It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking documentary captures Vatican-approved exorcist working on 'possessed' woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Produced by Norwegian filmmaker Fredrik Horn Akselsen, the film entitled The Exorcist in the 21st Century follows Father José Antonio Fortea on his one man crusade to rid the world of demons.

I want to see this. I don't know if I believe in it but I'd like to see a real exorcism.

The trailer has already attracted huge interest on the internet, but some are casting doubt on the authenticity of the film.

I haven't heard about it. There is a trailer for the movie at the bottom of the page linked.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Catholic church doesn't hide that it still performs exorcisms.

Requested and performed exorcisms occurred rarely until the 1900s where the public saw a sharp rise due to the media attention exorcisms were getting. There was “a 750% increase in the number of exorcisms performed between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s”.[/

en.wikipedia.org...

5:30 in second link

Sad thing is that some ATS members still believe in it.
edit on 6-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
5:30 in the second video does kinda make me skeptical towards possesion by a demon being real.

But I honestly don't know... I think "possesions" will always be a mystery.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
For me being possessed or something like that is a kind of mind dis order, Some people says there are spirits that controls people, or maybe this is just part of our countries culture.
edit on 8-4-2012 by HurtMeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I'll check the trailer out.
Honestly, I think that the film Exorcist will always cast a shadow on the real world of Exorcism. I am in the school of thought that any strong believer can exorcise demons through the power of the holy spirit. I highly recommend the film Furious Love, which actually interviews a woman who was very high up in the Satanist church who was delivered from demons.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't think catholic church (or any church) knows anything about excorcism. I mean, WORKING excorcism, beyond what common sense would make people think it could be.

They are not enlightened masters of energy, they are not shamans who can travel freely in the astral world, they are not even initiated properly (or in any real way).

How could just some 'dudes' with some old, mostly fictional book, have any power over demons or spirits that have possessed someone? All they can really do is ask for help. That's all. They can ask and pray but that's all they can do. They can perform some ridiculous 'ceremonies', but that won't help.

Think about the ancient Egypt, the golden era, when people were still initiated a lot (the pyramids were built for this purpose, after all), and when they could control energy in ways we can't even imagine anymore. They could 'purify' someone who had a half-animal body to become a fully human in the physical and other levels as well (we have all seen the hieroglyphs with the half-animal bodies, but like morons, we think it's just "symbolism") They were initiated masters of their own emotions, as well as chakra systems - they could balance their energies perfectly and control them without hesitation.

Compare this with some sexually frustrated, fancily dressed dudes, who can't even control their own emotions, who try to recite some old mantra from a mostly fictional book.. like the demons are going to care!

Sheesh.

Someone said that possession is just 'disorder'. But why can't it be the other way around? I mean, what CAUSES a disorder? Why do some people get 'disorders' and why others don't? (Though if you trust psychiatry, anyone and everyone can be classified as mentally ill by just using the DSM-IV)

What if 'mental disorders' are a form of possession or harassment from the other side? There are a lot of evil people in the astral realm just as well as there are lots of them in the physical realm. They like to find weak people to toy around with - how could it be otherwise? Just like some idiots on this side like to 'summon' the evil people (and other beings) on the other planes. Though it's hard for me to even imagine a plane that is lower than the physical..

Think about all the bullies of the world - when they die, do you think they want to stop bullying all of the sudden? No. They are not going to change. They are going to want to continue bullying. But it's harder to bully people in the astral world, because you can't very well punch such loose matter, and they can protect themselves against your other type of attacks easily. But weak people who are still in their physical bodies, are obviously the ideal target for these bully types. It's not really that hard to figure it out.

So what if 'voices' are caused by this kind of spirits, and 'hallucinations' are actually simply temporarily opening up your latent ability to see the other realms? It's not that far fetched, really. But to trust psychiatry, you will have to have a completely materialistic and nihilistic worldview. And even so there is a lot that they can't explain. In fact, they don't know anything about the human mind, they only know how to misdiagnose, classify, drug and control people. They don't know how to cure anyone.

Psychiatry is not a science. It has no cures, only 'treatment'. And it will never, ever grant someone papers that prove they are 'sane', if they have previously 'diagnosed' that individual to be 'insane'.

Psychology and neuroscience are very necessary and useful tools that can help humanity, if used properly. But psychiatry is a completely unnecessary quackery that never helps anyone, except the huge pharmaceutical corporations with their neurotoxins and other dangerous synthetic chemicals they call 'medication'. It's far from medication..

In any case, this world knows so little about the very basics of humanity - birth, death, astral plane, etheric plane, initation, spirituality, excorcism, etc. that it is no wonder that excorcism is laughable and the knowledge about 'possession' is either completely false or fully denied.

A sad, mad world it is indeed. If these are not the 'ending times', I can't imagine what they would be. Nothing is 'normal' anymore, and what is considered 'normal', is completely sick and insane. A sane individual would be diagnosed with multiple 'disorders' in this kind of a world, and forever labeled "insane".

edit on 6-7-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh I believe in it. If the person believes they are possessed and this "therapy" convinced them they are no longer inhabited by devils.. and they attain some normalcy and are returned to a "normal" life ( from mental illness, etc) Im fine with it. Whatever works.. KWIM?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Human beings do not yet realize it, but they themselves create this disorder within themselves. Ever notice only the Devout get possessed? And usually from Third World countries? Religious indoctrination on an ignorant population will surely cause things like this to happen, especially if these Demons are constantly talked about like in here. These Inferiors would not have any power whatsoever if it were not for Christians always supporting them everywhere they go.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Experience is the best teacher. It's time to head to class. Research this subject with an open mind.

There's more to life than what is seen. We are, none of us, free.

new topics

top topics

join