It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200-kilo metal debris from the sky in Siberia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hi all,

SO...
I think we all agree to say this object is quite paradoxical.
It has both quite high-tech and low-tech features.
On one side, you have what looks to be like a machined (probably CNC aka computer numerical control) aluminium, for the arched piece. I don't know where the titanium statement came from but if this was machined, Titanium is not a likely candidate. Way too hard.
You also have what looks like complexe sheet welding on the inner side of the cylinfrical part (russian website). I can't understand the reason for such shapes. Why create shapes when you can do straight...
Finally you have this massive ring object on the inside of the dome. There is a little hole on the top of that little metallic dome but I would say this is related to the technology used to shape this dome. Probably metal spinning which would have left a hole in order to fix the metal sheet on the positive shape.
Opossed to this you have massive flat head screws that seem to have been drilled by a one-armed troll... not exactly the kind of precision you are looking for when you think about space technology.

I also would like to add that the the metal on the edge of the object seems to have been torn. Therefore I would tend to think this was the result of an explosion. Torn under pressure.
Clearly the lack of friction related abrasion is suspicious for something that came from far up.

I would therefore tend to think this is a quite high tech and expensive piece of gear used on earth to test something. There was an explosion and it flew away a couple of hundred meters. I would probably investigate the surroundings before looking for a pirate space station.

But then again, this is an expensive piece of equipement.
I am still confused and can't decide what it can be...

hehehe I LOVE MYSTERIES!!!

take care

Logiciel
edit on 22-3-2012 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd say it's most likely to be a microwave repeater dish like this......

Used as a line of sight link between radio towers because it's not affected by atmospherics in the same way MF,HF and VHF can be,but like our domestic satellite dishes it is VERY directional.

Most likely it fell off the back of a lorry (old English saying) and the people named in the article thought a bit of free publicity would be good for them.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

that would make sense!
Russia is a flokloric country. They probaly heard a pine nut fall in the woods and connected it to the discovery ;p

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

That's what I would have guessed too!
Thanks for the pic...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoEggz
Quick question. Im new here.

WTF does this say about ATS when there are 3 pgs (so far) of posts on this garbage?

Is this not of the reasons ATS is here? Something strange happened somewhere,someone couldn't explain what it was,someone else came along who could explain it.Problem solved!!!!!!!

I don't understand why you call this topic in particular garbage when there's another thread still going strong that claims to have evidence of an alien invasion next month,and after 50 pages there's still none of the evidence promised in the title?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Someone on the site from the OP suggested that it is a pressure bulkhead from a jet bomber possibly the Tu-22M3 Backfire. I looked on google but nothing for that specific plane it does look similar to many of the pics of other planes especially the kind of lattice style design across the top. If it is a bulkead i dont see how it could have fallen from the sky w/out a plane exploding in the air. which would beg the question where's the rest of the plane. I'd call bs on the part of the townsfolk.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
A local paper had other photos
www.nsk.kp.ru...
including one showing screw heads.

Metric or English units?

There was a guess it was a 'Stiletto' ICBM test fragment, which would
be consistent with the less-than-seared-and-melted appearances.

SLOTTED CHEESE PAN HEAD SCREWS ???

Whatever that thing is, it sure wasn't in space... look at that photo. Do those screws look like something that would hold anything designed to be launched into space, together?

Also, if this is space debris you'd expect it to show signs of re-entry. Burn marks, charring, discolouration of some kind.

I'm with the guy who said this is likely a boiler that blew up. I don't doubt it was briefly a UFO while it was flying through the air though

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I think the question should be. What's inside?!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

If it's a boiler it will be the first one made from spun metal I've ever heard of.

That ring on the inside is interesting, different construction than the rest of the piece.

Nuclear reactors use spun metal, but this looks nothing like a reactor.

I'm leaning toward some schlub finding it in a scrapyard and making up a story.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel

Originally posted by Imagewerx
I'd say it's most likely to be a microwave repeater dish like this......

Used as a line of sight link between radio towers because it's not affected by atmospherics in the same way MF,HF and VHF can be,but like our domestic satellite dishes it is VERY directional.

Most likely it fell off the back of a lorry (old English saying) and the people named in the article thought a bit of free publicity would be good for them.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

that would make sense!
Russia is a flokloric country. They probaly heard a pine nut fall in the woods and connected it to the discovery ;p

Cannot be. A parabolic reflector would never have ridges on it, it would scatter the signal. The ridges are re-inforcement to allow the force of a second stage to blast off the first stage and distribute the thrust vector. It is a blast shield.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Cannot be. A parabolic reflector would never have ridges on it, it would scatter the signal. The ridges are re-inforcement to allow the force of a second stage to blast off the first stage and distribute the thrust vector. It is a blast shield.

You see the back of the reflector the ridges are probably to keep the shape rigid and keep the weight down!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
According to the page: lifenews.ru... ...

Experts suggest that the fragment might be either a part of the fuel tank of a ballistic missile launched in late December or a fragment of the "Meridian" satellite which launch also failed in december.

They're working to identify the fragment, and I guess we'll get an answer soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikoteen
According to the page: lifenews.ru... ...

Experts suggest that the fragment might be either a part of the fuel tank of a ballistic missile launched in late December or a fragment of the "Meridian" satellite which launch also failed in december.

They're working to identify the fragment, and I guess we'll get an answer soon.

I think they only suggest that because it makes a better story than something that is 100% ground based.That workmanship and the slot headed screws aren't something you'd see on a missile or satellite.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

could be part of a rocket booster.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
but most likely the top of one of these
edit on 22-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

them images are in the wrong order i dont know hot to change it

edit on 22-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bers81

Looks a top off a Silo or a Scrubber of some kind. Why would that be represented as a UFO?

Must be a slow news day.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah I agree it is probably the top portion of an orbital stage rocket booster or fuel tank that is least exposed to the heat from the thrust. It likely could have been on the ground for decades before found and it never entered orbit. It has no serious reentry burns or scars. I don't believe that junk ever reached orbit. It became detached from the rest of its body for a myriad of reasons and was later found in the largest land mass on earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There was a story....about some underground machines that would come out of the earth to be used in sky battles.
Bad things happened in areas around them - one of them was in Siberia. One was in a swamp somewhere.

The story was something about people from a previous civilization using them for defense.

Dunno, it just rang a bell when I heard this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join