It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe and Transgendered Contestants: A Tricky Social Issue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sh-t - How Utterly Devastating - I guess my beard n bits disqualify me from Miss Universe
They are only jealous of my beauty - I would win for sure if allowed
I guess I will just have to scrap my crowning speech of bringing World Peace and X Factor to all starving brown babys.

edit on 3-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I do not see how TS/TG should be locked up in a mental asylum when TG/ and TS has been an issue since the birth of mankind, pretty much since civilization. Men castration, men dressed up as Geisha . etc etc
Homesexuality and Ts/TG is embedded in human history.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
I don't have a dog in this fight, as I figure that beauty contests are a useless anachronism at best. However, I can't help but juxtapose the following two posts...am I the only one who connects those dots?

Originally posted by LurkerLegacy
they dont even qualify as mutants. they are simply phoney.
its entertaining watching the hippy atheistic crowd bounce back and forth on their positioning with science. When God is the topic you all cower behind science as your end-all-be-all, yet when it doesnt sync up with your liberal hippy "identity" crap you just pretend like it doesnt exist, or no longer applies.
i think ill enter my iguana in the next dog competition.

Originally posted by viperdave
These people were born with the body's that don't match there brains. They have been raped, beaten, mutilated,discriminated against and yes.....murdered!! Just because they are different

Hatred is an ugly thing to behold, especially when a higher power is invoked.

edit on 3-4-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: I was right the first time.

so is truth

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

I respectfully deny your statement.

Try doing some simple research on transgendered people

Google it. It's not that hard, you will find MANY studies over the years that will prove your wrong

Oh and your mother has nothing to do with deciding if your child will be transgendered

Be safe people

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerLegacy

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Hatred is an ugly thing to behold, especially when a higher power is invoked.

so is truth

How inconvenient then, that truth and opinion are not synonymous...especially when dragging in bronze-age middle eastern folk tales as the arbiter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

Invitro nutrition can't affect hormone levels and subsequently the mental future and overall health of a person? Compare the babies of a mother that eats fruits and vegetables(food) to the baby of a dorito and donut diet crackhead. No difference there?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have a friend who is transgender - I accept her for what she is - She is a lesbian transgender former male - so go figure - Sure she has issues like everyone does if they were honest - She certainly would not win a Miss Universe contest - But on the other hand she would laugh at such a concept and also outshine any of the entry's in her Intelligence and Humanity.
And No we are just friends

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

you seem to be confused on my positioning.

but at least you understand the two are not synonymous.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

so if im overweight and i dont like how i look, i should just keep eating fastfood and sit on the couch because, according to you, your god made me to be obese and i should just accept my lot in life.

wake up and smell the coffee, there is no such thing as a normal mental disposition. hell, psychologists/psychiatrists are some of the most mentally unstable people around. in fact they have to go to ANOTHER psychologist to deal with the horror stories they only listened to their clients divulge.

in my experience the people who go into that profession start off suicidal or at least depressed, they go into the mental health professions to justify their own problems and believe that by helping people who also have issues they can heal themselves.

in reality they do become less depressed, but that is just because they see a constant stream of people who actually have it worse off than the aforementioned psychologist. the "mental health professional" then goes home and thnks "well at least i dont have it as bad as so-and-so, i must be more "normal" than i think, because my clients are REALLY crazy"

the level of narcissism in your post is just ridiculous, to think that by forcing a child to believe everything you say is fact.

when in reality doing such a terrible thing is just attempting to obliterate another being's free will for such a petty reason as making that person fit perfectly in your narrow world view.

it is parents like this that made me realize that a child owes NOTHING to their parent, or if you want, their creator.

the reason being, THEY DID NOT HAVE A CHOICE IN BEING CREATED OR HOW THEY WERE CREATED, therefore they have absolutely no responsibility to do anything just because their creator tells them to.

you cant deal with this, so people like you call the ones willing to strive for their own happiness no matter how much opposition they get along the way(regardless of your petty views on right/wrong, good/evil) MONSTERS, MUTANTS, FREAKS.

the truth of the matter is that its thinking that by denying another person happiness, you can achieve your own "happiness" that is MONSTROUS

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I'd go much furtrher and say that anyone who has ever had any medical intervention, either surgery or hormonal treatment to make them more feminine / attractive / beautiful could never be allowed to enter such a competition.
Basically, its cheating.

I agree.

It isn't so much the gender thing. If a full-blown man wanted to enter, I'd say fine, he just probably wouldn't win. BUT, surgically altering one's appearance should not be legal in a "beauty" contest. It is no different than steroids in sports, or using a corked bat, or a special golf club.

On another note. If a "man" is the best Canada has to offer up to the Miss Universe pageant, then there are bigger problems to worry about than whether or not "she" qualifies!! My God! Are though no pageant queens in Canada that can beat out a surgically altered man and make this a non-issue?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAbsolutes

No, I'd like for people to stop mutilating their bodies with unsafe surgeries. I'd like for people to leave natural, healthy lives where they are encouraged to exercise and accept who they are, not fill their heads with all these distractions and ideas about what their bodies have to be. The narcissists and vain folks are the ones who so drastically alter their bodies. I eat good food and exercise ( treating my body as humans have for thousands of years- these surgeries you defend are modern) and let my body shape itself. Why isn't it enough just to be a good human without being worried about your gender? A human is a human is a human.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAbsolutes

this creator your speak of.

he sounds a lot like this other creator everyones always talking about, except the one you mentioned seems kind of self centered.

maybe he should take a lesson from the other one and give his creations free will.

just a thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Also, I never endorsed any psychologist or psychiatrist. I want people to solve their problems by the power of their own mind and goodwill, not through drugs or surgery. You really misunderstand my message. I dream of a world where people don't feel compelled to mutilate their bodies whether it be a 14 year old girl that cuts up her forearms or an adult that 'knows they are the other gender.' People believe all sorts of crazy things, I suspect you do as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

You will find that a majority of TG s stick to the opposite sex for partners

If your born a man and become a woman you can still be attracted to women

Transgenderism has nothing to do with being gay or hetero

And I have also found that mostTG s are very high on the intelligence scale

Be safe people

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why does this even matter? We are talking about a contest that a winner is crowned based entirely on their appearance. She has the same external appearance as every other contestant and should be allowed to participate as such. There is no sane reason to not allow her to. Now if there were rules against body enhancement and body modification that ensured all participants were all on the same natural and genetic only playing field then there might be a case.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

so a child born without a nose shouldnt get surgery to correct what they feel is a deformity? they were born that way right? that is what you are saying, because regardless of how other people react to the child, that child will still feel like they born with a deformity rather than a "gift from god".

give me a break.

ill admit i am only posting this because it makes me feel good to say something when somebody is being hated for being what they believe they are.

i realize that you are not going to change your view, it was so ingrained in you that you cant consider any other views without destroying your own belief system, and that would be inconvenient.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
There is no sane reason to not allow her to.

Besides the fact that it's a dude

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerLegacy

he told me if i question him or do anything he deems bad, he will send me to his lake of fire for eternity based on one decision that threatens his "absolute" "authority" over me.

so no comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"we are all born with the body we are meant to have" really??? I think merrick (the elephant man) would disagree with you.

here is something that Chastity Bono said. ever since when she was a small child she went to bed every night praying that she would wake up as a boy, and every morning she woke up crushed because she was still a girl.

does this sound like a choice??. gay straight, bi, trans we are all people, so much hate, someone called them "it" , that is cruel. we are what we are, at some point we realized who we are attracted to, it's not something we picked.

edit on 3-4-2012 by research100 because: correct spelling and put space between 2 words

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Maybe at one point she was "a dude". Not anymore!!

Are you haveing problems realizing SHE is actualy very attractive!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join