It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
If gods exist and it is obvious, why is everyone not on the same page with this? And if they do exist but it isn't obvious...why isn't it?
edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

You litterally have to be in the right frame of mind to understand Gods existance... No one can prove it to you... you have to prove it to yourself...

Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. And after they have reigned they will rest

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The god arguement (pros and cons) has been paraded on this site many times before - and no-one will budge. Now the "afraid of death" that is interesting.

I do believe that we as a society do not see enough death and hence do not appreciate life enough. Sounds morbid but think of even say 3 generations ago when death in child birth and infant mortality was absolutely terrible. Our fore fathers would have to embrace death rather than push it under the carpet as it was happening all around them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

If gods exist and it is obvious
I guess is God not gods,

why is everyone not on the same page with this
If this your proof then...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Sorry, I wasn't providing proof of anything. I was asking a question...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
You litterally have to be in the right frame of mind to understand Gods existance... No one can prove it to you... you have to prove it to yourself...
Oh.....I see. So, being that I don't understand gods existence, I'm just not in the right frame of mind. Gotcha.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Sorry, I wasn't providing proof of anything. I was asking a question...

If gods exist and it is obvious, why is everyone not on the same page with this
Sure not....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Oh.....I see. So, being that I don't understand gods existence, I'm just not in the right frame of mind. Gotcha.

You can't fully understand Gods existence... that is not possible. You want evidence of Gods existance, you have to want it... ask for it... seek it anywhere you can find it... Speak to said "non-existant" God... and see if you get a reply in some way... IF not keep looking...

i can see you're clearly not "ready" to understand God just by the cockyness of your replies... I was once like you my friend... God is not a respecter of persons. And humbleness / humility is a requirement for finding him...

You want to find God, you have to search... He already knows you...

edit on 20-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Sure not....
What?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You can't fully understand Gods existence... that is not possible. You want evidence of Gods existance, you have to want it... ask for it... seek it anywhere you can find it... Speak to said "non-existant" God... and see if you get a reply in some way... IF not keep looking...

i can see you're clearly not "ready" to understand God just by the cockyness of your replies... I was once like you my friend... God is not a respecter of persons. And humbleness / humility is a requirement for finding him...

You want to find God, you have to search... He already knows you...

And I was once like you, a believer. Not just merely a believer though, I left my family and moved to another country for a few years because I wanted to live for god and help people.

I have asked many, many times for this god to let me know him/her/it. I didn't want to be a fake, someone who claims to have a relationship with the creator of the universe, but it is all in their head. I wanted a REAL relationship with this supreme being. Nothing ever happened. I admit, every once in a while I will ask again, but still nothing. I have asked while crying my heart out, and still nothing.

I guess your response to that is, "Keep asking...?"
edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And after asking and crying your heart out... were you mad that you got no reply?

God will make himself known to you when you are ready... and it likely won't be obvious either... God is very subtle... but his presence is in all life...

Have you tried meditation?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Believers in a God of Being (God of the abrahamic relgions) are making the claim that God existed prior to the universe, that he has always existed and that he created the universe out of nothing. The definition of this God means that no one can ask who or what made God, how he came into being, where he came from, what substance he's made of, how he developed intelligence, why he felt the need to create the world. If he is a spiritual being, why did he create matter? If he created all things, why did he create evil? The advocates of this God want to shut down debate, but despite their efforts the awkward questions have never gone away. They can never be credibly answered because there is no such entity as the God of Being. For millennia, billions of people have worshipped a non-existent divinity, a God who cannot have the qualities claimed for him. That is humanity's supreme tragedy.
We have endured two thousand years of Christianity (the unholy creed that says you are damned to hell if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour), fourteen hundred years of Islam ("We love death more than you love life."), thousands of years of the Jews (the self-proclaimed "Chosen People"). Is the world a good and decent place because of these religions? Have they delivered societies of which humanity can be proud? Only the blindest fools would continue to pledge their allegiance to these failed religions. Of course, they haven't failed - they have achieved the divisive will of the Demiurge perfectly. They are the roots of all evil. Abraham, the man who was prepared to kill his son simply because Yahweh told him to, was a psychopath and everyone who is proud to follow his three tyrannical religions is equally deranged.
The most intelligent people on earth are atheists, agnostics and gnostics while the least intelligent are the followers of the Abrahamic religions (particularly Islam and Fundamentalist Christianity). The more backward and primitive a nation is the more likely it is to turn to the Abrahamic faiths. There are virtually no atheists, agnostics or gnostics in the most stupid nations of the world. There are none in Afghanistan. Faith in Abrahamic religions and intelligence are inversely correlated. A vicious circle is activated. You need intelligence to escape the mind control of the Abrahamic faiths, but if you are under their mind control you will never acquire the necessary intelligence. These faiths have no interest at all in intelligence.

Martin Luther, the founder of Protestantism, declared, "Reason is the Devil's whore." That sums up the attitude of the Abrahamic faiths to logic and intelligence.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

We don't die because we "owe" anyone anything.

It is a naturally occurring phenomenon.
If it is such a "naturally occurring phenomenon" then why are we afraid of it?

why would we be afraid if god was waiting for us? we are afraid of death because it is the unknown, and humans fear the unknown.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And after asking and crying your heart out... were you mad that you got no reply?
Yes, yes I was. My thinking was that if he is real, why won't he talk to me? Why won't he let me know who or what he is, if he truly cares for me and loves me unconditionally.

God will make himself known to you when you are ready... and it likely won't be obvious either... God is very subtle... but his presence is in all life...
It won't be obvious? How do you know all of this?

Have you tried meditation?
Nope.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by drgrantdiz
why would we be afraid if god was waiting for us? we are afraid of death because it is the unknown, and humans fear the unknown.
Bingo!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well I know someone that didn't fear and didn't suffer when died and went directly to heaven.(do not think to someone well known because it is not)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Think of the God of Christianity, Islam and Judaism existing in complete isolation before he allegedly created the world. How would this God develop as a self-consciousness without anything or anyone else with which to contrast himself? To a Christian, Muslim or Jew that question is not only absurd but also blasphemous and heretical. But their conception of God is ridiculous and incredible beyond words. Their God is one that could never exist. They believe in a fantasy. No intelligent person could subscribe to their religious beliefs. If you are prepared to believe in a 15-yr-old virgin giving birth to the omnipotent, omniscient, perfect, timeless Son of God in a stable in the Middle East 2,000 years ago, you are prepared to believe in anything. You are far beyond the reach of rational debate. Intelligent people will, rightly, instantly reject everything you have to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes, yes I was. My thinking was that if he is real, why won't he talk to me? Why won't he let me know who or what he is, if he truly cares for me and loves me unconditionally.

I think before you understand what God is... you have to understand what he is not... God is not some dude with a beard and a robe sitting in the clouds waiting to spike a lightening bolt at your ass if you sin

Check this out... it may help

It won't be obvious? How do you know all of this?

As i've said... i was once like you... I had no belief in God. Things change when you hit rock bottem... When theres no one to turn to... God will be there... I know this because i've experienced IT...

God doesn't just jump out and say hello... like i said he is VERY subtle.... He will show you the evidence you need when you are ready like i said... Its up to you to recognize it...

And like i said in the my first reply... It requires a certian state of mind to understand... Studying scripture helps tremondously in all honesty...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well I know someone that didn't fear and didn't suffer when died and went directly to heaven.(do not think to someone well known because it is not)

can i ask how you know he went directly to heaven without getting "faith" or something akin to that as an answer?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolongerblind
We are god. God is energy. When you see someone move an object via there energy, that is god. Earth is given a set amount of energy just like land and water. It may have been in different configurations over time, but the amount has never changed. The problem with energy, god, is that it is a set amount, equally dispered around the earth. With populations higher than ever recorded, there is less energy to go around. Less energy per person means there is less of a "connection" with god. Many state of a strong or divine relationship with god. In reality there connection with god is no stronger than yours or mine because the god energy is equally spread. Ie: Global consciousness. Meaning that to achieve what has been achieved by our ancestors we must work together and pool our energy. The more we fight and combat our energies with each other the less we achieve and the more we provide to those that are to be left behind.

Maybe you are right but I am not sure the number of humans on this planet makes such a large difference energy wise on this planet. And I am not sure it is only energy from this place here now. To see earth as a whole is fine but I think we are in fact getting energy from the sun and other stars also (and maybe even directly from the whole). You can make it as a model of earth and other. If you see the whole everything (both universe and whatever we do not know about) then I agree that the amount of energy seem to be static or at least decided to be static for now. I would instead say that the connection with god is on the rise all over the humanity and people are waking up because the are becoming pissed off and break thru the wall during their depretions (some run into the wall and do not come thru, some breaks it down completly with their will).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

can i ask how you know he went directly to heaven without getting "faith" or something akin to that as an answer?
It was a person with faith,real faith and the story is long very very long.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join