It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrafugia's street-legal prototype flying car makes maiden flight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Very cool idea but I feel the same as a lot of others about it: Impractical, too expensive and they could be doing much better.

Where is my damn jetpack or VTOL car?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just a quick update the car will be at the New York motor show, so if anyone is out and about near the area then perhaps an afternoon with nothing to do might be something you should take a look at.

Oh yeah, and if anyone does go, try and get some pics and upload them for us all.

peace.

New York International Auto Show
edit on 5-4-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
brings a new meaning to the phrase "lets get high" i can just imagine my buddies and i riding and smokin then all the sudden boom were flyin high with the birds

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I live near an airport that has houses on the runway. It is a special community of pilots. The idea of flying to work never panned out for them, unless you work at an airport. Landing a Terrafugia on any public road would be a disaster waiting to happen. no flying cars for us. But we were promised flying cars.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Meet your competition, Terrafugia - PAL-V, and it does not look as cumbersome.
pal-v.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

That is interesting, although i would most defiantly place a parachute on that as with the model i mentioned. One could say that the pal-v is actually an ultralight re-designed.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Auto gyros or gyro copters have been around for almost 100 years but they never really caught on. The rotors are not powered and act as a wing. The crashes are pretty bad.
www.google.com... r_GOafiQL0nP2nCw&usg=AFQjCNFVoyXQ8SrMCcV9ORSapq5bhk3zfg&cad=rja

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join