It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Reports: Syrian Rebels Caught Using Child Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
So The US and its sheeple are supplying children with arms, isn't that a war crime in itself?

U.N. gets reports of child soldiers with Syria rebels

(Reuters) - Syrian rebels fighting to oust President Bashar al-Assad have been accused of using children as fighters in violation of international conventions banning the recruitment of child soldiers, a senior U.N. official said on Monday.

The U.N. concern about the possibility that Syria's opposition may be using child soldiers follows last week's report from the New York-based rights group Human Rights Watch that armed Syrian opposition groups have kidnapped, tortured and executed members of supporters of Assad and members of his security forces.

"We are receiving allegations of children with the Free Syrian Army," Radhika Coomaraswamy, U.N. special representative for children and armed conflict, said in response to a question about Syria's rebels. She gave no details.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
And all those millions of idiots who supported the Kony2012 movement go deaf and mute !

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It is a hard one to comment on this while I think it is wrong to use kids in any role of warfare I wonder if the UK had have been invaded by Nazi Germany in WW2 would we have used kid's in certain roles against them?
Also if you look back in history child soldiers have changed the face of the earth..Joan of arc etc.
In a perfect world we wouldn't have any child in any war but it is far from perfect.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It is things such as this that make you angry that the US is supporting these terrorists. Al-Assad has been calling these people terrorists long and no one listens, the Christian of Syria ask for people not to lend support to these terrorists and no one listens, Syrian people of every faith asks people not to support these terrorists and no one listens.

It is simply not in US interests, and when there is a lack of fighters against Assad then they will use children.

Lanatullahi Alayhim

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
think about it.its the rebel side not the govt.they are fighting for their freedom.if you had put me in the same position at 15 you would have needed to shoot me to prevent me from taking up arms.yes it is dangerous but i highly doubt they would have needed coerced.maybe its a matter of pride and independance.if they want to fight...let them.better they are properly armed,even if not trained,because as we have come to learn in the west.the local youth would be throwing stones at the pro govt forces anyway,this is sufficient to get them shot anyway.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
from your source :

The U.N. concern about the possibility that Syria's opposition may be using child soldiers

"We are receiving allegations of children with the Free Syrian Army,"

"We haven't been able to verify or check" the veracity of those allegations, Coomaraswamy added.

so there are no pictures , they have no proof , how old are they ? hmmmm

even if it was true , who is to be blamed ? if a child who's family were killed and butchered by Assads army got hold of a weapon will you blame him ? who can stop him from taking revenge ?

nobody here knows whats happening over there , we can only get our information from the media , and of course those infos depends on which side they like the most or serve an agenda .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Anything to stop the US war machine killing more people.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

so you are calling those who seek freedom terrorists ? so the american revolution and the french revolution was done by terrorists ? naaaaaaaah they werent muslims , you can only label muslims terrorists if they do such thing

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The west surely got some twisted view about right or wrong.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ الْكَافِرِينَ أَوْلِيَاء مِن دُونِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَتُرِيدُونَ أَن تَجْعَلُواْ لِلّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ سُلْطَانًا مُّبِينًا

see also: truthsyria.wordpress.com...

I have a problem and will call a terrorist, anyone who violates the words of Allah, kills Muslim, thinks their sect is the only one that 'might be' the only correct one and will kill anyone who disagrees with their sect's beliefs, and takes as friends and helpers the enemy to the Muslim.

The Holy Quran says that anyone who says the shahaadatayn is Muslim, anyone who says this is a brother one to another.

We have seen their kind at work, up close and personal. They do not believe in the Words of Allah, because they do not practice them, they fear not the hell fire, and are not shamed before Allah.

Let me ask you to compare the help from your government to the Muslim who are being oppressed compared to Assad government? Who has been there for the Muslim and who has turned their back except in show?

These terrorists are begging dollars from the enemies of Muslim to kill a proven friend to Muslim, and one that I think says the shahaadatayn, to enslave Muslim. You figure it out!

They are doing nothing but destabilizing the country so the Israel and America are able come in and rape the people of their wealth and land and resources and make them slaves.

Not even sunni in Syria are supporting this!

edit on 27-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

so when the protest started who fired first ? who was killed first ? care to answer ?

looks like you love Asaads regime , and the only people who supports this bastard are iranians and hizbulla , because they know that the fall of Assad regime means the end of hizbulla , and i would love to see that day.

oh and one more thing those two regions hims and hama are mostly sunnies , do you know what happened to the people of hama in 82 ? between 30 & 40 thousand people were killed by this bastards father back then .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

In our religion is a man held accountable for the sins of his father? Or only judged according to his own actions? Do you even know Islam? I hear this from you people, how bad his father was, yet, we are only judged according to our actions, and I wonder how well you know the words of Allah.

You seem to disagree the Holy Quran in your every breath!

I have never said that Syrian's do not have some legitimate grievances before Assad government and some changes could not be made, what I say is that instead of going to the enemy of the Muslims and being their helper in destabilizing a government who is proven friend to Muslim (and disobeying Allah to do so) so that western powers can make us all slaves, that you must seek other means to effect positive changes, diplomatic means.

Many times these offers were made from Assad government for talks, but these terrorists obeyed their western masters and refused peaceful means because the western powers said better to overthrow Assad.

You say only shia support Assad, but here you could not be more wrong... ONLY the wahabis support this resistance, no sunni, no shia, no alawite, no christian, no druze, only wahabis have anything to do with this, they are those who claim to be followers of the Quran yet these Holy Words are not found in their actions.

These wahabis killed the son of the grand mufti of Syria, (a Sunni) and this was his speaking on the occasion of his sons funeral... you should listen, it will show you two things, something about Islam and what it looks like in action, as well as how strong the sunni support is of this attempts to overthrow Assad government

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

The fact that the Free Syrian Army, is now a organised, yet relatively weak and localised, opposition movement with a ranking structure indicates that the Free Syrian Army and the Syrian Council is to blame if child conscripts or child soldier (legally by definition under 15 years of age) are used in military or any other military related engagements.

Secondly, people here assume the United States is funding the opposition movement. While Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states are quite openly (or without really hiding it) doing so, there is no evidence suggesting the US is. Furthermore unless the opposition manages to succesfully mobilise, militarize, gain control of actual territory (instead of fighting as an insurgency force as it may have too soon given its lack of military capabilities) and generally gains wider support and even more importantly wider open support, then I doubt the US or the international community will seriously mobilise behind the movement.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Look at this little booger Hamas is training, and many more like him. Now think of all the muslim mothers giving their kids up for this kind of brainwashing, and doing it gladly.

This isn't an isolated incident folks, this is what militants do, and theyre everywhere. Just because they are not wearing camoflage like a neon sign, doesn't mean they aren't out there and just like Viet Nam, even the kids will try to kill you and they will not have any mercy. When the order is given you will die like the pigs you are.

However, unlike Viet Nam where the VC and NVA just wanted you to go away, these people here, will kill you because you're an infidel because it is what their precious Muhammad teaches and what their Imams brainwash them with by their Hadiths.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

the third largest jewish population in the world is in Iran... they have refused to leave Iran (even though Israel did offer) and said that if Iran is attacked they will stand with their brothers (ie: you know those shia who want to kill all infidels according to you) and fight against any attack by the US or Israel (you know those people who value life so much)

Hamas IS Muslim brotherhood... Hilary Clinton just released 1.5 billion to the Muslim Brotherhood (just in a different country) The so-called resistance in Syria IS Muslim Brotherhood (again, US just released 1.5 billion dollars to this group, just in a different country) And NO Muslim ever asked you not to do this thing! ( lol...)

Syria is mainly sunni muslim, with other minority populations inside, and alawite is actually a sect in Islam and that is the religion of the ruling party, Syria is home to a very diverse population of Christians and other religion and Syria has religious freedom (according to you their lives are in danger everyday...lol... that's why they haven't left in all these years)

Yes, all Muslim hate Christians and other religious sects, and think they all should die right?

Allah said in the Quran that Muslim should say "To you be your religion to me be mine" but we do not like the Quran right? In your opinion there are no muslim who love their religion and/or actually follow it!

The Holy Quran says 'kill them wherever you would find them" which is specific to a war where Muslims are being attacked by Christians but every single Muslim on the planet twists this out of hate....lol... yes that is why you have such a diverse population of Muslim killing you on your own land daily (cause you know we live here too and just want you dead)

All Muslims in the world wanna kill you right? lol.... gotta love ignorance

well, that's a good excuse as any to come blow us all up! I am sure the Christians and Jews and those of other religions who are fighting you by our side are simply kidnapped poor people....lol

edit on 28-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Hamas is not run by the Muslim Brotherhood at all. The Muslim Brotherhood controlled by Shi'ite, Hamas is Sunni.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Jameela

Hamas is not run by the Muslim Brotherhood at all. The Muslim Brotherhood controlled by Shi'ite, Hamas is Sunni.

there is not one thing shia about the muslim brotherhood....

blaming us for your evil now are you? lol...I expect no less from liars and murderers to blame the innocent for your crimes and sins...Did you not know anyone can google and find out quickly what belief (sunni or shia) is muslim brotherhood?

remember before Allah you will stand one day! (although I do not suppose you believe in Allah)

After Edit: Hamas joins Muslim Brotherhood;

www.liveleak.com...

^^ english site

Its EVERYWHERE on the internet...

Hamas is sunni, so is the brotherhood, want me too google that too? falsehood WILL perish, the Truth will always prevail, you may think you win for a time, but you WILL fail!
edit on 29-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

top topics

join