It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unions Plan to Train 100,000 Occupy Protesters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Kali74

Your movement is imploding and if it gets desperate enough they will take money from whoever is offering it. Including the unions. Hence the blurry and fading lines that separate the 99% Spring from Occupy Wall Street in name only. Reminds me of the constant renaming and rebadging of ACORN.

If Occupy implodes, the only thing that means, is that the Occupy brand and meme might go away. That in itself would not necessarily be a catastrophe; I might even call it a blessing, at this stage in the game.

I would like to see Occupy scatter. Not the group of people themselves be destroyed, at all; but decentralisation would be a strength to them, rather than a weakness. They have given the police a little too much of a single point of focus up until now. I think dividing into smaller groups, and taking such messages as the idea of the co-operative to the people at large, in a quieter manner, may prove vastly more productive than their earlier efforts.

Occupy will not cease to exist. The lightning rod itself may be shed, perhaps, but that will be all.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Perhaps they should get organized enough to get people elected. Nothing will changed just because they want it to. They need to be taken seriously if they will ever be effective and based on what is planned and what is currently happening, they will never gain credibility in the minds of the true majority in this nation. You know, the people who live between the coasts.

Mic. checks don't cut it in the real world of our legislative process.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

Perhaps they should get organized enough to get people elected. Nothing will changed just because they want it to. They need to be taken seriously if they will ever be effective and based on what is planned and what is currently happening, they will never gain credibility in the minds of the true majority in this nation. You know, the people who live between the coasts.

I think, perhaps, that there is some irony involved in first mentioning the need to be taken seriously, and then talking about involvement in the legislative process. If you are implying that the American political system still functions in anything remotely close to a legitimate manner, then I fear that it is your own credibility that has been damaged.
edit on 6-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

reply to post by petrus4

I think, perhaps, that there is some irony involved in first mentioning the need to be taken seriously, and then talking about involvement in the legislative process. If you are implying that the American political system still functions in anything remotely close to a legitimate manner, then I fear that it is your own credibility that has been damaged.
edit on 6-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

If they cannot change things from the inside, things will never change the way they want them. If they want a voice then they need to put up viable candidates who can actually speak clearly and concisely enough to convey the wishes of this movement. But, therein lies the problem. This movement has intentionally avoided negotiations, lists, and solutions because to reach that point would mean that the meaningless protests would have to end. So the list of causes and anger issues continues to grow and will keep growing in an blinded effort to keep the movement going.

We have a legislative process mapped out by our constitution and these people don't want to play. They would rather rewrite the constitution. Not going to happen. They will never be satisfied until our nation is pushed past the tipping point with social and economic chaos left in their wake. Then what?? That won't happen either.

I don't deny that our system has problems and our congress could certainly use an overhaul. I would love nothing more than to see strict term limits in the House and the Senate. I would love to put an end to career politicians who have become millionaires while working as supposed public servants. Therefore, the people need to rally behind freshman candidates who can actually influence the sytem enough to effect change and upset the apple cart.

Occupy movement has a slight anarchy problem. Perhaps they need to clear that up first.
edit on 6-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yahoo!
Where do I sign up?
We 99% are getting hungry and I hear
CEO's and the Elite are delicious.
Something about because they've never done
any real work in their life. Elite Veal anyone?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Go to Chicago during the NATO summit and you'll get free pizza and kool aid. They would love to have you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
NYCGA is also a separate group within OWS and you couldn't pay me to believe a single word coming off Breitbart, they're doing him proud that's for sure. I honestly think all this Occupy business is ideologically beyond your and several others on here comprehension.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The system has to change before any elected official could do a damn thing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

We do not want to rewrite the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
NYCGA is also a separate group within OWS and you couldn't pay me to believe a single word coming off Breitbart, they're doing him proud that's for sure. I honestly think all this Occupy business is ideologically beyond your and several others on here comprehension.

Breitbart is not just making this stuff up. They are taking their information straight from the source as am I

Facilitation Working Group, the group that more or less acts as a neutral overseer to Occupy Wall Street meetings, has decided to defacto disband the Spokes Council and the General Assembly. Without official facilitators to be present at either Spokes or the General Assembly, any such gathering is not official according to occupy wall street rules. Apparently, no minutes takers or live streams will come to these meetings as well. Both Spokes and the General Assembly depending upon facilitation to post new proposals to www.nycga.net

www.nycga.net...

Beyond my comprehension?? That's laughable when I am constantly sourcing these groups directly and sourcing their speeches and conferences as well. It's all coming from their mouths. I even signed up to attend a training session to see what I can I learn and bring home. Should be fun and I'll gladly share if they don't sniff me out first ha ha ha

For some reason, your blinders are impairing your peripheral vision. You won't see the reality until its too late...
edit on 9-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yet somehow OWS had a GA and a WGM the other night....hmm.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Care to source that for me

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I saw it on twitter but can't find it on the site but they're having one tomorrow as well.

General Assembly
Tue. Apr 10 at 7:00 PM Liberty Plaza Rain
60 Wall Street

nycga

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

reply to post by Kali74

Your movement is imploding and if it gets desperate enough they will take money from whoever is offering it. Including the unions. Hence the blurry and fading lines that separate the 99% Spring from Occupy Wall Street in name only. Reminds me of the constant renaming and rebadging of ACORN.

If Occupy implodes, the only thing that means, is that the Occupy brand and meme might go away. That in itself would not necessarily be a catastrophe; I might even call it a blessing, at this stage in the game.

I would like to see Occupy scatter. Not the group of people themselves be destroyed, at all; but decentralisation would be a strength to them, rather than a weakness. They have given the police a little too much of a single point of focus up until now. I think dividing into smaller groups, and taking such messages as the idea of the co-operative to the people at large, in a quieter manner, may prove vastly more productive than their earlier efforts.

Occupy will not cease to exist. The lightning rod itself may be shed, perhaps, but that will be all.

I like the idea of the OWS, it rounds up all the radical left wing looney toons in the country into a few places.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Time for a training sample.

This is from an actual training session. Please try to hold back your laughter until the end of the clip.

And another Gem. This move is called the Civilian. Wow!! The Mic Check is quite amusing. Reminds me of a bunch of blind lemmings.

edit on 11-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You know what I can't help but laugh at is the fact that Bloomberg and his "private army" turned NYC into a place that looks more like a war-zone to protect the people from a few hundred bunnies, those oh so dangerous hippy hoppers.

To be honest though it's an effective tactic against mass arrest and police brutality, you know things that go against the Constitution...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Its not the bunnies that Bloomberg is concerned with. It's the Black Bloc Bunch that have "occupied" his mind and the minds of other mayors across the country. The Black Bloc does not implement these techniques. ha ha ha They will use you and other bunnies as human shields while they carry out their dastardly deeds.

Keep hopping!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Nothing violent or destructive has happened in NYC with protests except by the cops. Which I guess is okay in this instance because you hate Occupy so much, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I dislike the fact that Occupy thinks that they represent me and others like me. Sorry. Time to rework the math to reflect the true percentage of those who can relate to the movement and the people attached to it. I would not expect a high number.

This season should be very telling for Occupy. Either they go out of business, continue to set up tent cities, or they have to become politically involved. If they don't evolve they will die another death just like they did last year due to a failure to evolve into a legitimate political force after months and months of bleeding tax payer dollars used to police and clean up the camps. Hence the push for a new fresh Spring effort. Same people same failure....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Honestly why do we keep having the same conversation? The therm 99% does not mean 99% of Americans in the way you think, it means economically. They are part of the 99% so they have every right to say it. They are involved politically and in my, as well as a decent majority of Americans judging by the change in national dialogue, to a much more effective degree than actually putting forth candidates. Shining light on corruption and citing specifics as a large group nationwide and worldwide even is far more effective than any random blogger or poster on a forum attempting to (not slamming the effort made by individuals).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join