It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long have you been waiting for 2012.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i am now 44, and i remember first hearing about the year 2012 when i was about 14. so i have been waiting for 30 years.

at this age when i first heard it, it was like wow - i will be heaps old when it happens and will have lived my life...lol. im not saying it has been in the forefront of my life since hearing it. up until about 1999 maybe a couple of times a year you would hear of a documentary or some passing comment regarding this date. then you would get back to life of growing up, work, then the relationships start, kids come along but every now and then the date would rear its ugly head. i remember on new years eve 1999 thinking we are now going into the decade when they say it will all end. i thought well i still have 12 years till that bloody date. somehow it has just kept kreeping up and now hear we are only months away from a date that has been coming and going from my mind for 30 years.

i only post this thread because i seem to think that some of the kiddie winks who are on here have only heard about this date in the last couple or so years. some may have only heard in the last 12 months. we do tend to see a lot of posts on this topic with the phrases "cant wait till 22/12/2012 to laugh" .

all i ask is that the younger generation who lose interest in anything older than a week, take into account that some of us have been waiting a long long time to get to a date we have been thinking off for a long time. and while we may have not been worried in those tenders years when it seemed a long way off, its now almost here.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
rahahah, what are the odds of this happening. i am sitting here writting this thread watching MTV classics. as i hit the post button, the next song comes on and it R.E.M "its the end of the world as we know it" from 1987.

i ask you......what are the bloody odds of that happening.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I can't wait til next year arrives.
Maybe all those freaking nuts who think the world will end will shut the hell up!

When I hear sometime whine on about civilization ending in 2012, I feel like hastening their non-existence.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

For me it's probably been about 5 or 6 years. I first heard about 2012 when I was reading about the Mayan calender. I'm interested to know, how did you first hear about it?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The problem is that the world wont end its the way we live that will. I for one keep saying we will be ok but the more strange stuff happening this year has me taking it back and now worry it might be
........well all i say is........Bring it on
im only 31 and will be 32 when it happens........So Be It....... i can't stop it so who cares.

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

How long have you been waiting for 2012

I think the proper title for LJ01 would be.

How long have you been waitng for 2012 to be over with? So we can move on to the next end of times date.

But that is just me anyways.

I honestly can say that I do not remember the first time I heard of the world ending in 2012. Lj01 used to be a hard partier so them brain cells are likey gone up in smoke or in the bottom of an empty bottle, or both

I can tell you that I am 33 and I believe it happened in my early 20's.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Were sitting under a table with my bible at the age of 8, just juggling around with it when i just got 2012 in my head, out of nowhere. My mate I was playing with still reminds me of the event.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

For me it's probably been about 5 or 6 years. I first heard about 2012 when I was reading about the Mayan calender. I'm interested to know, how did you first hear about it?

jeez, im pushing my memory here but i do believe it was on a doco possibly about nostradamus, maybe about predictions. remember that back in the early 80's doco's were a big thing that you may only see a handful of times in a special presentation on t.v. i had to go to the bookcase and look up the "funk and wagnels" to see who this nostradamus was.

the enduring memory is that i thought i must remember this date. mind you i was about 14 at the time and thought i would just pull on my jet pack and escape to safety when it came....lol. the simpson kids were not the first kids to fall for the ole hover bike trick, we honestly thought back then come 2012 thats how we would all get around.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have been waiting for it for about 12 years. but this didn't come apparent to me until i started understanding crop circles.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've waited nearly two decades for the date to come and pass. As interesting as the apocalypse is, the Mayans never claimed it was the end.

The Long Count was used by the Maya to document past and future events. Their other calendars were simply too short to document any date beyond 52 years. The 52-year calendar -- known as the "Calendar Round" -- was used as it spans a generation, or the approximate lifetime of an individual.

I'll be both saddened and relieved in seeing the reactions of those who have given their belongings, time, and energy to a date that will be just as average as any other.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Skepticesque because: correction to hyperlink

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouline
Were sitting under a table with my bible at the age of 8, just juggling around with it when i just got 2012 in my head, out of nowhere. My mate I was playing with still reminds me of the event.

wow, how long ago did that happen?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

How long have you been waiting for 2012

I think the proper title for LJ01 would be.

How long have you been waitng for 2012 to be over with? So we can move on to the next end of times date.

But that is just me anyways.

I honestly can say that I do not remember the first time I heard of the world ending in 2012. Lj01 used to be a hard partier so them brain cells are likey gone up in smoke or in the bottom of an empty bottle, or both

I can tell you that I am 33 and I believe it happened in my early 20's.

i know that for me, and maybe a lot of others out there, if absolutely nothing happens this year you will never convince us of anything ever again.

edit on 31-3-2012 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
i think first i heard of 2012 was when i first signed up to this website and in the john titor forms, back when he had his own section on the main bar... those were the days

anyways within a year or so a friend then made a bet with another friend (5$) back in grade 8, back in 2006 or so that the world would end this year in 2012, so their bet is soon to be decided.

tho i disappeared from this site for a while between then and now i have lurked around it and have learned a lot in my experiences here. should be interesting times ahead, even if no super pole reversals or heightened vibrations its an exciting time to live and pivotal for the future 50 years or so

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
edit on 31-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The fact is, we don't know what "year" it is. The reptilian Church establishment has re-vised history in unscrupulous ways that we cannot even fathom.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
The fact is, we don't know what "year" it is. The reptilian Church establishment has re-vised history in unscrupulous ways that we cannot even fathom.

That i could believe...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
How long have I been waiting for 2012? Well, about a year longer than 2011 and exactly one year less than 2013.

Sorry... Couldn't resist.

Seriously though... When i was a teen, it was the "Big One" supposedly predicted to hit right where I lived in Southern California. 1988 I believe it was... Then half the talking heads said the 1991 war would start World War III and we'd all be blown away. Up to that point, there had always been the good 'ol stand by of Soviet first strike kicking off World War III themselves. Now we know how absurd that was...but it wasn't at the time.,.

Then under Clinton it was people saying Martial law was coming and Clinton would go for the gold and play FDR with more than 2 terms. By force if necessary. 1993 had the WTC.. and..

Well.. Y2K.. 9/11... and..

You get the idea.
2012 is interesting and really something I'm watching in a "Oh brother, here we go again" kind of way, and who knows...More points to this being legit than any previous ones. I'm just a little jaded the 20th time facing doom, gloom and the end of the world as we know it.
I feel like that Men in Black scene.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i hear what ;your saying but dont forget...no one ever said y2k was the end of the world. just the end of computers.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Valid point.

This however is a list of dates predicted for apocalyptic events throughout history. Regardless of which side you fall in, it's interesting to see how many there have been, and the list just keeps on growing.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Skepticesque because: hyperlink correction.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

We were in different places, I suppose... I spent Y2K in an AOL chat room. One of many...many chat rooms at AOL at that time dedicated to Y2K.

I recall the run up for almost a full year and by the end, people were calling for everything from endless riots and the worst parts of the Bible to what people call for today in catastrophic geomagnetic storms or nuclear EMP attacks when all the computers failed, which tripped power grids and those in turn sent Nuke plants off and....well...

Doom and Gloom of different flavors, but same tune.

edit on 31-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing changes and minor edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join