It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who owns OUR guns?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Normally I vet a thread topic before I post.
Due to time limitations and the (possible) urgency of the following info I'm going to post in hopes those of you in the know 'out there' will either refute this information - or define it's truth.

In my opinion? If it's true - it's not surprising but ultimately an extremely important issue.

If it's a lie - then I'll sigh a big sigh and move on.

I received this email. Truth or lie? Help me out.

WHO'S BUYING GUN COMPANIES ?

> This is true. Just Google "Cerberus Capital Management." It will give you the low down on Soros, Obama's right hand man. What better way to control a country, just disarm them.

> Guess Who's Buying Gun Companies?

> I checked this out and it's true. Marlin Firearms is already closing it's doors! They are doing it to us America !

> Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this. This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsmen. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these type of matters.

> SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT KNOW THAT IS HAPPENING

> Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns ?????

> For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers.

>Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R.

>Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.

> Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management.

> Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! one of the Most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

> Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance).

> If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros

> Send this to every gun owner in America .

So - what's the verdict ATS?

peace
edit on 2-4-2012 by silo13 because: tried to edit spacing of email for easier reading

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Check out this post - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Cerberus Capital Management

Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. is one of the largest private equity investment firms in the United States. The firm is based in New York City, and run by 52-year-old financier Steve Feinberg. Former U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle has been a prominent Cerberus spokesperson and runs one of its international units.

Founded in 1992, Cerberus is named for the mythological three-headed dog that guarded the gates of Hades.Firearms — Acquired Bushmaster Firearms, Inc., from Windham, Maine native Dick Dyke for an undisclosed sum in April 2006, and purchased Remington Arms in April 2007. Under Cerberus direction, Bushmaster Firearms acquired Cobb Manufacturing, a well-respected manufacturer of large-caliber tactical rifles in August 2007. Cerberus also acquired DPMS Panther Arms December 14, 2007.[29][30] Remington Arms acquired Marlin Firearms in January 2008.[31][32] In October 2009, Remington Military products acquired silencer manufacturer Advanced Armament Corporation.[33] These companies were combined into the Freedom Group.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think my sister sent me an e-mail a while back that had to do with this. They can't just do away with the 2nd Amendment out right, so they are going to do it through the "back door". Make guns and ammo so expensive, no one will be able to afford more than one box at a time. Or, refuse to sell to civilians. They would still make billions selling to the military of "approved" countries. Or maybe they see the trend in America and know there is lots of money to be had. Gun sales have gone up, so I would bet they are quite happy.
edit on 2-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Freedom Group

Freedom Group is an American firearms manufacturer holding company which has acquired notable brands such as Bushmaster, DPMS, and Remington Arms.[3]

Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity investment firm.

Remington Arms
Bushmaster Firearms International
DPMS Panther Arms
Marlin
H & R Firearms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker HAIL
AAC – Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INT-C
Para USA[4]

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Supporting ATS thread: Mystery company buying up U.S. gun manufacturers

So, there is some truth to this email! Time to start digging even more!

Thank you!

peace

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

They can't just do away with the 2nd Amendment out right, so they are going to do it through the "back door".

If this is not a post of truth and right I don't know what is.

Thank you!

peace

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I will never understand, why you people think freedom means possessing a gun at all.
But of course it is good for the weapon traders if there are millions of people, who cannot sleep without a gun besides them.

We here in Europe usually don't have a gun under our bed, so it does not matter that much to us, what kind of desinfo they spread in this email.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

the problem with this tail - is the logisical implausibility of it

to deny firearms and amunition to the american public - by the " simple " act of buying all the domestic manufacturing capacity [ this is the crux of the claim ]

cannot and will not work - it would be an infinite money pit

try buying :

H&K [ US ]
colt
S&W

then attempt , by leverage of ownership to eliminate the trade in foreign manufactured fireams and ammunition

lastly - how do you prevent ` start ups ` - ie people founding new companies to either manufacture new indigenous designs , or produce foriegn prodcuts under liciense ?

if your plan ` appears to be suceeding ` - you will reach a tipping point - wheres everal things will happen

the remaining independant manufactures will find themselves with exponentially increasing order books [ as domestic demand will not drop ] & thier stock holders will realise that by refusing to sell - thier stocks will continie to rise in value - and thier dividends grow

foreign manufacturers will increase production and imports - even to the point of creating US divisions / subsiduaries and manufacturing plants on US soil

the domestic ` start ups ` will see potential profits soar - as the principle of supplky and demand will allow higher prices - if domestic demand remains constant - as supply falls - making the idea of starting / funding a fireams company a more and more inviting proposition to entropreneurs , investors and venture capitalists

please explain how this scheme can work - without either :

A infinite investment - to buy everyone at any cost [ which will create the " opportunity " to make money simply by starting a firearms company - just so it has to be bought out at an inflated price ]

or :

B federal / state legislation to prohibit domestic sales and imports

PS - if you choose B - why buy the compainies in the first place ???????

B

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by KnightFire

Supporting ATS thread: Mystery company buying up U.S. gun manufacturers

So, there is some truth to this email! Time to start digging even more!

Thank you!

peace

You're welcome!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i have not found any relationship that the OP talks about with the freedom group and soros or cerberus and soros....of course i went to the actual sites of these organizations, and not to some right-wing blog

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Parker HAIL

this simple mistake cements in my mind - the notion that this tail is a fantasy

the " freedom group " now owns parkergunmakes a US manufacturer

parker hale [ NOT parker hail ] was a brittish manufacturer which ceased trading several years ago - after being bought out by another brittish company

the ` parker hale ` brand name is still used in the UK

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i have not found any relationship that the OP talks about with the freedom group and soros or cerberus and soros....of course i went to the actual sites of these organizations, and not to some right-wing blog

I'm still looking too - thanks for your help.
(What 'right wing blog by the way)?
Beyond that - even if Soros isn't behind it - but it's still happening?
Something to look at.
Just ask Ol Ma Bell.
peace

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

I will never understand, why you people think freedom means possessing a gun at all.

How could you? You're not American.
And that is NOT an insult, just an observation.
Thank you for your post,
peace

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just a thought,..... the Illumes tend to play on words all the time, and double speak is a favourite....
Thus in double speak Freedom Group becomes Slavery Group etc...everythings title is reversed and you get the reality of the situation......Homeland Security becomes Homeland insecurity,
You get my drift....Orwell would be amazed at how right on he called the shots.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I see no conspiracy here other than pure profit.
There's already more guns than people in the US so it wouldn't make much sense to buy up companies to prevent people from owning them.
It's probably that nearly every other industry have already been bought up leaving only a few such as these left to consolidate.
More profit for the 1%
Oh Goody!

edit on 2-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Well, thanks for chiming in with nothing of substance.

This is not a thread to hear spouted off nonsense from anti's.

It is a thread to discuss the large Corp purchasing firearm manufacture companies.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That is what I see.

Investors seeing that guns soared at 0bama was immaculated.

Now, with the next elections cycle coming up, and loads of data to support a huge increase in firearms purchases over the next 5 years, it is a great investment decision.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Absolutely, it is just another monopoly that they
had up until recently decided to corner and own it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Or, it could be that high up people know that the Fed Govt will be awarding contracts to some of these companies, and it is a great way to profit from the insider trading that is allowed in Congress.

For the Soros connection?? Where oh where are you Boondock????

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join