It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

www.youtube.com

Cenk Uygur discusses a video recently released by Harper's Magazine that shows private contractors from Blackwater in Iraq hitting cars in traffic and running over a woman then fleeing the scene.

Blackwater is the mercenary firm founded as Blackwater USA in 1996 by former Navy SEAL and fundamentalist Christian Erik Prince. It received no-bid contracts from the Bush administration in Iraq, Afghanistan, and post-Katrina New Orleans. In 2009, Prince resigned as CEO. Amid scandals over misbehavior by Blackwater employees in Iraq, the company renamed itself Blackwater Worldwide in 2007, Xe Serv
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here's the article The Young Turks got their videos from. More videos, descriptions, and pictures below.

“The Warrior Class”: The Blackwater Videos

harpers.org...

The April 2012 issue of Harper’s Magazine includes “The Warrior Class,” a feature by Charles Glass on the rise of private-security contractors since 9/11. The conclusion to the piece describes a series of videos shown to Glass by a source who had worked for the private-security company Blackwater (now Academi, formerly also Xe Services) in Iraq. Clips and photos from the videos are shown below, introduced by Glass’s descriptions:

edit on 6-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is a YouTube video given to us by the Young Turks. Here you'll see two videos of private contractors from Black Water in Iraq driving like crazy men through crowded Iraqi streets. They have no respect for the laws or people there, so much so they actually run over on woman and the entire Black Water entourage just keeps on driving.

If martial law were implemented in the USA I image it would look like this.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Southtown POD is the music
and might I say exceptional
choice, I love POD.

First video
They did not run anyone over
they acidently hit a car that
was blocking the road!
Blatant propaganda

Second part, the lady clearly walks
where the car is going to hit her,
this is not the military so can't blaim them
edit on 6-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

+75 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

No one said anyone got run over in the first video, just you. I can't believe you watched this video and are defending the Black Water folks. These non military men are using US military vehicles are driving like mad men through crowded streets throwing all caution to the wind as THEY hit the other cars because THEY are driving like loons. Then in the SECOND video, THEY hit a woman and keep on trucking. DISGUSTING.

It looks like I will continue to disagree with everything you say and stand for. You earned a

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Driving over iraqi woman eh????

I must have been watching a different video.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

No one said anyone got run over in the first video, just you. I can't believe you watched this video and are defending the Black Water folks. It looks like I will continue to disagree with everything you say and stand for.

You earned a

I am not defending anyone
but when any stopped car
or women next to the road could
be armed with a bomb ready to kill you..
Things get hectic. The video is blatant anti-american
propaganda all i'm saying.

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

So you missed the part where the US Black Water contractors drove over an Iraqi woman?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Retikx

So you missed the part where the US Black Water contractors drove over an Iraqi woman?

That did not happen..
She did not get ran over,
she threw herself into the
side of the suv and she looked
fine nothing *ROLLED* OVER her.
Lies.

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
The video is blatant anti-american

And you're obviously buying into the whole "everyone is out to get Americans" propaganda that is blasted by the MSM everyday.

What are you even doing here at ATS???

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

No one said anyone got run over in the first video, just you. I can't believe you watched this video and are defending the Black Water folks. It looks like I will continue to disagree with everything you say and stand for.

You earned a

I am not defending anyone
but when any stopped car
or women next to the road could
be armed with a bomb ready to kill you..
Things get hectic. The video is blatant anti-american

No, you are clearly defending them in the guise of calling this propaganda. You are assuming a woman crossing the street is a suicide bomber so with your assumption its okay to run her over and to continue without stopping to check on her welfare, you know doing the right thing because you ran her over. You reasoning is the same said propaganda reasoning used time and time during times of conflict, "its war and things happen". No wonder "terrorists" want to kill US troops/contractors if they act like this. Well, hopefully the US troops don't because they actually have to be professional and have consequences to face unlike these contractors.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I watched the whole video and have a couple questions. While they did hit cars and the person did get hit, what was the emergency they were responding to, why did the person walk out in front of the speeding convoy of vehicles, and how do we even know this was Blackwater? I didn't see or hear anything in the video indicating such....the only person that infers this is who was in the video was the reporter in the news station.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No, you are clearly defending them in the guise of calling this propaganda. You are assuming a woman crossing the street is a suicide bomber so with your assumption its okay to run her over and to continue without stopping to check on her welfare, you know doing the right thing because you ran her over. You reasoning is the same said propaganda reasoning used time and time during times of conflict, "its war and things happen". No wonder "terrorists" want to kill US troops/contractors if they act like this. Well, hopefully the US troops don't because they actually have to be professional and have consequences to face unlike these contractors.

Stop the road side, and suicide bombings
and I think things would be different.
They don't show the suv's getting blown
up by someone who looks to be a women
which could just be a man in a burqa with a suicide
bomb blowing up innocent people do they?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

If you watch the video again, you know the beginning, the answers you ask were already answered.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If you watch the video again, you know the beginning, the answers you ask were already answered.

Ok...just watched it again, and the ONLY person who says these guys are Blackwater or even Americans in general is the guy behind the desk that is telling us to watch the video. Is there ANYTHING in the ACTUAL video that references Blackwater at all? I only ask because this is yet another post about something unverified and unsourced outside of a youtube video. Please correct me if I am wrong and show me (post the time in the ACTUAL video) where I can see this is whom/what you say it is.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Stop the road side, and suicide bombings
and I think things would be different.
They don't show the suv's getting blown
up by someone who looks to be a women
which could just be a man in a burqa with a suicide
bomb blowing up innocent people do they?

I may have to do a bit of research but as far as my memory serves suicide bombers do not walk into traffic in hopes to blow up a US vehicle. That would be stupid, even for a suicide bomber, because it does not guarantee a kill, as seen in this video if your crazy theory were correct. IEDs is what US forces/contractors fear, and for good reason, they're really effective. US forces do not fear random women/people looking to cross a street

en.wikipedia.org...

In the 2003–2011 Iraq War, IEDs have been used extensively against coalition forces and by the end of 2007 they have been responsible for at least 64% of coalition deaths in Iraq.[1]

Common locations for placing these bombs on the ground include animal carcasses, soft drink cans, and boxes. Typically they explode underneath or to the side of the vehicle to cause the maximum amount of damage; however, as vehicle armor was improved on military vehicles, insurgents began placing IEDs in elevated positions such as on road signs, utility poles, or trees, in order to hit less protected areas.

I'm done arguing with you. You may respond but I will just ignore you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Ok...just watched it again, and the ONLY person who says these guys are Blackwater or even Americans in general is the guy behind the desk that is telling us to watch the video. Is there ANYTHING in the ACTUAL video that references Blackwater at all? I only ask because this is yet another post about something unverified and unsourced outside of a youtube video. Please correct me if I am wrong and show me (post the time in the ACTUAL video) where I can see this is whom/what you say it is.

Again, watch the video from the beginning and you might hear this, or read the YouTube description page....

Harper's Magazine writer Charles Glass got his hands on some videos from private Black Water contractors in Iraq. He's calling them the warrior class and is doing a feature on them.

Must some people be spoon fed the obvious? So anyway, Charles Glass is going to be doing a feature on this so expect more from these videos and probably more, along with an article written all about it.

Here's the link to Harpers Mag, harpers.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
yeahhhh I watched both videos... I didnt see the Blackwater guys run over anyone... I did see however a woman throwing herself at the vehicle...

theres a difference

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join