It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: I Think the President Is Dangerously Close to Totalitarianism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wow.... This is one judge who continues to not be afraid to speak his mind. Watch this brief youtube.com video for one of his latest diatribes.

The judge of course is well known to many members of ATS. Any thoughts on his latest comments?

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No modern President has questioned the Supreme Courts right to "make" a decision.

The President is pushing TOWARDS Totalitarianism. Thats what he wants.

S&F

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

The Judge is telling it like it is.
If you think Nixon, Clinton or Bush was bad, Berry is much much worse.
I hope the football is far far away.
SnF
edit on 4-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Obama doesn't give a # about other branches of the Government because he seems to think he is God, the supreme authority with absolutely centralized power free to act beyond the decisions of congress and the supreme court. The problem is, people should have already realized by now that this is the way Obama is rather than having to hear it from someone like Judge Napolitano.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So, now that the Judges show was taken off the air he now has to sit down in front of a total idiot (sympathetic idiot) and now has to fit his comments into a segment.

How dumb can we be....

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
IMO...the Judge is 100% right.

Let's not forget the number of avowed Communists that Obama has surrounded himself with...or the special powers he has been angling for, to be able to arrest and hold American citizens at home for being "suspected terrorists" or enemies of the State.

If he gets re-elected...first, American voters by doing so, would be demonstrating the ultimate proof that they are completely blind...don't be surprised to find him orchestrating an extreme "national emergency" that would require him to stay in office beyond his mandate to manage the crisis.

...King Obama the First

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Seriously,I don't care if Obama was a Republican,Democrat,Independent,or outright Communist.His Job as President,is a GIGANTIC failure. People need to look past Party lines,and vote this man out. 4 more years,will bring the death of this Country . I look at it this way. What has Obama done to make my life any better? What has Obama done to make this Country any better? Honestly,I cant think of anything.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I happen to totally agree with your assessment that Obama's presidency overall has been an utter failure. All he continued to do is strip away the freedoms of everyday Americans and cater to special interests. I find it amazing that Obama was a Constitutional scholar as well as taking the oath of presidency to uphold and defend the constitution while picking it apart before our very eyes.

Unfortunately, as of right now, It seems like he will get another four years in office which is bad news for most of us. People are still caught up in the two party paradigm. It is my wish that we as Americans can one day see past that and vote in people who actually take to heart the interests of the American people and hold them accountable when they don't.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Napolitano is a little late to the party.

This country has been running full tilt toward a kind of
neo-feudalism for quite some time.
edit on 5-4-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Hold on, wasn't Obama technically a dictator by the time he was elected in the view of rightwingers? If you asked Napolitano whether Obama was dangerously close to tolalitarianism back in 2009 or 2010, what would he say then? That Obama was slightly but not dangerously close to tolitarianism?

I thought this guy wasn't with Fox news anymore?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Hold on, wasn't Obama technically a dictator by the time he was elected in the view of rightwingers? If you asked Napolitano whether Obama was dangerously close to tolalitarianism back in 2009 or 2010, what would he say then? That Obama was slightly but not dangerously close to tolitarianism?

I thought this guy wasn't with Fox news anymore?

Heck,NOBODY knew who or what Obama was in 2006-2008 . I know hes a lousy President now. Why? Because hes done nothing to make this Country great . Hes done nothing to help my family or friends out . His policy's are smoke and mirrors.When you can put that into perspective,and really see that this President,has fallen short on fixing the mess the prior President or Presidents inflicted on us,it becomes apparent,that he shouldn't get another 4 years. Unless,you believe that he should. If so,I would love to hear Why .

Peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I think the good judge is absolutely on the money as usual. Obama does think he has ultimate authority. This is obvious by the way he's governed and the things he's said. 

Making recess appointments when there was NO RECESS? What??

He's a Harvard law professor yet he questions the Supreme Courts authority to overturn something congress signed?? Are you kidding??

The only thing Obama is missing is a throne and crown. 

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Seriously,I don't care if Obama was a Republican,Democrat,Independent,or outright Communist.His Job as President,is a GIGANTIC failure. People need to look past Party lines,and vote this man out. 4 more years,will bring the death of this Country . I look at it this way. What has Obama done to make my life any better? What has Obama done to make this Country any better? Honestly,I cant think of anything.

The economy keeps adding jobs every month, going from a point from where it was losing
750,000 a month to gaining 250,000 a month.

Does that count at all or is a million job spread really just poor performance?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

The economy keeps adding jobs every month, going from a point from where it was losing

Again,WHAT economic growth? You have been shown,in other threads,that its a shell game. I don't understand why you keep using Job "growth",like its real . Tell that to the 2000 people who work for Yahoo,who were just given Pink slips. Ask those in the inner city's of America,how the Job rate,is working out for them. Tell those folks who have to go on food stamps,in record numbers,how the Job Growth is working out for them.Really,is there ANYTHING that you can say,is helping out our economy,that Obama has actually done,that he can say" I honestly helped EVERY American citizen out today ?"

Right..............

Silently waiting for a response.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The Supreme Court decided every arrest deserves a strip search and corporations are people. i dont think its Obama's healthcare that's turning this country into a Totalitarian state... It's conservative judges.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Again,WHAT economic growth? You have been shown,in other threads,that its a shell game. I don't understand why you keep using Job "growth",like its real . Tell that to the 2000 people who work for Yahoo,who were just given Pink slips. Ask those in the inner city's of America,how the Job rate,is working out for them. Tell those folks who have to go on food stamps,in record numbers,how the Job Growth is working out for them.Really,is there ANYTHING that you can say,is helping out our economy,that Obama has actually done,that he can say" I honestly helped EVERY American citizen out today ?"

Right..............

Silently waiting for a response.

Sonny, the same exact methods for counting employment in Jan 2009 are used today.
Doesn't that make sense to you? It means that there is a 1,000,000 positive spread.
It is not like they are using a new method to measure employment and unemployment,
measurement has been consistent this whole time. If you are just emotionally biased say that, but
don't stick you fingers in your ears and ignore the truth or change the bar.

Here is a UK source 8.3% unemployment Jan 2012
www.guardian.co.uk...

Last April it was 9.6% - 2011

using the exact same data

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

If you are just emotionally biased say that, but
don't stick you fingers in your ears and ignore the truth or change the bar.

Sigh.....

Again,you answered NONE of the questions presented to you,but you give me your ONLY response,with statistical figures,that don't mean anything to the average American citizen,who DOESN'T have a Job,and still cant find a Job. Right? None of this is HELPING the American citizens in General.

Maybe this will help. Its really a simplistic way of "explaining" to you how it works.

Yet, thirty-three months since the "recovery" officially started, and the unemployment rate still hasn’t fallen below 8.3 percent. Unfortunately, the recent “good news” on the drop in initial unemployment insurance claims and job number increases don’t mean what reporters think they mean.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has estimated the number of new hires each month since December 2000. From that date to when the recent recession that started in December 2007, 5.1 million Americans were hired on average each month. During the recession, that number dropped substantially, with the average falling to 4.4 million hires per month. In December 2008, just before Obama took office, only 4.1 million Americans were hired.

The average December to January job loss over the preceding three years was 3.1 million. So the most recent 2.7 million drop in jobs would indeed appear as relatively small, and would appear as -- in relative terms -- as the economy improving. But how many jobs appear to be created using seasonal adjustment depends a lot on what time period that is being used in comparison. In the five years before the recession, December to January job losses averaged 2.7 million. If pre-recession monthly changes had been used as the base, the most recent relative jobs “gain” would have disappeared.

LINK

Again, skewed Job Growth isn't a good enough excuse to give this man 4 more years. As the Good Judge states,"I Think the President Is Dangerously Close to Totalitarianism." That.....Is a huge problem,in itself.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Frankly, a challenge by a President that the Supreme Court has no right to question the constitutionality of a law should be grounds for impeachment as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have to agree with the above....The Office of president must be redefined for those who take the office.
They have deliberately obliterated the constitution since the Oklahoma practice bomb.
its obvious that 9/11 was another reichtag fire to get more power into the presidency and to start the war on terror.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'd like everyone to stop this talk right now!

The president knows more than you or I.
He's smarter. He sees the big picture. He's doing this for you. He needs to take care of you. You need him to take care of you. Stop relying on industry or corporations for work.

Rely on the governrment. Rely on the government for food (foodstamps) for housing (HUD homes) for medical needs (curse you SCOTUS!) for employment (IRS is hiring, so is TSA!) rely on the government to tell you where and when to protest (ask Van Jones).

Stop critical thinking.
Stop this crazy talk of freedoms. Do you even know what it means? Obama does. As a constitutional lawyer and professor, he always knew more.
Stop speaking out.
Stop name calling. Stop the hate. (Unless it's towards. . . well. . . you know. . . . THEM!)

Idol is on tonight!

Can I make anyone some tea?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join