It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO experiences (with pictures - last two)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ok everyone, this is my first thread so please go easy on me!

Regrettably, I am going back a good few years now so if I appear a bit vague on some details, it is because I am not 100% sure and I don’t want to unintentionally mislead people.

I would like to share a couple of strange sightings I witnessed some years ago and would love to hear your thoughts about what my colleagues and I witnessed.

Sighting 1:

My first sighting occurred back in 2001 and was the reason I became interested in this intriguing (yet controversial) subject.

I was on patrol in North Yorkshire, UK as a Royal Military Police Dog Handler and as part of my normal routine that evening, I took a drive out onto Catterick Military Training Area, just South West of the small town of Richmond, in order to exercise my dog.

click to enlarge

Having just entered the edge of the training area, I parked my vehicle in my usual spot (marked below), switched off the engine and got out of the vehicle.

click to enlarge

Just for clarification, here are two satellite images of where I was parked and the direction I was facing.

click to enlarge

At this point I would like to mention that it was approximately 2300 hrs and therefore, was quite dark. As you can see from the image above, it is very rural so there is little to no light pollution at night.

I then got out my Common Weapon Sight (CWS) night sight to check that there were no exercising troops in the immediate area before I let the land shark out! Upon looking through the sight I could see that visibility was very good due to it being a clear night, thus enabling the sight to function at its best. I could clearly see the ground in detail and easily identify the highest points of the horizon which were approximately nine miles away from me at their furthest point. (I can provide optical characteristics of the CWS if required).

As I was scanning from right to left I remember seeing the flashing lights of what I thought to be a plane, flying quite low in the sky. It was travelling from right to left. I did not take the time to observe these lights straight away, as to be honest, at first glance they did not seem to be significant. I just registered them in the back of my mind and carried on observing the open ground in front of me.

As I was scanning back left to right I noticed that the lights had travelled quite a distance in the few seconds I had taken to observe the ground. I focused the CWS on these lights and it was then that I realised that the lights were not blinking in the conventional formation you see on planes or helicopters, but were flashing on and off in a smooth motion from left to right, then right to left in quick succession. The best way I can explain this, is if you imagine the lights on the front of KIT in Knight Rider! The lights were also now stationary in the sky and did not appear to be advancing towards me or moving away. The lights also appeared to be a lot closer to me than when I first noticed them.

I then tried to observe the lights without the aid of the CWS, giving enough time for my right eye to adjust to the darkness. I can recall I could see the stars quite clearly and could make out the horizon in the distance, but could not see these lights anywhere. I then put the CWS back to my eye and it was then that I saw five more of these sets of lights had appeared and were all hovering close to each other in a formation like I have crudely drawn out below!

I appreciate the formation is not dissimilar to that of the plough constellation however, I could clearly see these each of these strange set of lights were swooshing back and forth, and that three of them were below the horizon. I could not see any objects behind these lights.

Obviously I found this quite strange as I could not explain how the five other sets of lights had just appeared around the other in just a few seconds. I observed these lights for about 2 – 3 minutes and I could only see them through the image intensifying CWS. I initially thought that they might have been military helicopters but I could think of no reason for them to be hovering together like that and there was no noise emanating from these objects whatsoever, despite there being a light breeze blowing towards me. I estimate that the lowest set of lights was only a couple of hundred metres (at most) from the ground and as I recall, they appeared to be hovering relatively close to the small town of Leyburn, which would have been forbidden for military aircraft (though I accept, not impossible to rule out pilots breaking aviation guidelines).

I immediately returned to the Police Station as I wanted to get someone else to witness what I was seeing. For those that are wondering why I didn’t radio for a patrol to join me at the scene, I would like to state that at the time, I just couldn’t think of anything reasonable to say over the net without (a) sounding like I had lost my mind or (b), seeming like I was trying to wind my shift up.

Having picked up one of my colleagues from the Police Station, we returned to the spot though I was doubtful there would be anything there when we returned. From the time I left until the time we returned, I would say that I was away for about twenty minutes. Upon arriving back at the scene, I began looking through the CWS again and this time I saw one of these sets of lights hovering approximately 1500 metres away over a small copse on top of a small hill just off to our left. I immediately (and triumphantly!!) handed my colleague the CWS and asked him what he thought it was, to which he replied, “I don’t know what the f*** that is”!. I have marked the copse in the image below.

He then suggested we drive over to the copse so we could get a better look. We then drove up the track towards the copse and upon getting there and searching through the CWS again, realised that the lights had moved and were now hovering over where we had just parked! We returned to the original spot and upon searching again, established that the lights were no longer to be seen.

I would like to stress that at no time could my colleague and I see any lights with the naked eye and that the lights were only visible through the image intensified CWS. In addition, we never heard any audible noise given off by these lights/aircraft.

Interestingly, I started going looking for these lights to return and approximately two weeks later, I was sat in the van at the exact same place when a sudden intense bright white light appeared in the sky. I remember initially thinking it was ‘paralume’ (shown in the picture below) but it was far too bright and appeared to be shining straight onto my van. Instead of gliding slowly back down to the ground it was as if it was fixed in the sky and I could not see a smoke trail coming from it. I thought it might have been a Nightsun light from a helicopter but again, there was no noise to be heard. I found it strange when my dog became quite restless in the back of the van when this happened, but it may have been coincidence. After a few seconds the light slowly went out, as if controlled by a dimmer switch.

I went to the area countless more times but never saw anything similar to what I saw that night.
edit on 6/4/2012 by maskedkhan because: refined content

edit on 6/4/2012 by maskedkhan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Paralume Image:

click to enlarge

Sighting 2:

My other significant sighting occurred on Sat 23 Nov 2002, roughly between 1515 hrs and 1540 hrs.

On this occasion a colleague and I were on a routine patrol in Bergen Hohne, Germany, when we noticed what appeared to be a disc shaped object hovering in the sky above Lohheide, which is also a Military Training Area. I remember that the sun appeared to be shining off it as if it had a highly reflective surface. Now I have not ruled out the fact that this may have been a balloon or the sun reflecting off a window of an aircraft so I am looking for a bit of help in trying to confirm what it may have been.

As a bit of background, we noticed the object as it suddenly appeared in the sky about three to four miles to the West of us and about two thousand feet in altitude at best guess. We watched it hover for a few seconds before it disappeared and reappeared further to the right and much higher than the first time. It then disappeared again and reappeared lower and to the left of the first position we saw it. We witnessed this for several minutes and each time it would appear in a completely different area of the sky, as if at random.

It is hard to explain in words but I guess I am trying to say that I wasn’t able to track the object through the sky on a predictable trajectory say, from left to right. It would just be in one place one second and a completely different place another.

Anyway, I returned to my accommodation within Barracks and grabbed my camera before returning to the spot marked in the image below.

click to enlarge

I took two photographs of the object before it disappeared completely. I’ll make my apologies now as this occurred a few years ago now and at the time I owned a Canon DIGITAL IXUS v, so the images are pretty grainy and pixelated.

It is worthy of note that there is a small airport situated approximately 12 miles to the east of where I was when I observed the object and according to their website, are open on weekends between 0800 hrs and 1800 hrs so not sure, it might have been light aircraft.

Here is an image of the area map.

click to enlarge

Here are the two photographs I took.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

On a final note, please offer me some serious suggestions as to what my colleagues and I may have seen. I once forwarded these pictures to a UFO website a few years ago (the one and only time) and their e-mail response was…..’It’s just light’. You can imagine how enlightened I was after such an in depth explanation!!

[color=PastelGreen]Photoshop guru's - please feel free to enhance the pictures as I lack the technical wizardry !!

I look forward to your responses!

Thanks in advance.
edit on 6/4/2012 by maskedkhan because: refined content

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ahaaa ufo experience with pictures....kinda lead me to believe you had pictures of a ufo.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Well....I 'can't identify' the 'object' that's 'flying' in the last two pictures.....does that count?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Dear fellow member -

Very good post. I was going to ask more about the CWS, but then I re-read and answered my own question. lol

I find it very intriguing that night vision could pick "them" up. Please forgive my ignorance, but what kind of light could "they" have been using on the craft that was able to not be seen with the naked eye?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 4LPH483T50UP

Thankyou.

This I am unsure of this myself. Could be that the lights were very dim and I couldn't see them from the distances involved and the CWS intensified them as it should any light or, the lights were lit with Infra Red bulbs. I just don't know

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would have added more

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks. Another thing did the "KITT" lights go left-to-right-to-left or did it just repeat in one direction?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Here we go...I wondered how long it would take.

My friend I am many things, but I am not a liar or a hoaxer. As my thread said at the end, take it somewhere else please.

Oh and in case you missed it.....

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually debunk.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

They went 'left-to-right-to-left'

Or was it right to left to right?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ok sorry. It was an honest question - sorry for being curious and apparently missing the short bus this morning. whatever. I still appreciate the story but I can tell when I've over-stayed my welcome. Thank you for your time.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
I would have added more

So, because all ufo photos can be re-done in photoshop, that means that he is lying. Sigh!
That means everyone is lying when they show ufo photos. Im not saying that these photos are real, but to just dismiss them, and the witness is just closed and narrow minded. Why not just say " im not saying you are lying, but i need more evidence" rather than straight away calling him a hoaxer

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Sincere apologies, I think you got the wrong end of the stick.

I am not poking fun at you. Quite the opposite in fact.

I swear I am genuinely grateful, as you are the only one who hasn't had a pop at my thread thus far.

Was just my English humour

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I didn't say he was a liar i was just saying what I would have done.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maskedkhan
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Well....I 'can't identify' the 'object' that's 'flying' in the last two pictures.....does that count?

Is that a joke.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
No. It was a reply to your post.

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
Ahaaa ufo experience with pictures....kinda lead me to believe you had pictures of a ufo.

Was that?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
reply to post by Jay-morris

I didn't say he was a liar i was just saying what I would have done.

come on dude! Why dont you admit what you were trying
to say!. You were trying to be a smart#ss by adding the extra
objects, as if to prove that the pgoto is fake.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 6-4-2012 by DavidWillts because: not worth it

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks for a great thread.
I'd love to see what you have seen. Really strange that they were seemingly hidden to the naked eye.

Not sure that a grouping of cylon eyes floating in the sky could be misinterpreted as man made, unless someone was test flying a string of infared pulse controlled led'd kites at 11 at night in a military type zone. Could it have been some sort of target for infared missile guidence or something ? Wouldn't really go a long way to explaining how it moved about as you described though, even if there were such a thing.

If it happened like you say, quite a tough one to debunk I'd say.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maskedkhan

i believe you saw something sir. I saw my first a few years ago, and didn't even think to grab a camera. Now all i have is an incredible memory and a secret i can't talk to even my family about. I was in awe. And what's the point? It'd just be picked apart, the picture, as if i CG'd it.

Was your K-9 antsy during the first sighting? I mean the object may have been a bit too far away for him/her to sense. But u say the dog got restless in the back of the van during your second encounter? If in doubt, remember that animals have that "sixth" sense we've all forgotten how to listen to. You should remember that detail of your experience to help swallow all of this. i believe in your second encounter, the dog wanted to get out of that situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join