It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Wrong To want De-evolution? or De-Industrialism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I strongly Believe and want to return to the stage in our evolution when communities were close-nit and we hunted for food and lived along-side the enviroment.

Dont get me wrong i love my gadgets and the easy life i have, but I'd feel life would be much more fullfilling and happy for me if we de-evolutionized.

Am i wrong to want this?
edit on 23-3-2012 by Speakerofthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Speakerofthetruth

I don't think that is "de-evolution" that is just de-industrialization, and I think a lot would agree with you. Not all change is good change.

De-evolution would be giving up some of your frontal lobe and brain cortex in exchange for some denser bones, bigger muscle mass, and more hair!
That might serve someone well as a professional wrestler.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I do not think it is De-evolution. Perhaps De-civilization. But really just the same true civilization that indigenous tribes still live currently, even while adapting to technology.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I stand with you Speaker-

There is more of a value and dearness in the true ways, makes a difference in our children, our homes, our own consciousness/awareness as well.

Flag for me
LV

edit on 23-3-2012 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well Becoming dumber cant be a bad thing

Doubt a caveman could build a Nuke

link   

You can't un-invent the wheel, so to speak. We have to move forward we can not go backwards. Things back then were probably a lot more brutal than it is today, more disease, child mortality, no running water, no sanitary conditions. We have come too far to turn back

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't think that is "de-evolution" that is just de-industrialization, and I think a lot would agree with you. Not all change is good change.

De-evolution would be giving up some of your frontal lobe and brain cortex in exchange for some denser bones, bigger muscle mass, and more hair!
That might serve someone well as a professional wrestler.

Agreed that the word choice is probably not what the OP was really meaning, not sure...OP?

But we need to DE-'something lol

link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Very True But lets be honest i dont understand why i feel like this, I am only 20 years old i am still young yet i have grown to despise the way the world is.

I dont know if i am the only one of my generation but it worries the way the world is it Just doesnt work. I Dont feel like i am part of the earth anymore.

link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth

Well Becoming dumber cant be a bad thing

Doubt a caveman could build a Nuke

True, but I'm gonna miss refrigerators, air conditioning, and google!
You gotta take the good with the bad.

Imagine the world if we had all of today's industrializations, but with yesterday's lifestyle! We could all work 10-15 hours per week, and have abundances for our families. We could keep our families intact, raise our children right, stay at one with nature, evolve on a spiritual level, and really learn how to experience love.

Our problems are excesses. We live and eat and work in excess. We waste and consume and destroy resources and waste precious time.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I personally couldn't live without technology and I don't think most could.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You basically just nailed what i want in one, Glad to know someone understands it makes me feel less uneasy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think you are also romanticizing the way "it used to be"

Massive childhood death rates under 5.
Short life span for 99% of the population.
Life being generally cheap.

Or let me guess. You only want to cheery pick the good stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I would of never guessed you to be 20 Speaker-good to know there are some young old hearts

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Like a previous commenter said, Take the good with the bad.

Suppose i am being nostalgic in a way though

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth

You basically just nailed what i want in one, Glad to know someone understand makes me feel less uneasy.

I hope that is what we all want, and I hope these are just growing pains we are experiencing. Our knowledge and science outpaced our spirituality, and right now things are not in balance like they should be. We work so hard to make things easier for ourselves and more abundant for our families, neighbors, and world, but we fail at actually reaping the benefits of our technology and hard work.

This parable is one of my all-time favorites, and I try to think of it everytime I get some stupid idea for how to be happier and/or richer, LOL!

The Fisherman's Parable
An American businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them. The Mexican replied only a little while. The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish?

The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, but what do you do with the rest of your time?

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds buy a bigger boat, with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution.

You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then, senor?"

The American laughed and said "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions, senor? Then what?"

The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."

Does American Business life seem Ironic to anyone now??

Source

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Yeh i'm not the regular 20 yr old though, So many my age are running around getting drunk or Platering make-up on themselves and worrying about being pretty

Difference between me and them, i know whats important.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Because of lack of science, medicines, people just died. Deaths of whole families from simple, curable things was common place. Families would have 5 or 6 children with the hopes to get at least 2 to adulthood. You want to go back to that?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Do i want to go back to a time when people were not manipulated by thier goverment and were pumped full of subliminal messages from tv, away from a world were everyone seems to be angry and bitter.

You bet your ass i do

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think that we need to change things up, but we won't necessarily have to de-industrialize. I think that switching to localized farming and manufacturing would be a very good thing. If our society can change to be focused around small farming communities which are mostly self sufficient I think everyone would have a better sense of community and purpose. If we can develop solar tech that is efficient enough, or fusion reactors, it could be possible to keep advancing technology independent of fossil fuels and in a clean manner. I agree that we need a change, but I believe that the most effective measures would be a combination of old style community and today's technology.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Well we only have to wait for fossil fuels to run out and traditional farming will be back, when we are forced to change then that is when we will.

Were stubborn that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join