It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An elderly couple together for 65 years slain. Horrific....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

An 85-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and battered to death by a home invader who also shot her 90-year-old husband in the face with a BB gun.

Nancy and Bob Strait, who had celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in December, were discovered by their daughter at their home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Both the pensioners were rushed to hospital where Mrs Strait, who was nearly blind, died from her injuries

The elderly man fought in the 101 Airborne Division, known as the screaming eagles, who recieved bronze stars and fought against the nazis...65 years of marriage and a life like that ended for a car, a tellevision, and $200 for some shoes or drugs...

edit on 29-3-2012 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Mar 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Do we still have Americans questioning the need and proper application of the Death Penalty? If so...I direct everyone's mental eye and imagination to the scene as it must have been while this animal was still there and ravaging this couple. This is a man you ever..EVER want to see free again? If you wound up in prison on some small thing..non-violent white collar, lets say...this is the guy you'd want as a bunk mate?

It appears in some research that Oklahoma ranks 3rd behind Texas and Virginia for executions per capita in Death Row cases. If there is justice in the world, the man who did this evil thing will add to that statistic..

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This just saddens me to no end.
Where's the outrage here?

This sonavabitch does not deserve to be breathing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Do we still have Americans questioning the need and proper application of the Death Penalty? If so...I direct everyone's mental eye and imagination to the scene as it must have been while this animal was still there and ravaging this couple. This is a man you ever..EVER want to see free again? If you wound up in prison on some small thing..non-violent white collar, lets say...this is the guy you'd want as a bunk mate?

It appears in some research that Oklahoma ranks 3rd behind Texas and Virginia for executions per capita in Death Row cases. If there is justice in the world, the man who did this evil thing will add to that statistic..

Agreed. 100%. There is no reason a man who rapes an 85 year old, blind woman, breaks her husbands ribs and jaw, and ruins the lives of their family, all for a couple hundred dollars, deserves to be a member of society.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I can just imagine the old man's thought process...

"This is what I fought for?"

What is the world coming to....
edit on 29-3-2012 by Cavalier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I beleive in an eye for an eye.

I say let him be raped, have his ribs broken one by one, and his jaw broken.

If they applied that law to our world you'd see crime drop like a rock in water.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
After reading this post, i immediately thought of the movie "The Divide" which i saw yesterday, which paints a pretty good picture about what is needed for humanity to deteriorate like it appears to have done in this perpetrator. Maybe the world is in worse shape than most of us seem to understand already? At least for some people...

I recommend seeing this movie for anyone that want to understand this kind of behaviour... and to prevent it from manifesting in the future in yourself.
edit on 29-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

Hmmm... I wonder if there will be a media onslaught of insinuated "racial bias" for Tyrone.

Will we see 400 threads about how Tyrone here was a racist and beat/shot/raped them because they were white?

Will we be seeing "Justice for the Straits!" campaigns?

Will the mythical white panthers be putting out a death warrant on Tyrone?

Will derogatory T-shirts with racial slurs for blacks be printed en masse and embraced by the outraged white community over this obviously racially motivated murder?

Will we be seeing George Lucas start tweeting and putting elderly black peoples lives in danger?

Will Obama be making a make a heart-felt speech claiming that if he had parents/grand-parents, they would be just like the Straits?

Or will we see absolutely nothing except this one thread and article on the matter, with all the race baiters and witch hunters of "racism" and the propaganda arm of the government (the MSM) staying as far away as possible?

Gee, I wonder.

So much for equality.
edit on 3/29/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
the death penalty is too good of a sentence..stop the death penalty and bring back chain gangs..hard labor for life. From sun up to sun down that man should be doing hard labor...with NO breaks. If the chain gang crew tries to escape shoot them down on site. I think if more people saw chain gangs with armed guards..knowing they work or they get shot down..crime would go down...and more work would be done by these monsters.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

You are absolutely correct, where is the outrage at this crime? Why aren't non blacks in the streets making inflammatory, ridiculous statements about racism. I wounder was this slime wearing a hoody, wouldn't that be ironic?

edit on 29-3-2012 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I say take him to a crocodile pit and toss him in.
And televise it.
We won't put up with murderous scum anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That's horrible and heartbreaking,

but let's do a little experiment :
- what would you say if he attacked them like he did for let's say 10 millions in jewellery, would that be more acceptable for you?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
all aboard the rage train choo choo
edit on 29-3-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

- what would you say if he attacked them like he did for let's say 10 millions in jewellery, would that be more acceptable for you?

Sadly.... yes. At least it would make a little more sense. At least the suffering would have been for some significant life-changing prize and not a trivial amount. Really, this offense means there is no value to human life for the victim nor the offender. He risked his own life and took the life of another over something trivial, which means he doesn't value life whatsoever, not even his own. At least if he did it for $10 million, there would be some justification for taking the risk, and we could at least assume he valued his own life.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Our legal system is fallible. DNA testing has shown this...If you claim well we have DNA testing now it is perfect..well maybe there is a yet unknown test that is even better.

Because our legal system is fallible and will always be fallible..it is a certainty that innocent people will be found guilty.

Because innocent people will be found guilty..chances are some of those innocent people will be on death row...and then put to death.

The question you have to ask yourself is..how many "savages" death is worth one innocent life? 10 guilty to 1 innocent? 10 million to 1. How many guilty do you get to kill before it is a fair trade for one innocent life?

My answer is none. There is no number of guilty worth killing if even one innocent has to die.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

No it would not
it takes a special kind of coward to do something like that its not about money its about mentality and animals like that should be dealt with apropiatley
someone posted above about chain gangs I couldnt agree more so long as they are up to the work, tyron probably would be be a crying usless wreck so let him fry.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Why the death penalty?
That sounds like 'an eye for an eye'

why not just let this miserable, violent scum bag rot in a cell for the rest of his life?

Or does state killing satisfy your bloodlust?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Hmmm... I wonder if there will be a media onslaught of insinuated "racial bias" for Tyrone.

Will we see 400 threads about how Tyrone here was a racist and beat/shot them because they were white?

Will we be seeing "Justice for the Straits!" campaigns?

Will the mythical white panthers be putting out a death warrant on Tyrone?

Will derogatory T-shirts with racial slurs for blacks be printed en masse and embraced by the outraged white community over this obviously racially motivated murder?

Will we be seeing George Lucas start tweeting and putting elderly black peoples lives in danger?

Will Obama be making a make a heart-felt speech claiming that if he had parents, they would be just like the Straits?

Or will we see absolutely nothing except this one thread and article on the matter, with all the race baiters and witch hunters of "racism" and the propaganda arm of the government (the MSM) staying as far away as possible?

Gee, I wonder.

So much for equality.

But let me guess how things might be different... if Mr. Strait had defended his home from invasion and loved one from rape by blowing a hole through tyrones chest with a slug or sabot, the media would be all over this like stink on # screaming tyrone [media provided picture circa 1995, of course] died because he was black and Mr. Strait hated black people.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Sadly.... yes. At least it would make a little more sense. At least the suffering would have been for some significant life-changing prize and not a trivial amount. Really, this offense means there is no value to human life for the victim nor the offender. He risked his own life and took the life of another over something trivial, which means he doesn't value life whatsoever, not even his own. At least if he did it for $10 million, there would be some justification for taking the risk, and we could at least assume he valued his own life.

So you place the value of a human life around 10 millions?
Also, what he took may seem trivial to you, but maybe not to him. In his "world", maybe that's worth more than you think. For a multi-billionaire, maybe 10 millions is worth near nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join