It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has the ufo/alien subject affected your life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I want to hear how this subject has affected your life, and your perspective of life, I'll start it off.

When I was young my favorite shows were unsolved mysteries and other paranormal/ufo shows. This actually caused me to develop a fear of E.T's and the paranormal. But my fear turned into a strong unrelenting desire to have contact after one of my craziest experiences when I was 20. The reason my fear ended was because no harm came to me.

now, every day, I hope that something happens. Something huge, life changing, something that shatters the ego of the people of our world. Every night when I go to bed I hope something happens to me. I so strongly want to have contact, or at least SEE an alien that the thought is super-glued to my subconscious.

I have had close to 10 visual (for me) confirmation that there is someone else visiting our planet. Now I'm just frustrated that something major hasn't happened.

I spend a lot of time outside staring up at the sky, I think I've messed up my neck from looking up so much. But because of this I now know many constellations, what stars are actually planets, and how to identify planes, helicopters, the ISS, and satellites. So I have learned much about the skies by looking for something that might not ever be there again.

I have also spent probably $500 on gas to just drive out in the middle of nowhere and wait for something to happen. I have also talked to many police officers while out parked on the side of country roads haha. I always tell them I'm an amateur astronomer and I'm just observing the stars.

I probably want something major to happen so much because of the state of living many of us are in. I'm poor, live in the city with the highest unemployment rate in Ontario, and can't seem to get out of this hole no matter what I try.

So yeah, I cant think of anything else right now, but tell me how its affected your life.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To be honest it hasn't affected my life at all , its a hobby that's pretty much separate from my real life , if it did start effecting my real life I would drop it and take up fishing again

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You described yourself as poor.
Your mind is rich.

You are young.
Your awareness seems old.

Don't wait for extra terrestrials to reveal themselves until we as a race can prove our worth.
Be a seed for the forthcoming harvest.
Ironically, religions take this concept more seriously than human beings generally do.
That, is why we fail. (in yoda voice)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

It give me a laugh when boards like this are flooded with reports of strange lights seen around midnight on December 31st.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Witnessing real UFOs puts one in a position of either talking freely about your experience and losing half your "friends", or being silent about it so no one thinks your nuts.

I tell everyone what I saw and photographed, I could care less what anyone thinks of me because of that. I tell people because I want everyone to know technology exists that can free humanity from this debt slavery.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

When I was young my favorite shows were unsolved mysteries and other paranormal/ufo shows. This actually caused me to develop a fear of E.T's and the paranormal. But my fear turned into a strong unrelenting desire to have contact after one of my craziest experiences when I was 20. The reason my fear ended was because no harm came to me. now, every day, I hope that something happens. Something huge, life changing, something that shatters the ego of the people of our world. Every night when I go to bed I hope something happens to me. I so strongly want to have contact, or at least SEE an alien that the thought is super-glued to my subconscious. I have had close to 10 visual (for me) confirmation that there is someone else visiting our planet. Now I'm just frustrated that something major hasn't happened. I spend a lot of time outside staring up at the sky, I think I've messed up my neck from looking up so much. But because of this I now know many constellations, what stars are actually planets, and how to identify planes, helicopters, the ISS, and satellites. So I have learned much about the skies by looking for something that might not ever be there again.
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

We have a lot in common. That's pretty much the same for me to the tee.

I didn't have any visual confirmation until I was 26 .....but the 20+ daytime sightings I had was more than enough.
That's not counting the moving stars we see at night (some are simply not satellites)

I would say this subject (ufos/aliens/god/universe) occupies the majority of my thoughts. The possibilities of why and how they are here, have gone through my mind every single day since I was a young adult. It's made me question all religion and gods of the past. It has made me question all political and government actions.
It has given me a new outlook on humanity and spirituality.

I could go on ...but I think it's obvious that it has had a profound affect.

Oh...and sorry about the unemployment.... I'm sure you'll find a way out or get a job.

edit on 29-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear there are others that are affected in a similar fashion. i'm sure its not uncommon either for people like us that have personally experienced the strangeness. There are sooo many questions and no one to look to for answers except ourselves.

And yeah the unemployment sucks. especially when I have so many talents
music, illustration, painting, and sculpting, but our current economic world doesn't have room for people like me.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I tell everyone too, I especially like talking about it to people you KNOW are completely closed minded on the subject, makes for awesomely awkward conversations haha.

I'm sure that we would have similar technology by now if it weren't for the monetary system, corporate agendas, and the dark ages.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

haha I hear you, but its impossible for me to separate it from the standard sense of real life when I've experienced things within that criteria.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

I don't really care about when we as a race are ready, were all separate individuals and most will never be ready. But i've been ready for years now, which leads to my frustration.

and yeah I'm pretty old and rich in the head, unfortunately my soul isn't a bank account

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seeing what were clearly anomalous ufos, for me, was (per The Matrix) swallowing the red pill. Alice in wonderland going through the looking glass. You get 'the bug' and chase after truth, but it seems to have taken me full circle. I was a "born again" Christian", then I went athiest to> metephysical> to facing right back to our ultimate origins. Good versus evil. The awakened versus the Powers That Be. Problem reaction solution. Some will say, "thats a stretch" to ufos, but my own little nobody view is, I think there's a connection.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

I think it may have a far more profound affect to come too, I just received an email with quite a statement about this year 2012, that they will most definitely be revealing themselves in the next few months because the earth is going to undergo massive seismic activity and rising sea levels and we need to be evacuated to safe zones. Now if this is true, we will all be profoundly affected. Check this out, just posted on galactic free press: soundofheart.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm deeply emotionaly distraught that I've never experienced anything and probably never will.
edit on 29-3-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

I know what you're saying OP. I feel I'm ready as well. There are so many theories out there though. ETs coming and "taking us away to save us" worries me. The Australian guy talks about it. I forget his name (sorry). He says that "they" will try getting us to board ships and leave the planet because of destruction but NOT to do it, no matter what.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It has recently affected my life, helping me to better understand the planet of humans I share. I knew this was a pretty far out there subject, but one day on here and now I know why people laugh at this subject. Can't for the life of me think the majority of you are serious, not for one moment.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by signwearer

I wish you could remember who the Australian guy is and why he says that?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Here it is:

Sorry first time posting a video so not sure if the embed will work.
edit on 29-3-2012 by signwearer because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by signwearer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Nope it didnt work but thank you for trying!!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Thank you for that, I will be sure to watch it, it is sure trying times, what to believe anymore, I just remember even as a child, my mom teaching me about the "giants in the land", Nephilim being half human and half angel, and questioning how did the wise men actually follow a star? So now I as well, am not sure if we are in the biggest deception of all time, ET's, are they really demons posing as an anti-christ of sort, ET that comes in the name of the light vs. Satan who has power of the skies? I am affected by not knowing, if they are really good or really bad!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I experienced and alien, it's hard to not let that change your life in a positive way. Unfortunately, it depends on the individual and the experience could be depressing. Soon everyone will share in the euphoria or drown in despair. I hope the former.

Cheers,
Fantom

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join