It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Thy Enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am posting this thread with the purpose of discussing and defining just who the true enemies of our republic are.

Many of us here on ATS seem to believe that there are certain groups working against the betterment of common men, for one purpose or another. Some believe the "social elite" are the enemy, killing of any chance of success for the rest of us either inadvertently - for when does a normal human decide, "Hey, I've got enough cash" - or purposefully, because they need slaves, or employees; however you look at it. Others seem to believe that secret societies such the masons, or the Illuminati, chasing after world domination throughout the ages, with swords in hand and idealism in mind.

The ideas are many, and all can be argued for convincingly, but I believe one sect of enemies stand above all others at this moment, here in America, and abroad. Is it not obvious, fellow thinkers, that corporations size of titans like Sony, Monsanto or Nike are not the most dangerous enemy of a free nation? These legal entities exist with such power that they may have a foot in any part of the world at anytime that suits them, without ever showing loyalty to a single nation. And why should they, when in reality many of the most successful global corporations are more powerful than any nation, because money buys a big voice in any nation. God forbid you live in a third world country and Halliburton takes a sudden interest in the area, but even here in the West you can buy a senator or a parliament member, or whatever the French use even. Plus, if you have a lot of money, you can buy lots of politicians, which means you can get anything basically anything done.

And what's worse, is that when a free nation is infected by the money green tumors that are corporations with more power than armed nations, people seem to misplace the blame. Many of us try to blame crooked politicians , even though history shows that most of them are, or we blame secret cabals that we can't even hope to discover proof of and fight against. Either way, we lose hope in our nation, and bad things follow; all because a few companies were allowed to grow to damn big.

The people will forever be the strongest force in any nation, but the government should always come in second. What is happening to the US these days, what with NDAA, "Fast and Furious" and all the speculation of gun law crackdowns, I think all this is what you get when you let any entity in the nation grow more powerful than the government.

That's my two cents anyway. Let's have all yours.

edit on 9-4-2012 by RatoAstuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So what happens when a corporation is in the pocket, or outright a part of the government?

Can that government then use all of that cash to influence politicians in other countries? Does that make the mega-corps essentially tools of espionage?

That same company that sells us all of our computers could be a tool of the government to buy off foreign officials. So we could actually be funding the corruption.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Corporations must match the government in power atthe least before they can be taken into the fold, because if they weaker than the government, and said government wants to nationalize corporation, they will. That's it, no negotiation and no corporate big wigs getting seats of power. Now, if the corporations in question are already big enough to compete, well, things change. Guys like Bill Gates end up Czar of State Technologies or whatever position such a fascist government might create.

An example of this scenario is apparent, imo, with the recent act (sorry, the name escapes me at the moment) which allows our US federal government, a so called democratic republic, to seize control of any and all resources, privately owned or otherwise, in times of "national emergency". Now, do you think that if the federal government ever exercises this power, that standard operating procedure will change for big guys like Microsoft, Haliburton or Monsanto? Or, will the Federalis simply siphon whatever resources they need from smaller competitors of their oh so wealthy buddies?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Flagged, because this thread will garner a plethora of opinions.

Mine is, the greatest enemy is us. Without The People buying the products of the corporations, they would have no control. Without The People continuing to vote for the same elitists, they would have no power. Without The People sitting on their hind quarters and whining, change would occur. Without The People buying into the class warfare, the race warfare, etc., the elite would be exposed. Without the People being so easily distracted from the important issues, the little things would take care of themselves.

There's my opinion. Good luck with your thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

What you said.

second line

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Google Video Link

The film looks at the new rulers of the world -- the great multinationals and the governments and institutions that back them -- the IMF and the World Bank. Under IMF rules, millions of people throughout the world lose their jobs and livelihood. The reality behind much of modern shopping and the famous brands is a sweatshop economy, which is being duplicated in country after country.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Whenever i hear something about american militias it is always bad but i dont see that the news or government has any evidence to label these patriotic freedom fighters "Terrorists".

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nowhere in our founding fathers documents does it read "the US Government should be the most wealthy and powerful corporation of all." Nor does it say anything like that.

This just in......BREAKING NEWS!!!... YOU are DEAD WRONG.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I don't remember saying that the constitution says anything close to that. Hmm, probably because I didn't. Those were my opinions up there partner; well, mine and the opinions of many other individuals who know what fascism is.

So sure, it isn't unconstitutional nor illegal in anyway for a corporation to grow more powerful than a government, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous. Pull your head out of the sand and accept that capitalism needs tweaked, and soon.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I agree with your point sir, but I don't think there is really any way to fix the People. The majority of us will always prefer to sit back and make what we can of our position in the status qua, because it is easier and less stressful than actively participating in the democratic process. If your standard of living is tolerable, why bother yourself with making it any better when you could just sit back and catch that new Nick Cage flick?

But, the People are easily lead, especially when a common enemy has been put into their sights. So yes, we can be our greatest enemy, but only when the leaders of men fail to sick this great leviathan on real enemies.

top topics

join