It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Here is the States what those videos show is call felony hit and run. It is considered a crime in many countries including, I am sure, Iraq. This is not anti-American propaganda. It is what it is. This is a blantant disregard for human rights and criminal behavior.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This video reminds me of the Playstation game Twisted Metal. I think that many of the contractors there are severely immature and also believe that they are playing a video game where there's no consequences. Like the host states "These are real people" and their cars are one of their prized possessions, but they just slam into the cars as though they are tin cans in the road.

The video where it shows the woman getting hit -- sure, she was walking towards the road, but the video is shot at such a distance that we're unable to see if the vehicle clipped her or swerved to hit her. At any rate, it's obvious that she didn't throw herself at the SUV. You can see a couple of men running to her aid. These are real people and the ones driving the SUVs are dangerous, maniacle beasts. They didn't even have the decency to stop to see if she was OK. For shame!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's why Im calling propaganda... You don't know WHY they were driving like that... They probably were in a hot zone, and had some serious gun fire raining... Granted these guys act like as the previous posted stated "video game like" but only in certain regards (theres no real chain of command)

its still propaganda... trying to make a contractor of the US look like the bad guy.... Its a dirty job, someone has to do it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

were in a hot zone, and had some serious gun fire raining...

Did you watch the entire video?
If they were in a hot zone as you're rationalizing, why does everyone else keep staring at the men in the SUV? Why are they not trying to get away from gun fire? Also, why does one of the men in the SUV yell out to a bystander on the street, "What are you lookin' at?" as though he's Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Here's why Im calling propaganda... You don't know WHY they were driving like that... They probably were in a hot zone, and had some serious gun fire raining... Granted these guys act like as the previous posted stated "video game like" but only in certain regards (theres no real chain of command)

its still propaganda... trying to make a contractor of the US look like the bad guy.... Its a dirty job, someone has to do it.

Here is why I'm calling you sympathizers pathetic...just listen to the audio that the American accented, English speakers are spouting off. They are not in fear...they are not scared about their personal being. They ARE treating this like a game. It's like sport. Listen to them. Listen to their howls of excitement. Listen to them try to intimidate the people of that land.

Again...WHY are you guys even here?

ETA: Look at :54 - watch the guy with the m16 or Famas (cant tell personally) who appears to be the one filming as well point the gun at the civilians in the car. (he might even fire it but we can't tell) and then listen to his buddy say "there ya go".

I cannot believe anyone is trying to defend this.
edit on 4/6/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Here is why I'm calling you sympathizers pathetic...just listen to the audio that the American accented, English speakers are spouting off. They are not in fear...they are not scared about their personal being. They ARE treating this like a game. It's like sport. Listen to them. Listen to their howls of excitement. Listen to them try to intimidate the people of that land.

Again...WHY are you guys even here?

I'm assuming you havent been in a war zone

things happen

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Disgusting, makes me ashamed of being an American.

At least stop and give that poor women assistance, but to continue to drive by is unconscionable. This is just another example of why the U.S. is hated overseas!

The first video shows how some U.S. soldiers feel entitled to do what ever they want. "What are you looking at," he sounds like a thug wanting to start a fight after he's the one that is purposely intimidating the people walking on the street.

We're like the bully on the block. For every innocent life we take, we create a terrorist who wants revenge on the U.S...s&f.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Its a dirty job, someone has to do it.

Really? I must have missed that when I read the Constitution. I missed the part where it said someone had to kill someone else.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
At least stop and give that poor women assistance, but to continue to drive by is unconscionable. This is just another example of why the U.S. is hated overseas!

I guess they never read "A Tale of Two Cities".

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Swills

Disgusting, makes me ashamed of being an American.

The first video shows how some U.S. soldiers feel entitled to do what ever they want. "What are you looking at," he sounds like a thug wanting to start a fight after he's the one that is purposely intimidating the people walking on the street.

We're like the bully on the block. For every innocent life we take, we create a terrorist who wants revenge on the U.S...s&f.

While I agree with you I want to continue to make it clear these are not US troops. They are hired mercenaries/goons from a US firm called Black Water, that were hired to train the Iraqi police and military. Does anyone feel comfortable with these men training anyone? Not I!

en.wikipedia.org...

Blackwater Security Consulting (BSC) was formed in 2001, and based in Moyock, North Carolina. The company is one of the private security firms employed during the Iraq War to guard officials and installations, train Iraq's new Army and Police, and provide other support for Coalition Forces.[2] The company was started to help train SEALS for combat. However, in the aftermath of 9/11, civilian security teams were needed by the United States Military.[3]

Before 2001, tier-one contractors, or former members of elite, special forces units, were hired from a small pool of applicants. After the 9/11 attacks, Cofer Black, the former head of counter terrorism at the CIA requested that the federal government hire more contractors to operate overseas. Eventually, the CIA realized that large numbers of civilian contractors would be needed overseas to accomplish its broad goals. That was when it turned to Blackwater.[3]

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ok some people really need to check there eyes! When people who use common sense drive in an area with traffic and pedestrians they use caution! Its the drivers responsibility to make sure they dont hit pedestrians and these drivers CLEARLY show no regard for the safety of the people around them. They were clearly not staying in a lane and were clearly driving to fast so yea they are at fault. Would this situation get serious legal action against the driver if it happend over here?

AK fire is an obviously stupid lie and not one shot can be heard in the first or second video and they way the mercenaries talked to the people walking about was discusting and tells me they dont regard them as people.
'

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
]The video where it shows the woman getting hit -- sure, she was walking towards the road, but the video is shot at such a distance that we're unable to see if the vehicle clipped her or swerved to hit her. At any rate, it's obvious that she didn't throw herself at the SUV. You can see a couple of men running to her aid. These are real people and the ones driving the SUVs are dangerous, maniacle beasts. They didn't even have the decency to stop to see if she was OK. For shame!

How do you know that is a women
and not a man in a burqa ready to
let a bomb go off on the side of the road?
Gurilla warfare hurts everyone, especially
the people in that country supporting it..
Don't know who is who..
Blatant propaganda no one got *rolled over*
That is a lie!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

things happen

Stop assuming. ATS Motto: Deny Ignorance - If you don't know, just ask. That's usually the best way to find something out.

You don't know anything about me and what I posted is ZERO indication of whether someone is hardened to a war zone or not. As I stated...these guys are out for sport. This has nothing to do with war.

These are brainwashed young guys who are excited to go make 6 figures to terrorize people that they have been told are "terrorists". It's called indoctrination and it happened to much of our youth through the televised propaganda machine.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Yeah, I guess claiming contractors were "driving over an iraqi woman" is just too confusing of a title for some people. Perhaps it should read, "Blackwater committing criminal hit-and-run incidences in Iraq".

It looks to me like the woman stepped off the curb as the vehicle swerved toward her, for whatever reason, and she was hit by the vehicle as it drove by. This would be a clear case of felony hit and run in America. It is just as much criminal behavior there as it is here. Like I said, "It is what it is".

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

things happen

Stop assuming. ATS Motto: Deny Ignorance - If you don't know, just ask. That's usually the best way to find something out.

You don't know anything about me and what I posted is ZERO indication of whether someone is hardened to a war zone or not. As I stated...these guys are out for sport. This has nothing to do with war.

These are brainwashed young guys who are excited to go make 6 figures to terrorize people that they have been told are "terrorists". It's called indoctrination and it happened to much of our youth through the televised propaganda machine.

You are ASSUMING these guys are out for sport... Do you know the real story? Were you there? I want a first hand account before I take half done videos as proof... DENY ignorance

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You're right, they didn't roll over her. But they hit her and just left her at the side of the road to potentially die.

The fact you're pathetically attempting to justify their actions is sad and shameful.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Look
It painfully obvious that that womaan threw herself at the vehicle because she was trying to detonate the booby bombs that the TSA is (rightly) so scared of.
Pastie detonators are still in their technological infancy though
so its only by pure Luck that any of those soldiers survived at all...

Im surprised after such a horrendous attempt to resist the invaders that the whole area wasn't carpet bombed with du heavy penetrators and chemical munitions..
i mean come on: at least vaccinate everyone on the block so the area is eventually sanitized....totally

say what does BLANKET IMUNITY mean anyway?
and why would one even want that...if one is morally on the high ground?

edit on 6-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

You're so obviously delusional. I guess we can now say that as long as someone is dressed in a burka or hoodie, they are up to no good.
You're pathetic. Keep playing your what if game. I'm starting to believe that you're on the side of the men in the SUV because they're most likely of a lighter-skinned ethnicity.

I see something totally different
Some people are seeing what they are told
they are suppose to see from that talking
head. THINK people.. That video is only trying
to rouse people when they have no facts on it
except the person telling them what there *suppose* to know..
Get past this and obove the propaganda.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join