It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

I've learned a valuable lesson on my days at ats.

Never trust what a user with a Norse icon with red color has to say.

They're usually trolls.

I'm not joking. You're about the 3rd user like this. And about the 3rd just as wrong.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I've learned a valuable lesson on my days at ats.

Never trust what a user with a Norse icon with red color has to say.

They're usually trolls.

I'm not joking. You're about the 3rd user like this. And about the 3rd just as wrong.

So what you are saying is that you act with prejudice and preconception.

Basically exactly what a racist does.

BTW this is not a "norse icon". It's a popular comic book character.
edit on 26-3-2012 by WhatAreThey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Certainly not. I let you say your thing. Then decided who you are based off what you said, not your image.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Im I the only one finding it hard to take this thread seriously? A member with a norse god as an avatar telling me that racism is a farce?!? REALLY!?! Im 31, and just because I havent personally experienced age discrimination, it would be pretty ignorant of me to say it doesn't exist.

So I take it you think the movie "Thor" is somehow racist too? And if I am Norse than I am racist?

#1 Don't put words in my mouth
#2 Stop trying to use deflection
#3 If you can't find the correlation between the racism and age discrimination as far as perception and lack of personal experience of it in my post, that's a failure on your part as the observer.

You let me know what you bring Thor into this, and I'll stop putting words in your mouth.

Before you do that, you are obviously racist and hate norse gods.

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc, you sir are incapable of honest intellectual debate... I'm done here, if you want an honest debate on the issue, without an audience...pm me.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Well, where I'm from we don't like rednecks who live in trailers with 5 kids on welfare who are missing their teeth. We don't like these people going to Wal-Mart in their PJ's. We don't like their disjointed English. We don't like their jacked up trucks with missing mufflers or their dirt track races at midnight keeping everyone awake. We don't like their loud ass twangy music about getting drunk on saturday. We don't like their stunning lack of knowledge about the world around them. We don't like their brokeass trailers.

I see what you did there and thought I'd do it too.
Great ! a dislike thread . The royal we , dont like you gross people who stuff your faces with dead animal carcasses at fancy resturaunts down to McDonalds , and think this is culture
My list is endless what "we" dont like about all of you , but "we" must be tolerant of you foolish rascals .

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by The Old American

I am usually barefoot, but

No flip flops?

Cuts offs and flip flops are white trash, where on earth do you live?

edit on 023131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

What I have learned from both life and ATS this month ... we'd apparently all be safer walking around naked. Unless you're tattooed, then you're just screwed.
edit on 3/26/2012 by SpaceJ because: sp

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Im I the only one finding it hard to take this thread seriously? A member with a norse god as an avatar telling me that racism is a farce?!? REALLY!?! Im 31, and just because I havent personally experienced age discrimination, it would be pretty ignorant of me to say it doesn't exist.

So I take it you think the movie "Thor" is somehow racist too? And if I am Norse than I am racist?

#1 Don't put words in my mouth
#2 Stop trying to use deflection
#3 If you can't find the correlation between the racism and age discrimination as far as perception and lack of personal experience of it in my post, that's a failure on your part as the observer.

You let me know what you bring Thor into this, and I'll stop putting words in your mouth.

Before you do that, you are obviously racist and hate norse gods.

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc, you sir are incapable of honest intellectual debate... I'm done here, if you want an honest debate on the issue, without an audience...pm me.

Good. Get outta here! Yawwww! Yawwww!

This thread doesn't need people who think the following is honest intellectual debate:

"A member with a norse god as an avatar telling me that racism is a farce?!? REALLY!?! Im 31"

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There are those who will continue to abide by political correctness to the death it seems.
You give your controllers cause to be proud. Their programming has been hightly effective.
Believe what you will in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Racism is mostly a farce

Perhaps but I prefer the 'invention'. This is because racism does exist, but for the most part, it is thriving because it has been nurtured by politics to survive. Race is a powerful political tool for both ends of the partisan polarity. It strikes deeply and evokes the kind of devotion and emotions that bring support and votes.

It's sad because we really could live the colorblind society that Dr. King envisioned. But for now, racism... where it exists and even where it does not, is wet nursed so that we remain a house divided once again...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
There are those who will continue to abide by political correctness to the death it seems.
You give your controllers cause to be proud. Their programming has been hightly effective.
Believe what you will in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

What some consider political correctness I consider human decency. Stereotypes aren't programmed? This thread does serve a purpose, the purpose of contradicting the OP's title.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Agree with the op that this is multi culturism and not racism. Racism is judging people but the colour of their skin.

Also think that simple we are all scared of what we don't understand. So a kid with pants around his bottom is a foreign world to many of us.

Agree or disagree with the above,I think more importantly ever wondered why there is so much of this about:
- We all drive cars from A to B and hence do not need to talk to other cultures
- We watch the TV and/or internet so that we don't need to see other cultures that "disagree" with our own
- We buy papers that back up our stereotypical thinking of the other cultures (why do papers that play on our dark scary side do so well at selling papers?)

Anyone who has worked with the teens who like to hang their trews around their knees know that they are no different to when we were kids, but we don't actually speak to them any more to realise this!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Racism is mostly a farce

Perhaps but I prefer the 'invention'. This is because racism does exist, but for the most part, it is thriving because it has been nurtured by politics to survive. Race is a powerful political tool for both ends of the partisan polarity. It strikes deeply and evokes the kind of devotion and emotions that bring support and votes.

It's sad because we really could live the colorblind society that Dr. King envisioned. But for now, racism... where it exists and even where it does not, is wet nursed so that we remain a house divided once again...

I can agree with you. The definition of farce I was thinking was along the lines of:

"A comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations."

So, I agree that the invention of racism is highly motivated by those in power. It's obvious on the media since that whole Zimmerman story.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Certainly not. I let you say your thing. Then decided who you are based off what you said, not your image.

Most people, like you, discriminate on an arbitrary level and rationalize is to the extent that they hide it from themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I can agree with you. The definition of farce I was thinking was along the lines of:

"A comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations."

then how is racism a farce? or are you just spewing a rote definition all the while internalizing one you made up in your head?
racism exists, calling it a farce doesn't make it one, no matter how much you wish it did.

So, I agree that the invention of racism is highly motivated by those in power. It's obvious on the media since that whole Zimmerman story.

judging from how easily you make up definitions to drive your ideology, i have a doubt you can show how anything you say is true,
how is it obvious? because you believe it to be so? or is this the same as claiming that racism doesn't exist because you handwave away it's existence by calling it something else?

i don't find your OP so much as racist, as stupid and infantile. you have no more deconstructed racism than you have just renamed common bigotry and xenophobia. what an impressive feat.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Most people, like you, discriminate on an arbitrary level and rationalize is to the extent that they hide it from themselves.

you should go into business as a projector at a movie theater, you are just that good at projecting.

nothing that you just said couldn't be said of you, but instead you don't just hide it, you attempt to justify it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I like to wear my jeans low, I wear hoodies infact im wearing one right now, my brand new car has big wheels on them my car has window tints, i listen to rap music gangster rap you could call it, i was born and raised in an underprivilaged area a ghetto some would say my mother has 2 children to 2 different men, i have 1 gold tooth....

Am I a thug....?

well according to your description i am a thug.

a thug that owns and runs his own construction company, me and my girlfriend own and she runs our own restaurant not bad for a 29yr old " Thug "

Im not trying to big myself up with this im simply stating that never judge a book by its cover i hear car doors lock when i walk past, i hear people say that i must be involved in drugs, that i haven't earned my money properly

Is that racism or culturism either way its pre - judging and that is something i never ever do...

Namaste

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I find it absolutely hilarious how you people get on your high horses and call someone "racist" and think you are soooo much better than them - like you have just pulled the wools from everyone else's eyes and exposed this person for being a raaacccciiiiissstt.

Most of us are not racist. We are more... "culturalist".

We don't like thugs who wear pants down to their ankles revealing their underwear for everyone to see, speak in gibberish, attempt to legitimize a corruption of a language, replace their teeth with tinfoil/diamonds/gold, have huge obnoxious tires and blast loud vulgar music for all to hear. Those who have 6 kids by 6 different daddy's. Those who don't know who the father of their children are. We don't like the culture of walking around harassing people because someone looked at them funny. We don't like the culture of highly disproportionate crime rates, violence, rape, and drug use. We don't like the general disrespect and selfishness the culture has. We don't like the lack of self-improvement or the attitude of entitlement. The culture of victimization and persecution from white people. We don't like the culture of placing blame on the white man. We don't like the culture of staying on welfare while you go out and make tons of money selling drugs.

This culture exists. PC has allowed for a large group of people to adopt the above culture and be protected behind a curtain of politically correct sheep who defend any criticism or discrimination of the above by labeling it "racist" by inherently assuming that the above culture is the culture of the inner city black person.

Definition of "racism" by Merriam Webster
1. a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Some would say that the OP's description would be targeted towards the African American population in the US, but the OP is wise enough not to specifically mention the African Americans. Doesn't matter if your white,black,yellow,brown,red, purple, or blue, the type of culture the OP describes affects all races, especially in impoverished areas.

Well... after mass conditioning in those impoverished areas, I can see why the lifestyle is the way it is.

So whoever is saying the OP is racist, you are technically wrong. He is just prejudice to a specific way of life. He is, what I call, a "classist"

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

then how is racism a farce? or are you just spewing a rote definition all the while internalizing one you made up in your head?
racism exists, calling it a farce doesn't make it one, no matter how much you wish it did.

judging from how easily you make up definitions to drive your ideology, i have a doubt you can show how anything you say is true,
how is it obvious? because you believe it to be so? or is this the same as claiming that racism doesn't exist because you handwave away it's existence by calling it something else?

All of my definitions that I've posted come directly from the dictionary. It is obvious that the media is perpetuating the race wars. Do you even listen to the news/TV/Radio or do you live under a rock?

i don't find your OP so much as racist, as stupid and infantile. you have no more deconstructed racism than you have just renamed common bigotry and xenophobia. what an impressive feat.

Good for you. The definition of a bigot is "a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion. ". I'm tolerant of many creeds, beliefs, or opinions; I am not tolerant, however, or cultures that center themselves around "look-at-me" entitlement and highly disproportionate crime, disrespect for nothing - not even themselves.

And, of course Xenophobia - "an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange."

It's pretty reasonable NOT to venture around high crime areas, drug dealers, etc... etc... where the culture I described in my OP persists.

So, my ignorant and foolish friend: Keep living your life with your blinders on. You'll be the guy who gets robbed and killed at a stoplight because you thought it was racist to lock your doors!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It's amazing how many people will turn this into a black vs white argument. When I say I do not like hip hop culture, it doesn't matter if the person is black, asian, hispanic, or WHITE. If they dress like a thug then I tend to avoid them. If anything it may be discrimination, but I'm sure they don't like me either

As I've said before in another post. Everyone is "racist" to some extent, I've seen mexicans/african americans/asians not only all hate on each other, but hate on their own kind! Ever see an asian person make fun of someone "fresh off the boat" or hear an african american person make fun of someone actually from Africa? I've seen/heard it all...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

I like to wear my jeans low, I wear hoodies infact im wearing one right now, my brand new car has big wheels on them my car has window tints, i listen to rap music gangster rap you could call it, i was born and raised in an underprivilaged area a ghetto some would say my mother has 2 children to 2 different men, i have 1 gold tooth....

Am I a thug....?

well according to your description i am a thug.

You're about half-way there. Pull your pants up - It looks silly. Turn that damn stereo down also. You are disturbing me - the decibels aren't even legal.

a thug that owns and runs his own construction company, me and my girlfriend own and she runs our own restaurant not bad for a 29yr old " Thug "

Im not trying to big myself up with this im simply stating that never judge a book by its cover i hear car doors lock when i walk past, i hear people say that i must be involved in drugs, that i haven't earned my money properly

This thread isn't about judging books by it's cover. It's about not liking the culture as I described it.. the culture that exists. You don't prejudge a culture - you see it in action.

Is that racism or culturism either way its pre - judging and that is something i never ever do...

No, it's not. The culture is there. It's real. It's disgusting.

Well, if you don't like "pre-judging existing cultures" why not give the KKK a shot, my black friend?

Come on. Don't judge their culture. It's ignorant to do so!

See how silly it sounds?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join