It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sounds and Louder Booms return to Clintonville Wisconsin (Mar 27, 2012)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hi. Well they are back.

The mysterious sounds have started again after a few days of quiet.

The experts are saying it's possible micro-quakes. Is this a precursor for the big one?

They are louder and last longer.

If it is earthquakes then why is it more common at night? Should the time of the day be a factor with earthquakes?

edit on 28-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
no but nighttime is the easiest time to conceal secret operations and what not, such as things that the gov't may not want you to see?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
They probably weren't quakes to begin with. Lets see what new explanation they have lined up now that they have had some time to think it over.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
it could possibly be that the booms are just easier to hear at night because things are quiet. if you're inside and watching tv you might not hear it. in bed at night you're more likely to take notice. shallow quakes do make booming noise..... but i'm not convinced it's not sand mining. that seems like a strong possibility. i'd be pretty worried if i lived there because if it IS shallow quakes and they are coming that often.... it seems like a bad sign to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Could be some connection between the earths rotation and the micro-quakes too. If it happens mainly at night, while facing away from the sun, there could be some sort of connection, but what I dunno.

Maybe has to do with cooling and heating of the earth. I know here in MN we are experiencing a drought, perhaps Wisconsin is too, and because there is not as much ground water or the water table is lower it is causing the micro quakes. At night when the earth cools, perhaps it is effecting more than people think?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People are more likely to hear things at night as there is less noise pollution.

Plus any noise, especially low sounds are annoying as hell when trying to get to sleep

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I dont buy into the "micro-quacke" theory. Weird how its being reported now and not years ago if its so normal. Earths core, magnetic field, meteors, fukushima meltdowns?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I never bought the explanation that a 1.5 earthquake on Sunday would cause 3 days of "booms". I looked on the map and the USGS hasn't put a quake up for last nights activities. So what are they going to say now? I have no idea what is causing this, but I do wonder if the officials are covering it up to avoid panic.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
I never bought the explanation that a 1.5 earthquake on Sunday would cause 3 days of "booms". I looked on the map and the USGS hasn't put a quake up for last nights activities. So what are they going to say now? I have no idea what is causing this, but I do wonder if the officials are covering it up to avoid panic.

Hey can you post that map or a link please. TY.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Here is the U.S. list of 1.0+ quakes as they come in. (past 7 days)

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 28-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
this article says they still aren't sure what it is and that a 1.5 wouldn't likely cause a loud sound (im thinking shaking would be possible due to the type of rock in the ground??). it goes on to say that it could be movement of water underground or thermal expansion of underground pipes. maybe the 1.5 picked up by the seismograph wasn't really a true quake. anyway, they aren't set on the quake theory.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
this article says they still aren't sure what it is and that a 1.5 wouldn't likely cause a loud sound (im thinking shaking would be possible due to the type of rock in the ground??). it goes on to say that it could be movement of water underground or thermal expansion of underground pipes. maybe the 1.5 picked up by the seismograph wasn't really a true quake. anyway, they aren't set on the quake theory.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Thanx but look....

March 23, 2012

This started up last night.

Another earthquake?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Every time I hear about this topic I can't help but think of this. "Cracking an Eggshell"

edit on 28/3/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by cavalryscout

Here is the U.S. list of 1.0+ quakes as they come in. (past 7 days)

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 28-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Thank you.

I don't see any earthquakes listed for Wisconsin or surronding area, does anybody?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Every time I hear about this topic I can't help but think of this. "Cracking an Eggshell"

edit on 28/3/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)
I have read that thread and keep looking back at it. With the booms happening again, I pulled up Cracking an eggshell again. So I have googled "Niagara Escarpement anomaly (unnamed faults lines)" and pulled up this:

One fault, tentatively named the Birch Creek fault, is located approximately 3 miles north of Greenleaf, Wisconsin and is one of the most significant regional faults that cuts the Paleozoic section with about 100 feet of vertical displacement, dropped downward on the south side (Figure 3). Preliminary work suggests that this fault stretches from near Denmark, Wisconsin westward into Waupaca County.
Find complete paper here:
www.uwgb.edu...

Clintonville is in Waupaca county. Going off to read again.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here's a video of a guy who has successfully recorded the booms. Lots of rambling, but if you go to about 3:40 seconds it's there. LOUD.

Seriously, I've heard the theory of underground tunneling: wouldn't someone notice HUGE equipment being brought into the area if that was the case? however, i don't buy into the "micro-quake" explanation. Since when do small earthquakes sound like TNT going off?

Strange non the less.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

You're doing some great digging, AuntB, keep it up.

In this case however, I have tracked down that fault, and compared it geographically to where Clintonville is located. If these events were coming from that fault, residents in Greenleaf, De Pere, and Wrightstown would be feeling them, because that fault lies some 33 miles southeast of Clintonville.

It could be an unknown extension of that faulting system though, acting up, further northwest near Clintonville. A lot of times this is how new faults, or new fault extensions, are discovered- when activity appears on them.
edit on Wed Mar 28th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Cool thanks. I've wondered why nobody can record this.

If that was real then what is that noise after the boom?

Good find.

I used to live in southern WI now I'm glad I moved.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of a Nostradamus quatrain or two. If I lived in the rumbling area or nearby I would think about taking a vacation or even moving out. It could be some crazy sinkhole or something getting ready to cave in.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was thinking of something else about this noise.

Not knowing much about earthquakes I have a question.

If the sound is getting louder and lasting longer does it mean the quake is closer to the surface or a larger quake or nothing?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join