It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise in USA Thyroid & Cancer: 31 of America's Nuclear Reactors *ALREADY* in FUKUSHIMA condition!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
31 US nuke reactors are ALREADY in Fukushima condition!

including one right outside of NYC & Long Island - and hidden from view culprit for soaring cases of Thyroid Disease & various Cancers especially in CHILDREN.

www.nuclearpowerdanger.com...

the reason presented why the Government simply won't come clean and admit it, is that they simply cannot evacuate 17 MILLION people from the northeast.

US gov/officials even had the audacity to publish multiple faked research findings claiming no correlation whatsoever.

Basically, "let them suffer and die".

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you really wanna give substance to your story... do your own field research get a geiger counter and post some real facts.

Be humanitys savior

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This vid is very informative. I have always suspected that the problems with the nuclear reactors in the U.S. are many, but maybe out of fear or feeling hopeless I haven't really looked into it. The reason I bothered to watch the video is because you mentioned NYC in the description. I live about 4 hours from the city. If anything happened, I do believe I would be screwed. I hate this topic though. I cannot move. We must stay here. If we were to evacuate, assuming we were told that we needed to, I don't know where we would go!

Anyway, good post.

Holy cow! This site shows all the nuke reactors in the U.S. www.nrc.gov...
edit on 12-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: added link

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

This Video is not very informative, instead they are creating much more Insecurity

As far as i know, which is a lot of Mainstream News, there is no Reactor
in the state of a Melt-Down like we see in F'Shima.

There is "a danger of a Meltdown" but this is a big difference!

Also we here in Japan knew since 03/11 that Daiichi was hit
and that the Cooling was not working,
that we faced a Meltdown everyone knew on the 03/14 to 15
(the great Exodus/ Escape also started on 14-15 of March)
because we had a permanent Live News Coverage
from the Plants (not only Daiichi, there was more)
on 6 different National Channels + countless Cable Stations!

The first Evacuation around Daiichi started afir already 4 Hours after the Quake
and the second at Night!
edit on 12-4-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I guess the title may be deceiving, but what I got out of the vid was the fact that most of the nuke reactors were built in the 1960's and they were only supposed to be in use for 20 to 40 years. I guess I would have to look that up. Also, they talked about how repairs and maintenance needs to be done but because of money, they put off the repairs and whatnot. Scary anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have a couple of nuke plants near by and the feds are checking and double checking things and ordering upgrades if needed. I'm not worried. One to the north is getting a new cooling tower the one south is getting a full systems upgrade on 1 reactor and the other in the fall

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a little addition to your thread.

source

Fuel Pool 35 Miles from Major American City – which Is Highly Vulnerable to Earthquakes – Contains More Radioactive Cesium than Released By Fukushima, Chernobyl and All Nuclear Bomb Tests COMBINED

Scared yet?

Lets continue

The spent fuel pools at Fukushima are currently the top short-term threat to humanity. But fuel pools in the United States store an average of ten times more radioactive fuel than stored at Fukushima, have virtually no safety features, and are vulnerable to accidents and terrorist attacks.

If the water drains out for any reason, it will cause a fire in the fuel rods, as the zirconium metal jacket on the outside of the fuel rods could very well catch fire within hours or days after being exposed to air.

(Even a large solar flare could knock out the water-circulation systems for the pools.) The pools are also filling up fast, according to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission:

For nearly 30 years, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) waste-storage requirements have remained contingent on the opening of a permanent waste repository that has yet to materialize. Now that the Obama administration has cancelled plans to build a permanent, deep disposal site at Yucca Mountain in Nevada, spent fuel at the nation’s 104 nuclear reactors will continue to accumulate and are likely remain onsite for decades to come.

According to Energy Department data:
The spent fuel stored at 28 reactor sites have between 200-450 million curies of long-lived radioactivity;
19 reactor sites have generated between 100-200 million curies in spent fuel;
24 reactor sites have generated about 10-100 million curies.

Over the past 30 years, there have been at least 66 incidents at U.S. reactors in which there was a significant loss of spent fuel water. Ten have occurred since the September 11 terrorist attacks, after which the government pledged that it would reinforce nuclear safety measures.

I implore you to read the rest of the article.

Fukushima was bad and still is very very bad.

But if things were to go wrong in the US, it would be much much worse.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Of course, no doubt

They need to go Off-line and should be dismantled ASAP !

But i think they used a wrong Way to get Attention
because when i hear that and start to Research and see
that no NUKE Plant is in a acute Melt Down i think also
that everything else is incorrect!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Seems like they were all built on top of fault lines too. What a coincedence

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
most usa nuclear reactors on fault lines

90something % of north america's population resides in the faultline/fracking area of the northeast

more being built, still yet..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This was just mentioned in a segment on Alex Jones show. Very scary stuff. People don't seem to understand the massive dangers of these reactors

top topics

join