad photo for a 7 million dollar item. It looks like it fell through the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Hmm-I guess they have ripped out any radioactive components for safety...In other words its not really an X-Ray scope anymore..
You really would expect it to be in full working order at that cost though.
Oh well,suppose it will look good as a museum piece somewhere,if anyone can afford it.

It could be the most expensive item I have ever witnessed on Ebay.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Frank Mulder’s Gigayacht
Sold for: $168 million

Year: 2006

If we were planking on billions, we would do our auctioning at an accredited auction house, but what do we know? Obviously less than Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich who bought the Frank Mulder-designed 405-foot yacht for a record setting $168,000,000. The megayacht featured 10 multi-level VIP rooms, eight guest rooms, a movie theater, and a helicopter pad. The auction actually ended at $85,000,000, but that was only the 50% down payment required by Fort Lauderdale’s 4Yacht brokerage firm.

Link with photo.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Aha,So that £7million is chicken feed compared to that yacht.
I bet Ebay make a tidy profit on such huge transactions.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Leave it to the Russians to always go bigger.

new topics

top topics

join