It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India swine flu outbreak kills 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

India swine flu outbreak kills 12

www.bbc.co.uk

Twelve people have died of swine flu in India since the beginning of March, the country's health ministry says.

Half of the deaths have been reported from the western state of Maharashtra. Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka have also reported deaths.

Nearly 130 others have been infected with the virus, and many of them admitted to hospitals.

The cause of the sudden outbreak is not clear. The virus killed more than 450 Indians when it first emerged in 2009.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Another outbreak of the swine flu. No doubt plenty of doomongers will like to re-visit this and proclaim we all need to be on our guard.

So far there is only 12 dead. As the article states 450 died in India in the original outbreak so its not even close to that at the moment. I imagine the population and living conditions contribute to the spread of this in India and I am sure it will not be a major incident.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Another outbreak of the swine flu. No doubt plenty of doomongers will like to re-visit this and proclaim we all need to be on our guard.

So far there is only 12 dead. As the article states 450 died in India in the original outbreak so its not even close to that at the moment. I imagine the population and living conditions contribute to the spread of this in India and I am sure it will not be a major incident.

www.bbc.co.uk

Exactly. Population and living conditions would contribute to the spread. Can you imagine a billion people infected?

If that were to happen, It could not be contained just to India.

Its like leaving a giant turd in the toilette and saying the bathroom dont stink.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I remember a few years ago when swine flu took the news. I caught the stuff around the same time. Definantly not the best experience. Couldnt keep a few sips of water down for more than an hour. I wouldnt wish this sickness on anybody.

Now that a few years have passed, I wonder if this swine flu has mutated, even slightly?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Very sorry for them

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Here we go again lol.

I remember 2 years ago, the Australian Government was trying to tell everyone to take all the vaccines, because Swine Flu was going to smash aAustralia for the sexond time in a huge way. It never happened.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Here we go again lol.

I remember 2 years ago, the Australian Government was trying to tell everyone to take all the vaccines, because Swine Flu was going to smash aAustralia for the sexond time in a huge way. It never happened.

Its not the virus we should be scared about.

Its the vaccine.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

That is why i didn't get the vaccine.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It was such a relatively ranged effectiveness virus. While my mother had it and suffered from dramatic effects, when I got it the effects were nothing more than a regular mild flu and as with the flu, it went away quite quickly with proper home care.

I too believe the vaccine was more to be afraid of than the disease, but I also watched the movie "Outbreak" last night. Always gives me the willies to think about how viruses are always mutating, always trying to get one step ahead of us, and it could be tomorrow when the next ebola or bird flu go airborne.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The vaccine has led to narcolepsy in some children who were vaccinated.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You don't need a billion people infected to have a global catastrophe, should Swine Flu fall into the category of a major pandemic. It only takes ONE person to travel via airplane to the US, or any other country, to begin the spread of the disease globally. One person on one plane can potentially infect 200 people even though some of those will only be carriers and not display symptoms.

As of now, it doesn't have this capability. But enough scientists working to mutate it will surely make it possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
You don't need a billion people infected to have a global catastrophe, should Swine Flu fall into the category of a major pandemic. It only takes ONE person to travel via airplane to the US, or any other country, to begin the spread of the disease globally. One person on one plane can potentially infect 200 people even though some of those will only be carriers and not display symptoms.

As of now, it doesn't have this capability. But enough scientists working to mutate it will surely make it possible.

Isn't that what happened when in 09 - 10 when the Global Pandemic occured? I'm pretty sure it did. NA, AUS, Canada, NZ, UK, Japan and Mexico (obviously) all had Swine Flu outbreaks due to global travel.
edit on 23-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

top topics

join